Micky Mellon Sack Watch

10 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

That's your prerogative but it's not really entertaining for the rest of us. :getmecoat:

I'll accept an apology from him, but doubt it will be forthcoming.

BTW your namesake knew exactly how to hit an high ball, he didn't just lump it aimlessly it was designed to panic the opposition coming down at them from a great height.

One of my fav Latics players.

Edited by BP1960
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, L1onheartNew said:

Mods, can you please close this thread?

I am deeply concerned that some of the more fighty shouty posters may inadvertantly produce offspring.

😂

I bloody hope not at our time of life

20 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

however when we do finally get back, if we continue in this way I’m out!

Course you will. . . 😂😂

We’ve had. 

Talbot

Moore

Penny

Dickov

Dunn

Curle 

They all played awful football, and apart from Moore lost most games while doing it. 

Moore- you will remember,  got sacked because our fans wanted entertainment over winning (Corney went on record saying it massive mistake sacking Moore after ‘listening to the fans’.

We played lovely football under Wellens for 6 games. Then he got us relegated. 

We played some really good stuff under Kewell and scored loads- but conceded more, and couldn’t win at home despite ‘entertaining’ 

We finally get a manager who overall is doing well, and people still aren’t happy - to the point where you are now saying. Yeah, promotion is fine, but you won’t support us if we play like that in league two. . .  dear me. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Shall we get promoted first. . ? 😂

I said this a few weeks ago, but as long as results are decent overall, then I really hope the fans don’t drive out a manager with 5 promotions. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, League one forever said:

Moore- you will remember,  got sacked because our fans wanted entertainment over winning (Corney went on record saying it massive mistake sacking Moore after ‘listening to the fans’.

Not sure you can call sacking Moore a mistake. We made the playoffs the following season whilst playing good football...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, League one forever said:

Yeah, promotion is fine, but you won’t support us if we play like that in league two. . .  dear me. 🤦🏻‍♂️

I stopped going regularly during most of the later Corney years and decided to buy a ST when Frank took over. How many more times do I have to say it….I will not go to watch hoof ball, I don’t expect us to play like Barcelona but I expect to see a decent game of football where we actually play to a decent level, 18 months and I’m still waiting!!

I’ll be 70 next and the days of win at all costs and travelling here there and everywhere are long gone, I’ve done all that and have other things to do in my life!!

I’ll continue to buy my ST but won’t attend every game until the product is a bit better!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BP1960 said:

That's an out and out lie and you should apologise.

I have never sent him an email nor will. I scouted on an unpaid voluntary basis when approached and at 79yo have no wish now to do so for this or any other manager.

Before you post you need to remember the libel laws.

Wtf?

I honestly thought that after 25 years of practicing workplace psychology, I had seen/read it all.

I was wrong.

There is no borderline anything here. You sir, are the quintessential definition of a bully. 

Your apparent sense of grandiose is palpable.

How can you demand an apology for a statement that is conjuncture at best?

It is conjuncture that you have contributed to freely in the past during your apparent quest for social one-upmanship and is indicative of psychosis in its purest form; particularly when you block the posters that post something that you are unable to counter-comment without it being self-detrimental.

Neither is the poster's response conjectural. Again, you have shared freely the numerous times that you have emailed the club. He/him is a representative of the club ergo he/him is the club; whoever he/him is at the time.

I come on here to have fun. To share stories, to exchange banter and opinions, not to be told point blank that my opinion is wrong or to read about unfounded libel accusations.

Mirror, mirror, on the wall...

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Not what you just said one post ago, but hey ho. 

If the above is now the case. That’s perfectly understandable. 

Oh great….thank you for your understanding!😳

4 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Oh great….thank you for your understanding!😳

😂😂

Im only questioning what you type. 🤷🏻‍♂️

When you post utter nonsense like - and I quote again, ‘if we go up and this carries on , I’m out.’ don’t get upset when someone challenges that view. By the way if that happened ‘this’ would be a promotion but let’s forget that to concentrate on the following season. 

The reality is, you would never be out. 

Because you’re a lifelong fan, and we’re there through all the shit. (Which you then went onto say by saying you’re not actually out- you’re still getting a season ticket.)

Posting-  I’m out, because of the style of football it’s over reactive nonsense- in my opinion. 

We’re shit- well I never, what’s new. 

53 minutes ago, League one forever said:

😂😂

Im only questioning what you type. 🤷🏻‍♂️

When you post utter nonsense like - and I quote again, ‘if we go up and this carries on , I’m out.’ don’t get upset when someone challenges that view. By the way if that happened ‘this’ would be a promotion but let’s forget that to concentrate on the following season. 

The reality is, you would never be out. 

Because you’re a lifelong fan, and we’re there through all the shit. (Which you then went onto say by saying you’re not actually out- you’re still getting a season ticket.)

Posting-  I’m out, because of the style of football it’s over reactive nonsense- in my opinion. 

We’re shit- well I never, what’s new. 

I do struggle with the current fan mood, we are absolutely shit in some game, but overall we are an above average football team in the national league. 

