Micky Mellon Sack Watch

12 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

Tells you more about our dreadful entitled fans that. Best "support" in the league 🙄

Entitled??? This season is the first in 15 that we've won more than we've lost and we are likely to finish around 10th in the fifth division.

Entitled is your West Ham fans wanting Moyes out less than a season after winning a European Trophy not fans who've seen absolutely fuck all for 30 years and are the least successful professional club in the land.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

Tells you more about our dreadful entitled fans that. Best "support" in the league 🙄

Entitled??? This season is the first in 15 that we've won more than we've lost and we are likely to finish around 10th in the fifth division.

Entitled is your West Ham fans wanting Moyes out less than a season after winning a European Trophy not fans who've seen absolutely fuck all for 30 years and are the least successful professional club in the land.

6 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

By that reckoning you'd have kept DU till the end of the season.

Fans aren't stupid, they say what they see and will cheer when it's good and give flak when it isn't.

That’s a bit different. It should go without saying that I don’t think every manager gets unlimited time to get it right. 

Unsworth had a long, poor run to start with. He then had a good 2nd half of the season but even then he didn’t pick up points at the rate that Mellon did over his first 20 games. He then had the full summer to recruit which he didn’t do as well as he should have done. And then had a shocking start to the season. He also had no track record outside of youth football. 

Mellon picked up points at nearly 2 per game. He’s got multiple promotions under his belt all after at least 1 full season. We’ve now had a run of 6 draws and 3 defeats and we should sack him? It’s a massively over the top reaction to something that happens in all clubs, even ones that get promoted. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Fair enough that's a good point, entitled was the wrong word. I'm sick of hearing how we've got the best support in the league when the actions don't reflect that though.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

There’s lots to fix, of course there is, but is that a massive surprise given what has happened to the club over the last 10/15 years? But no one gets time. It has to be quick or you’re out. 

There shouldn’t be a lot to fix. . . 

Frank fixed the legacy nearly two years ago.

We have one of the highest gates.

We have one of the best budgets.

But since Frank came in - decision after decision on the football side has been woeful. That’s nothing to do with Chris Moore, Simon Corney, or AL. There are clubs far far worse of than us, who manage their football much better. 

The culture of excuse has to stop, and people at the club need to take accountability and fans need to stop looking to blame things that happened years ago. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

That’s a bit different. It should go without saying that I don’t think every manager gets unlimited time to get it right. 

Unsworth had a long, poor run to start with. He then had a good 2nd half of the season but even then he didn’t pick up points at the rate that Mellon did over his first 20 games. He then had the full summer to recruit which he didn’t do as well as he should have done. And then had a shocking start to the season. He also had no track record outside of youth football. 

Mellon picked up points at nearly 2 per game. He’s got multiple promotions under his belt all after at least 1 full season. We’ve now had a run of 6 draws and 3 defeats and we should sack him? It’s a massively over the top reaction to something that happens in all clubs, even ones that get promoted. 

He's not happy in the job though is he? and it looks to me neither are the players. That's a major problem.

10 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

👍 I haven’t been since York away, think we were 6th in the league at the time and our fans couldn't wait to slag off our own players and get on their backs. For a support that regularly slaps itself self on the back, it was shocking. Feel like I'm surrounded by knobheads at every game

Completey agree with this. I do think the team has been very disappointing this season, but the sight of all those man-childs getting angry and booing is a complete embarrassment. 

Anyway, Mellon defo in for me and I'll be renewing my season ticket and might even clap them off next Saturday.

I can do this because I have a good life which isn't defined by whether oldham win or lose every week.(thank god :-))

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, trickyrickyholden said:

Completey agree with this. I do think the team has been very disappointing this season, but the sight of all those man-childs getting angry and booing is a complete embarrassment. 

Anyway, Mellon defo in for me and I'll be renewing my season ticket and might even clap them off next Saturday.

I can do this because I have a good life which isn't defined by whether oldham win or lose every week.(thank god :-))

I've renewed my season ticket because I support a club I've followed for over 60 years. 

