Micky Mellon Sack Watch

48 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Kitch has been asked to carry us all season, I’ll let him off. 

I don’t know why his form has dropped but it has. He now rarely tries to go outside and his crossing and set pieces are ineffective. Aldershot gave him room yesterday but he still offered little. 

But prior to the last few weeks he’s been one of our most important players. If he was on form on one side and Green hadn’t got injured on the other side then we’d be looking a lot better. 

I don’t think he’ll be here next season though. We need young dynamic players down both flanks. Ones who can play 352/343 or in a back 4. 

10 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

😂 static caravans move more than our players. He has no one directly in front of him, usually has to play a 1-2 with bloody Liam Hogan ffs. 

Because basically he’s playing the whole of the game in our half….the truth is that like one or two others, he barely looks interested!!

I think Mellon has probably upset a few of these players with some home truths and rightly so….

It’s obviously over for a large chunk of this squad and Mellon has a massive job on his hands. 

There’s going to be yet another mass clear out at the end of the season.

IMO, the legacy left by the Lemsagam’s and horrendous recruitment from the Unsworth debacle is going to take way more than a season or two to sort out!!

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

I don’t know why his form has dropped but it has. He now rarely tries to go outside and his crossing and set pieces are ineffective. Aldershot gave him room yesterday but he still offered little. 

‘I mentioned in another thread about the [forced] change of tactics which means a deeper sitting Kitching. But I’ve also noticed in recent matches Kitching has been singled out by opposition players. Kidderminster doubled up on him to eliminate his threat and Boreham Wood manager / rent-a-coaching-buzz-word Luke Garrard mention him as one of our more dangerous outlets. He has to find a way to rise above this, but I think it explains his regression of late.

that said, Eastleigh away he was excellent, so not a case to write off. He perhaps needs competition for his position, we literally have no-one natural to play there (unless we recall Cuoto).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

It is a worry and if this persists I do believe a director of football should be considered. 

We need to set up the recruitment strategy the way the manager wants it.  It's ultimately him that's culpable. If he's happy with a DOF, then fine.  If he wants to set-up a network of scouts that he trusts to find him the players he wants, bypassing any "stats department" or "recruitment department", then that should be fine also.  What's never going to work is if we keep giving the manager shit players to work with and then sack him because he's not managed to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.

Football's a simple game - and anyone with an iota of knowledge can see that for the last 18 months we've continued to build an imbalanced squad and pissed a load of Frank's money up the wall on players that aren't good enough or we don't need.  I think our recruitment process needs to be simplified - back to basics - not over complicated with too many people, which is what a DOF would bring.  Just because Arsenal say can analyse a prospective transfer target to the nth degree and it works for them, doesn't mean it's going to work for us.

• Like 1

I think one of the first things he will do in the summer is replace the Captain and bring some leaders in, players like Greg Olley at Gateshead would improve us massively and they shouldn't be out off our reach. We need a fresh start and a different mind set.

Edited by yarddog73

2 hours ago, nzlatic said:

But prior to the last few weeks he’s been one of our most important players. If he was on form on one side and Green hadn’t got injured on the other side then we’d be looking a lot better. 

I don’t think he’ll be here next season though. We need young dynamic players down both flanks. Ones who can play 352/343 or in a back 4. 

But his mate has been frozen out and he’s upset so we should let him off right?

16 hours ago, Oafc11 said:

Sums up the team spirit when sachdev  is getting a lift home in a car parked at aldershot station after the game, the lad got man of the match midweek and still gets left out!! Mellon chopping and changing every week is desperation and it’s showing with performances.

I wouldn't look too much into that. Depending where he llives/where he was going... Probably not that uncommon.

1 hour ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Out of interest, how many clubs at our level, and even L2 operate with a DoF installed? If it’s not many, or hardly any why should we go down that route?

That would be another 60k a year minimum…not viable at all and IMO totally unnecessary at this level!

Regardless if we think the salary is viable the Rothwells won't continue to throw good money after bad, there has to be a strategy and the transfer business in the past 18 months makes no sense whatsoever, that cannot continue and is the biggest problem we are faced with.

I know it's banded about that the Rothwells know little about the football side of the business which I think is unfair, they are well aware that we are going backwards in some respects and it's got to be a worry, they are a very successful family and I'd suggest no mugs.

1 hour ago, longtimeblue said:

I wouldn't look too much into that. Depending where he llives/where he was going... Probably not that uncommon.

