MATCH: Southend (H) 02/03/24

Two points dropped against a bang-average team. 

There's no point in us chasing for 2nd or 3rd because we can't do it at home. Should have been 2-0 up before their deflected effort found its way in.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Two very equally matched teams imo. Draw will be a fair result. That said.. fuck them and Nick it. 

Agreed. A proper battle, draw is fair. We’ll be disappointed to not take those chances, they’ll be disappointed to not make more of their possession. 

After some poor home performances they should be applauded for the effort today. 

• Like 3

Oh well, a point more towards 7th place. Results went our way with only Aldershot winning in the play off chase 

No chance we are consistent enough to catch Barnet or Bromley and frankly I’d rather we had 3 away play off games as MM and the players clearly have no clue how to win at home 

51 minutes ago, IanMarshall's Mullet said:

BBC Essex radio quite good to be fair. I’m listening from Spain today. 

Yes good,  apart form thinking we had a player called  "Fun dupp"  🙂

They called it a fair draw.

Edited by Punce
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, GKing521 said:

Sheron the best of our midfielders today.

Something is wrong with Conlon. I wouldn't be in a hurry to have him back any time soon. Rubbish.

Kitching was piss poor and words fail me with Hammond who looks lost and way off the pace!

Should have won it on chances but we were second best and a point is the least Southend deserved.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

Anyone know what the attendance was today?

Around six and a half, with 450 or so from Southend.

It's increasingly a stretch to hunt down Barnet or Bromley, notwithstanding next Tuesday, because of our home form, but I'm not vexed at all about a draw at home to Southend. They'd be up there with us if it weren't for their points deduction.

What's happening with Alty? I think that is five defeats on the trot. Strange league.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

A team that if it hadn’t had 10 points deducted would be 2 points behind us with a game in hand and a superior goal difference 

Still would be below us, wouldn't they? 

1 minute ago, Ritchierich said:

A team that if it hadn’t had 10 points deducted would be 2 points behind us with a game in hand and a superior goal difference 

And if we hadn’t started the season with Unsworth we’d probably be 10 points better off!

Thoght that was a decent game. 

Done well up until we scored then we sat back somewhat and gave them the initiative.  We were under the cosh there after.

All things considered I think a point was a good result today- Hogan at right wing back and all that!

If Hammond hadn't of soiled himself when through we could of been two up- didn't pass or shoot! 

Edited by deckyd
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

And if we hadn’t started the season with Unsworth we’d probably be 10 points better off!

Haha! Well that is certainly true. Either way, Southend would have been in the playoff hunt and honestly I think they would win them, very well organised, great spirit and a manager who gets the best out of his players. I think they will potentially be favourites for the title next season if they can strengthen their squad.

It looks like MM doesn’t have the tactical or motivational skills required to win home games regularly so we probably won’t be title contenders but obviously play offs likely again assuming we make them this year and don’t go up.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

Indeed! However, their decline may be the reason we sneak into the last playoff spot 

This sneaking into the last play off place keeps getting a mention. We’re 4 points clear of 8th. We’re already firmly in the play offs!