But to see Frank's best intentions being ruined is heartbreaking.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

The most booed off manager I've seen in 60 years. Fans should be entitled to ask why is that.

Because our fans have become boo happy since Abdallah.

It loses its meaning.

I've seen a post somewhere on here about Hudson having a pop after being told to get on with it. It sounds out of order. However for context a similar thing happened at Altrincham after about 25 mins when we had a GK and he went to get the ball. Some idiot was screaming at him to hurry the fuck up up because we needed to win the game. He looked at them completely bemused given:

a) it was 25 minutes in

b) it was 0-0

c) he wasn't doing anything slowly

It may well be that he needed to hurry up today, but things lose their impact when people get disproportionately and performative angry, itching for the pissboil. It's a boy who cried wolf scenario.

We've made a complete pig's ear of this and it's not unreasonable to let that be known. But this team was being booed whilst they were in the playoff places, because it's become part of some people's day out.

I'm glad to see Mellon's interview. He sees what we see. The team isn't good enough. Maybe he will be shown not to be good enough, but maybe given he can see the issues and he did a decent enough job at covering the turd in glitter, we might be best trying to get through the season without using a fifth manager.

Booooooooooooo.

• Like 2

Just now, BP1960 said:

He's not happy in the job though is he? and it looks to me neither are the players. That's a major problem.

In his post match interview he's pretty much saying what we are, he's got 17 contracted players already which means he's got about 7 places to fill if he releases anyone not under contract which he really has to do. 

I'd imagine anyone who wants a move will be able to move on and that might provide a bit of room for bringing more in but as we know from previous seasons many of those deemed surplus will probably just be happy to sit on the money for another twelve months. 

The more you look at the damage Royle and Unsworth made it makes you wonder why only Unsworth lost his job because it's a huge mess that's probably going to take another season to sort out.

I'll see how the summer goes before committing anything towards next season, it is truly is soul destroying watching that week in week out at the minute and I fear next season will be much the same.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Done it5 times before but ye, no evidence.

Same as saying no evidence Lewis Hamilton has the nous, desire or ability to win an F1 championship 

Please stop living in failing manager's pockets 

17 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Right. Stop it.

It’s clear the supposed negative noises in away end today have riled you up but this is a fan base that has nothing but pain for many, many years.

There are players out there wearing our colours and on more money than most were on when we were in the 3rd tier. 

We brought in a manager to get us into the play offs and he’s not just missed that objective - he has categorically FAILED. 

What is there to suggest that Mellon will now be able to get these players back on his side this summer? A lot of them are sticking around…

I’m sorry, but deep rooted change is needed. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

I've renewed my season ticket because I support a club I've followed for over 60 years. 

But to see Frank's best intentions being ruined is heartbreaking.

Win our last 2 games and we might yet be celebrating.Mellon is a good man and I honestly believe he knows what to do. He is not deluded like unsworth was. He needs our support and time.He has vast experience and he knows who's not doing their job. Those players will either have their arses smacked or will be removed next year.Lets just beat Halifax for a start.

1 minute ago, League one forever said:

Spot on. 

He’s saying it’s a mess, and he doesn’t escape criticism. 

Seems pretty bang on to me. 

Difference is, he's the one calling all the shots 

I wouldn't put up with some of these wasters at work on peanuts, let alone kicking around a bag of wind on top money

33 minutes ago, trickyrickyholden said:

If they were just booing at the end of games I'd understand, but some of the vitriol and abuse of players and managers I've heard the last couple of years goes way beyond criticism. Shelton was getting booed whilst being subbed on during games that we were winning not that long ago, as an example. Top support that.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, League one forever said:

There shouldn’t be a lot to fix. . . 

Frank fixed the legacy nearly two years ago.

We have one of the highest gates.

We have one of the best budgets.

But since Frank came in - decision after decision on the football side has been woeful. That’s nothing to do with Chris Moore, Simon Corney, or AL. There are clubs far far worse of than us, who manage their football much better. 

The culture of excuse has to stop, and people at the club need to take accountability and fans need to stop looking to blame things that happened years ago. 

