Micky Mellon Sack Watch

2 hours ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

That's terrible even coming from you 

2 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

Do you expect anything else?

1 hour ago, LightDN123 said:

He’s a lost cause, borderline bullying really. 

Number 1. I didn't reply to him or mention him

Number 2. If he calls me out then I'll reply

Number 3. I couldn't give a shit

Just now, mcfluff1985 said:

Number 1. I didn't reply to him or mention him

Number 2. If he calls me out then I'll reply

Number 3. I couldn't give a shit

Number 3 is your out for the way you're behaving 

Why not try to engage fellow fans in a more civilised way? I promise that you'll find other's will do the same

7 minutes ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

Number 3 is your out for the way you're behaving 

Why not try to engage fellow fans in a more civilised way? I promise that you'll find other's will do the same

Number 3 is genuine. 

If you tag me and call me out, you'd expect a response...

1 hour ago, Charles or Eddie said:

Everything turns into a fight on here. Been like that for years. 

Were just not a very joined up fan base

I don't think that's the real problem here, IF contributors stick to the football then everything should be good debate instead of personal slurs.

An enforced break from the forum via the moderators might be the answer,

I'd take one myself if I've stepped out of line and learn from it but there's just no need for bullying of any kind, shouldn't be tolerated.

It’s amazing how balanced Robbie from Blackpool view is yet we still have a small number of fans who have this “sack him” mentality. Utterly ridiculous given his win ratio and league position. We need stability. Unsworth granted got given time without having a decent record previously to back it up, Mellon does so should be afforded time to create his own side in the summer. The constant sacking of managers doesn’t help and only causes more negatives. 

Edited by adamoafc
  • Like 14

47 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

It’s amazing how balanced Robbie from Blackpool view is yet we still have a small number of fans who have this “sack him” mentality. Utterly ridiculous given his win ratio and league position. We need stability. Unsworth granted got given time without having a decent record previously to back it up, Mellon does so should be afforded time to create his own side in the summer. The constant sacking of managers doesn’t help and only causes more negatives. 

It's easy to be calm when you're not invested. Like giving someone top drawer life advice when you're actually stil in their kitchen at 5am.

Edited by longtimeblue
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, longtimeblue said:

It's easy to be calm when you're not invested. Like giving someone top drawer life advice when you're actually stil in their kitchen at 5am.

But sometimes it's best to have someone look at it from outside. 

If we zoom out and look at the big picture we can see the club going in the right direction. Their will be plenty more hiccups on the way but we are going to get back to the football league and when we do losing out shit about a defeat at Aldershot will be seen as the trivial bump in the road that it actually was.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

Its not his past record that's in question it's his turgid tactics, even if we get promotion I wouldn't want to watch this as the standard we can expect.

We have a budget better than most so why not use it on attacking crowd pleasing football rather than this 7 at the back hoofball?

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Its not his past record that's in question it's his turgid tactics, even if we get promotion I wouldn't want to watch this as the standard we can expect.

We have a budget better than most so why not use it on attacking crowd pleasing football rather than this 7 at the back hoofball?

We all know it's because he hasn't responded to your emails. This grudge that your holding is starting to grate.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

I don't think that's the real problem here, IF contributors stick to the football then everything should be good debate instead of personal slurs.

An enforced break from the forum via the moderators might be the answer,

I'd take one myself if I've stepped out of line and learn from it but there's just no need for bullying of any kind, shouldn't be tolerated.

I have had a few debates on here with some who have a polar opposite view to me. We battled it out and even though it didn't change each others minds, I for one could understand their thought process (sort of :) ) and it was great. So it can be done.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

We all know it's because he hasn't responded to your emails. This grudge that your holding is starting to grate.

To be fair it's not just @BP1960 complaining about the playing style. But, as @League one forever has repeatedly pointed out, the playing style can and will be tolerated as long as it's successful. When we lose or draw, naturally the complaints and number of unhappy punters shoot up. I can put up with hoofball as it's being called if it gets us back to League 2 - though I wouldn't want it to continue once we are a proper league club again.

For what it's worth, I think we probably will just miss the play-offs and, if we do get there, I don't think this squad has the mentality to get through them. But the big picture is surely that we are making progress after decades of going backwards. MM fully deserves a pre-season to reshape the squad free from the pressure of one/two games a week and then we go again next season. Calls to sack him are crazy in my view.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

That's an out and out lie and you should apologise.

I have never sent him an email nor will. I scouted on an unpaid voluntary basis when approached and at 79yo have no wish now to do so for this or any other manager.

Before you post you need to remember the libel laws.

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

I think that’s rubbish…like me he just wants to see a decent game of footy instead of the current mind numbingly boring shite that’s being churned out. 
I suspect like most people, he probably couldn’t care less how we get back into the league even it’s via hoof ball but the truth is we’re not too good at that either!

Getting back into the EFL is absolutely essential for this football club, however when we do finally get back, if we continue in this way I’m out!

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

That's an out and out lie and you should apologise.

I have never sent him an email nor will. I scouted on an unpaid voluntary basis when approached and at 79yo have no wish now to do so for this or any other manager.

Before you post you need to remember the libel laws.

Calm down, remember you don't have to respond to every post. 👍