For years we have been battling relegation, literally years, apart from last season. This year we are 9 games away from the play offs and it seems more depressing than relegation fights. It’s weird. 

The football is shit, but that’s the league, let’s enjoy the potential play off campaign. 

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

,,we are an above average football team in the national league..

Who play teams like Kidderminster, who then make us look bang average.
Figure that one out.

5 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

I do struggle with the current fan mood, we are absolutely shit in some game, but overall we are an above average football team in the national league. 

For years we have been battling relegation, literally years, apart from last season. This year we are 9 games away from the play offs and it seems more depressing than relegation fights. It’s weird. 

The football is shit, but that’s the league, let’s enjoy the potential play off campaign. 

Expectation verses reality, innit. 

It's been a while since we haven't been expected to struggle, so you generally expect us to be crap and the wins - however they come - are always something to celebrate.

Now we're expected to be one of the front-runners, there's negativity when the team is doing is alright (but still not great).

Even though we're clinging on to that play-off spot at the moment, I don't think it's been a great spectacle generally, but I'll take promotion this season however it comes.  Apart from Frank, I think we should be looking at everyone else at the club before Mellon.  He's mopping up the disastrous recruitment, while trying to bring in his own players (from the small pool (and I think it will be a small pool) of players that will improve us and be willing to come here...).  He gets as long as Unsworth got - longer even, because he's proved he knows what he's doing.

It's funny - we'll all enjoy it retrospectively when it's over, if we go up.  Living it can be hard work, though - of that there's little doubt.  And if we don't go up, we're are definitely going to have to get our house in order on the pitch to keep a lot of people interested..

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

I agree, it's putting me off to be honest. Performances haven't been great recently, but I think anyone who was expecting exciting free flowing football in this division is deluded. By and large we're on an upward trajectory and yet I go to games and it's like we're 22nd or something. The atmosphere at York was so flat, like people expected a defeat. Despite the past few results the club is in a better position than it has been for years but the constant negativity is draining tbh

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

This is where I'm at. If you put our current position in a long term context of where we used to be etc, then I can understand why it might be hard to get excited. But I'd rather look at it in the here and now... we're in with a shot at our first promotion in 33 years!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, L1onheartNew said:

Wtf?

I honestly thought that after 25 years of practicing workplace psychology, I had seen/read it all.

I was wrong.

There is no borderline anything here. You sir, are the quintessential definition of a bully. 

Your apparent sense of grandiose is palpable.

How can you demand an apology for a statement that is conjuncture at best?

It is conjuncture that you have contributed to freely in the past during your apparent quest for social one-upmanship and is indicative of psychosis in its purest form; particularly when you block the posters that post something that you are unable to counter-comment without it being self-detrimental.

Neither is the poster's response conjectural. Again, you have shared freely the numerous times that you have emailed the club. He/him is a representative of the club ergo he/him is the club; whoever he/him is at the time.

I come on here to have fun. To share stories, to exchange banter and opinions, not to be told point blank that my opinion is wrong or to read about unfounded libel accusations.

Mirror, mirror, on the wall...

It was a lie and a nasty one at that.

Your accusation of me being a bully is also a lie as anyone who knows me (and you don't) will laugh at that.

You come on here for fun do you? if your post of slagging someone off is an example of that it's not mine.

Go away and leave me alone.

Edited by BP1960

28 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

100% mate. 

I know we are really poor at home. 

I know the squad isn’t right.

But we’ve got Frank and his family, and we’re having our best season for years results wise.  (despite the football)

The overall picture is good. 

Edited by League one forever

7 hours ago, BP1960 said:

That's an out and out lie and you should apologise.

I have never sent him an email nor will. I scouted on an unpaid voluntary basis when approached and at 79yo have no wish now to do so for this or any other manager.

Before you post you need to remember the libel laws.

Libellous come on! you've said numerous times on here that you have recommended players and the club have not taken you up on them. Your posts have been pretty critical of the current management team despite clear progress being made on the pitch. Now I apologise if that has caused offence but that's the perception I'm getting is that you are holding a grudge because of this.

I think we all need to calm down, there's too much infighting and insult-throwing going on. I've done it myself and if you stop and think for a mo, it's pretty daft and pointless. Let's concentrate on the football (I know, I know, sorry!) and remember that we all want the same thing, to see the club we all love on an upward curve. It may happen this season, it may have to be next, or later, but as the great Bryan Ferry said, let's stick together.

46 minutes ago, JoeP said:

aaaaaand we're 8th....

MM out? Season over? 🤣

I'd much rather be in with a shot of the playoffs with how we're picking up points than playing exciting, attacking football and be 17th.

Yes, there is an in-between, but as long as we are in with a shout I don't care. If we don't go up this season, MM gets a proper crack at it woth a full preseason and can pretty much manipulate the squad as he sees fit.

Next season, if we're playing the same way, then I'd want us picking up champion level points or it will be proper shite. I just want promotion. Don't care if we play 11 Harrison Mageheys to do it at this stage. 

• Like 1