If a business has been underfunded and mismanaged for a decade or 2, you don’t turn it around in less than 2 years just with good intentions and chucking some money at it. It’s not an excuse, it’s just not how business works. At all. 

We have new people in pretty much every position. All working together for the first time. Mistakes will happen. It can’t be avoided. Plans will be made and then changed. Take recruitment, our issues could be because the process was wrong last summer. So that could take time to fix properly, who knows? This is all perfectly normal though - it will take time to get the set up of the club working to its best in every department. More time than 2 seasons. 

Some people want to respond to adversity by torching everything and everyone and starting from scratch. I might be wrong but I don’t think that’s the way to go for long term health of the club. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, GKing521 said:

Right. Stop it.

It’s clear the supposed negative noises in away end today have riled you up but this is a fan base that has nothing but pain for many, many years.

There are players out there wearing our colours and on more money than most were on when we were in the 3rd tier. 

We brought in a manager to get us into the play offs and he’s not just missed that objective - he has categorically FAILED. 

What is there to suggest that Mellon will now be able to get these players back on his side this summer? A lot of them are sticking around…

I’m sorry, but deep rooted change is needed. 

Stop what? Saying Mellon should be given time or criticising fans who are trying to hound Norwood out?

Well MM has nailed his colours to the mast in that interview. I`ve inherited many players who just aren't good enough. I`ve tried to improve them but they are incapable of improving to the standard I know is required. I know what is required and it's going to need some new players and for some contracted ones to be paid off. Over to you, Board.

It's an unusual interview, for sure, but I like it. I like honesty and it's been obvious for a while that the players are not busting a gut for him. It's a bloody critical summer this. I think the owner is going to have to be brave and trust MM in what he is saying. It's going to cost an awful lot more money than ever was anticipated to get us up, that's for sure.

Whover appointed DU (someone tells me it was Joe's recommendation not DR's?) AND sanctioned his player choices needs to be held accountable too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

By that reckoning you'd have kept DU till the end of the season.

Fans aren't stupid, they say what they see and will cheer when it's good and give flak when it isn't.

Do read some of the stuff on here?

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

If they were just booing at the end of games I'd understand, but some of the vitriol and abuse of players and managers I've heard the last couple of years goes way beyond criticism. Shelton was getting booed whilst being subbed on during games that we were winning not that long ago, as an example. Top support that.

Isolated example. Our fans are not unreasonable. Players deserve what they get on whole 

6 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

If a business has been underfunded and mismanaged for a decade or 2, you don’t turn it around in less than 2 years just with good intentions and chucking some money at it. It’s not an excuse, it’s just not how business works. At all. 

We have new people in pretty much every position. All working together for the first time. Mistakes will happen. It can’t be avoided. Plans will be made and then changed. Take recruitment, our issues could be because the process was wrong last summer. So that could take time to fix properly, who knows? This is all perfectly normal though - it will take time to get the set up of the club working to its best in every department. More time than 2 seasons. 

Some people want to respond to adversity by torching everything and everyone and starting from scratch. I might be wrong but I don’t think that’s the way to go for long term health of the club. 

I disagree. 

When you wipe a company’s debt, give it multiple new staff and give it a very large cheque to move forward with - you want to see that business get results/ make improvements after two years.  What you don’t say is, don’t worry - I don’t expect anything for 5 - 10 years. What you allude to is the micro, what I am talking about is the macro. Recruitment, player profile and age, sell on value, contracts given, youth pathway- we have failed miserably. Furthermore all this ‘normalcy of business’ doesn’t happen at a lot of other clubs. Strange that.

You’re going to extremes again to validate your narrative. . . no one is saying torch it all. It’s a lot more simple  than that- and Mellon has started the ball rolling with that interview. 

Since Frank came in - the football operation has been and is a mess. Not because of what they inherited, but because they‘ve made poor decisions in the last two years alone. 

This is on DR, the board, and Mellon, - not to say sack them- but to say they have done a poor job and it needs addressing asap. As Mellon says some very honest conversations need to happen.