He must have left before the team was off the field, I left just before the final whistle and he beat me to the train station, saying that it is a trek for away fans through them woods!!! 😰😂

• Like 1

6 hours ago, O.A.F.C. said:

Exactly.  They get critized by the manager, abuse yelled at them by the fans and then we wonder why they aren't motivated.  Micky Mellon is the one who needs to sort his act out.  

These players are being paid to do a job which they aren't doing. In any other job you'd be sacked.Not expecting every player to be a Messi but they are professionals and with the great following the fans are giving they should at least be putting the effort in and should be able to occassionally pass a ball 6yds to one of their team members. I can't believe that after kicking a football since being able to walk they still can't pass a ball.

At least Norwood puts the effort in. Other teams seem to really try against us yet we let teams play through us and seem to lack effort and desire. Clearly M.M is bemused as well. Hudson in his interview said the players were all up for it but clearly not. Where is their pride. Nuttall is a prime example of the lack of pride and ambition most our players seem to be exhibiting. We are so close to playoff place.yet the lethargic play is worrying.Tuesday will be interesting. The effort and desire should be there every match and not just occassionally.I really believe long contracts should be avoided but then again players agents are earning money off us so it's not easy. Still believe M.M will sort this lot out. Sooner the better though.

• Like 1

I think that Kitching has been very very lucky to stay in the team. And not just this last few weeks, when he has been truly awful. 

For a start, he can't defend, and never has been able to. He can't head a ball either. And most of all,  he has no fighting spirit, grit or determination. Having a decent left foot when in advanced positions is not enough. What's more, the team is full of players who have no battling instincts, and when things start to go wrong have too little in their skills locker to change the course of a game.

Furthermore, I think that the manager was way too hasty in firing players out on loan. There is no way that any of the latest incomers, have shown any more than Tollitt, Dickenson Ward or Hope would have. In many aspects, it's all been a bit of a mess, that has left us fans frustrated and angry.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, diggleblue said:

These players are being paid to do a job which they aren't doing. In any other job you'd be sacked.Not expecting every player to be a Messi but they are professionals and with the great following the fans are giving they should at least be putting the effort in and should be able to occassionally pass a ball 6yds to one of their team members. I can't believe that after kicking a football since being able to walk they still can't pass a ball.

At least Norwood puts the effort in. Other teams seem to really try against us yet we let teams play through us and seem to lack effort and desire. Clearly M.M is bemused as well. Hudson in his interview said the players were all up for it but clearly not. Where is their pride. Nuttall is a prime example of the lack of pride and ambition most our players seem to be exhibiting. We are so close to playoff place.yet the lethargic play is worrying.Tuesday will be interesting. The effort and desire should be there every match and not just occassionally.I really believe long contracts should be avoided but then again players agents are earning money off us so it's not easy. Still believe M.M will sort this lot out. Sooner the better though.

I agree with most of this but you lost credibility when you praised Norwood for making an effort.  He's chief culprit for having a bad attitude with his laziness imo.  It was excusable when he was scoring but he's not even doing that now 

• Like 1

Just now, O.A.F.C. said:

I agree with most of this but you lost credibility when you praised Norwood for making an effort.  He's chief culprit for having a bad attitude with his laziness imo.  It was excusable when he was scoring but he's not even doing that now 

How on earth do you expect him to bag having to deal with repetitive hoof ball?

6 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

If people are going to make stupid comments.. 

Boring

No it's damned true

You only ever come on here to dismantle other people's posts and never in a nice way

It's all on you pal.

2 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Regardless if we think the salary is viable the Rothwells won't continue to throw good money after bad, there has to be a strategy and the transfer business in the past 18 months makes no sense whatsoever, that cannot continue and is the biggest problem we are faced with.

I know it's banded about that the Rothwells know little about the football side of the business which I think is unfair, they are well aware that we are going backwards in some respects and it's got to be a worry, they are a very successful family and I'd suggest no mugs.

If Frank produced products like we saw yesterday he'd go bankrupt, he didn't make his fortune with shoddy workmanship, which is unfortunately what we see on the field of play.

2 hours ago, BP1960 said:

If Frank produced products like we saw yesterday he'd go bankrupt, he didn't make his fortune with shoddy workmanship, which is unfortunately what we see on the field of play.

He also didn’t build his business into a big success in a few months. It would have taken time, wrong turns, ups and downs. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Charles or Eddie said:

Not your money so how do you know it’s not viable and why do you care?

Why shouldn’t I care?….I Just don’t think a club in the 5th tier should spend money on a DOF.

3 hours ago, nzlatic said:

He also didn’t build his business into a big success in a few months. It would have taken time, wrong turns, ups and downs. 

But he didn't start with a product customers hated seeing.