Micky Mellon Sack Watch

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

You are right and he will get the summer 100% but this is in danger of getting a bit Unsworth, I don't think anyone barring GK is suggesting he goes but something has to change and quickly, with Halifax away and Chesterfield coming up it could get a little toxic if they continue with this Melllonball.

Both @Ritchierich and @oafc1955 want him gone

I don’t want him sacked. I want the players to take responsibility. You the amount of times I’ve watched Nathan Sheron knock it around the corner to the centre backs head is fucking embarrassing. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

I don’t want him sacked. I want the players to take responsibility. You the amount of times I’ve watched Nathan Sheron knock it around the corner to the centre backs head is fucking embarrassing. 

I don't want him sacked (yet) but he's brought 7 or 8 players in and still not fixed the midfield and right back issues. We needed 2 or 3 nailed on starters not the likes of Hammond who could be decent in 12 months or Conlon who's was decent 2 years ago. Too much reliance on crocked or past it ex EFL players when we see good young players in other teams who are better! Absolute joke if we miss out on the playoffs.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, mick26 said:

I don't want him sacked (yet) but he's brought 7 or 8 players in and still not fixed the midfield and right back issues. We needed 2 or 3 nailed on starters not the likes of Hammond who could be decent in 12 months or Conlon who's was decent 2 years ago. Too much reliance on crocked or past it ex EFL players when we see good young players in other teams who are better! Absolute joke if we miss out on the playoffs.

Sums up the team spirit when sachdev  is getting a lift home in a car parked at aldershot station after the game, the lad got man of the match midweek and still gets left out!! Mellon chopping and changing every week is desperation and it’s showing with performances.

46 minutes ago, diggleblue said:

Mellon interview. He's quote" thoroughly pissed off." I love him. Slowly the real Scott is emerging. I suspect the players got a right bollocking post match after today.

I'm sure they have already had several bollockings but it doesn't appear to make any difference though, does it? The cynic in me would say something is up between him and the players, the sensible side of me says he hasn't had nearly enough time.

The Walker situation is a complete baffler and why is nothing being said about it? I'm not convinced with Dallas or Conlon [who, it would appear, has signed for the wrong club]. It's a fucking shame about Green but that's the way things roll at Oldham Athletic, unfortunately. With Green and Stones still in the team, I believe performances would be very different.

Mellon is going nowhere and we have live with that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wardie said:

The cynic in me would say something is up between him and the players, the sensible side of me says he hasn't had nearly enough time.

He’s had nearly 6 months at the club which is no time at all really but the fact that we can quite easily revert to repetitive shite like that time and time again is a massive concern.

That was an horrific display that got significantly worse after the half time team talk and several substitutions. 

I couldn’t believe what I was watching today and it was obvious that several of those players had given up completely towards the end and their second goal was testament to that.

Whether we manage to make the playoffs or even win them we are destined for yet another mass player exodus in May.

If we are in this division, which is highly likely, I’m not sure we will be able to get a new team together capable of promotion in just one season.

A thoroughly depressing situation…..

Edited by oafc1955
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

He’s had nearly 6 months at the club which is no time at all really but the fact that we can quite easily revert to repetitive shite like that time and time again is a massive concern.

That was an horrific display that got significantly worse after the half time team talk and several substitutions. 

I couldn’t believe what I was watching today and it was obvious that several of those players had given up completely towards the end and their second goal was testament to that.

Whether we manage to make the playoffs or even win them we are destined for yet another mass player exodus in May and I’m not sure we will be able to get a new team together capable of promotion in just one season.

A thoroughly depressing situation…..

I agree, we are fecked for a couple of seasons I suspect which seems pretty common for former EFL reams trying to sort themselves out after dropping down to NL, of course some never sort it out and are still here, or lower

1 hour ago, oafc1955 said:

I didn’t say that you plank!!

You said MM isn't the right man. So if you think that, then you don't want him in the job. If you don't think he's he's right man, but you DO want him in the job, that would make you a bit of a plank would it not?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

You said MM isn't the right man. So if you think that, then you don't want him in the job. If you don't think he's he's right man, but you DO want him in the job, that would make you a bit of a plank would it not?

I never said I want him sacked FFS!

I actually said…..  “I think we have the wrong manager.

It’s an opinion, not a statement of fact.

He may turn it around, he may not and I could be proved wrong.

I’m prepared to give him a bit more time but the signs are not good!

I really hope he does turn it around but I’m not convinced with him so far!

1 hour ago, oafc1955 said:

I never said I want him sacked FFS!

I actually said…..  “I think we have the wrong manager.

It’s an opinion, not a statement of fact.

He may turn it around, he may not and I could be proved wrong.

I’m prepared to give him a bit more time but the signs are not good!

I really hope he does turn it around but I’m not convinced with him so far!

So you think we've got the wrong manager, in your opinion.

Yet, in your opinion, you want the man you think is the wrong manager to stay in place?

Right. You can see why people might struggle with the logic of that one?

23 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Yet, in your opinion, you want the man you think is the wrong manager to stay in place?

I can see why you would but I don’t really care!!

Sorry MM is a carbon copy off DU let’s play 4 centre half’s in a game out of position and see what happens. Sorry an absolute fraud springs to mind. 

5 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

You're really dragging this board down at the moment. You seem intent on causing a row with everyone. Chill out...

• Like 6

10 hours ago, diggleblue said:

Mellon interview. He's quote" thoroughly pissed off." I love him. Slowly the real Scott is emerging. I suspect the players got a right bollocking post match after today.

The problem is that the players are needing and getting more bollockings. There comes a point where players don’t want to be here anymore and are trapped because they are showing to poorly on the pitch for other teams to be interested. We can’t get rid because they are contracted. 

Managers usually come in to the club being personally supportive, encouraging and publicly supportive too. With successive poor performances, criticism in the dressing room becomes necessary, however much the manager knows he is taking a risk that performances may actually get worse because you may piss off modern players.  Then when players don’t respond, the manager starts going public.  It’s a sign that the manager is loosing the dressing room.  Very worrying that we are getting to this point at such a critical point in the season.

1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott said:

You're really dragging this board down at the moment. You seem intent on causing a row with everyone. Chill out...

Can't help himself, seems to get a kick out of it

The type to start an argument in an empty room.

45 minutes ago, Pidge said:

The problem is that the players are needing and getting more bollockings. There comes a point where players don’t want to be here anymore and are trapped because they are showing to poorly on the pitch for other teams to be interested. We can’t get rid because they are contracted. 

Managers usually come in to the club being personally supportive, encouraging and publicly supportive too. With successive poor performances, criticism in the dressing room becomes necessary, however much the manager knows he is taking a risk that performances may actually get worse because you may piss off modern players.  Then when players don’t respond, the manager starts going public.  It’s a sign that the manager is loosing the dressing room.  Very worrying that we are getting to this point at such a critical point in the season.

Exactly.  They get critized by the manager, abuse yelled at them by the fans and then we wonder why they aren't motivated.  Micky Mellon is the one who needs to sort his act out.  

4 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Text book buck passing from Mellon.

Really?

I'd say fair play to him. He's selected the players and shown faith in them. Cross the white line and keep your shirt. Are the players doing that?

12 minutes ago, Lags said:

Really?

I'd say fair play to him. He's selected the players and shown faith in them. Cross the white line and keep your shirt. Are the players doing that?

There will come a time in the future where the general consensus among the fan base will be that it’s time for Mellon to go. At that point eyresy’s algorithms (which must put google’s to shame) will tell him to start backing the manager to the hilt. Often using such phrases as “best fans in the land” in a sarcastic way to try and get bites. It’s tried and tested. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Lags said:

Really?

Yet he won't play the 2 best wingers at the club because of his insistence on playing what is the worst hoofball seen in the clubs his history and regular booed at home matches.

He needs to change his philosophy play offs or not or fans won't put it up with this drivel much longer.

The large BP crowds are due to goodwill for the splendid Frank not for what's being served up.

If promotion isn't achieved fans will desert in their thousands  and this will surely hurt the club financially with the board getting increasingly worried.

As said I don't want him sacked I want him to ditch his defensive dogma.

Edited by BP1960
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Pidge said:

I can understand this with Premier League players who are richer than Croesus. If this lot can't cut it at this level they're stacking shelves at Aldi for a living.

• Like 2