MATCH: Southend (H) 02/03/24

Couldn't make it on today but nice to see some balanced opinions on here. Probably not a bad point in the grand scheme of things, we're 4 points clear of 8th now and most teams around us are inconsistent. Tuesday is a big game of we have any hopes of catching 3rd though

2 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

In a division where I have been critical of many teams, it's only fair to say I thought Southend were a good side. We are a tough watch, but probs had best chances...

So were kiddy. And many other teams that play at BP. 

6 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Defend him all you like I tell it as I see it and he was lightweight and easily dispossessed. 

Not seen him tackle or create a chance yet. We need a strong quick  direct central attacking  midfielder and he doesn't fit the bill to me.

He may well improve with experience, but not what we need now IMO.

You've had your opinion and quite entitled to it so don't go nasty on others who give theirs.

Hammond created a chance for Green about 2.5 hours ago

22 minutes ago, AndyB2 said:

5 of the 14 that featured were Mo’s including 4 starters 

No they weren't only Mcgahey and Fondop were here when the Lemsagams were tearing the club to pieces get your facts right.

Edited by GlossopLatic

2 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

No they weren't only Mcgahey and Fondop were here when the Lemsagams were tearing the club to pieces get your facts right.

Sheron, Gardner and hogan all singer pre Rothwell 

2 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Stick with Hammond he can potentially  come good it would be nice if we allowed a young player time to develop in the first team.

Agree he’ll only get better, He’s already good player imo. He could do with bulking up a touch as he’s shrugged off the ball a bit easily but there’s a player in him.

His work rate and off the ball movement is superb. 

Needs to settle down a touch in the final third but it will come. Will be a massive player for us next season. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, AndyB2 said:

Sheron, Gardner and hogan all singer pre Rothwell 

They had checked out by then if they were anyones signings it would have been John Sheridans. If anything so was Fondop.

Edited by GlossopLatic

46 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

It's no wonder our managers won't play youngsters, we have fans who don't have a fucking clue how to nurture and support young players, fucking morons. 

Nice.

45 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Because we are a better team with him in there, fucking hell the kids come in , plays positive and works relentlessly yet some want to write him off after less than half a dozen senior games.

It's no wonder our managers won't play youngsters, we have fans who don't have a fucking clue how to nurture and support young players, fucking morons. 

Is it any wonder he's leggy when he's covered more ground than any player bar none today. He's a far better option than Gardner or Lundstrum and he's our player. 

Great post. 

5 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

They had checked out by then if they were anyones signings it would have been John Sheridans. If anything so was Fondop.

Let’s agree on pre Rothwell shall we. I am surprised we are still reliant on so many players signed when the club were in disarray. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Because we are a better team with him in there, fucking hell the kids come in , plays positive and works relentlessly yet some want to write him off after less than half a dozen senior games.

Is it any wonder he's leggy when he's covered more ground than any player bar none today. He's a far better option than Gardner or Lundstrum and he's our player. 

This strikes me as a ‘if you don’t see the value in nuttall you don’t understand football post’ 

why some players get hung drawn and quartered and others don’t always confuses me. It’s totally random. He’s been poor 

20 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Defend him all you like I tell it as I see it and he was lightweight and easily dispossessed. 

Not seen him tackle or create a chance yet. We need a strong quick  direct central attacking  midfielder and he doesn't fit the bill to me.

You've had your opinion and quite entitled to it so don't go nasty on others who give theirs.

It's nothing to do with opinion, if someone doesn't rate him I get it but I'm not going to agree with anyone whose judging and questioning him after the few games he's had for us.

You can see what he's trying to do and he does make mistakes but his desire and bravery on the ball are so far removed from what we've been used to this season. I posted earlier in the week he needs a big preseason, he needs to work on his strength and he will fill out naturally, he's playing in an unorthodox wide left position and always makes himself available and provides the legs we lack. Let him develop but I'm confident he will be a top player for us in months to come.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, AndyB2 said:

This strikes me as a ‘if you don’t see the value in nuttall you don’t understand football post’ 

why some players get hung drawn and quartered and others don’t always confuses me. It’s totally random. He’s been poor 

I think he's looked alright, especially as a youngster who's still learning and adapting. Really don't understand the constant eagerness to write players off, especially youngsters 

• Like 2

Poor in what respect, you expecting the finished product already? Your Nuttall example is just bizarre.

Let’s agree on pre Rothwell shall we. I am surprised we are still reliant on so many players signed when the club were in disarray. 

It's not that long ago though is it what just over 18 months so it shouldn't be a surprise to have players signed for us in the summer of 2022 still at the club plus they all have their uses.

During Ian Dowies play off season we still had to call on players like Lee Duxbury Tony Carl's and Carlo Corrazin who had been at the club a while.

15 minutes ago, aaronoafc said:

Agree he’ll only get better, He’s already good player imo. He could do with bulking up a touch as he’s shrugged off the ball a bit easily but there’s a player in him.

His work rate and off the ball movement is superb. 

Needs to settle down a touch in the final third but it will come. Will be a massive player for us next season. 

He'll need to learn some composure on the ball and how to use his body to sheild it, I'm sure someone like Garner can show him how its done.

Edited by GlossopLatic

6 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Poor in what respect, you expecting the finished product already? Your Nuttall example is just bizarre.

As is your view on Hammond having been anything other than below average. Thanks 

1 hour ago, Astro said:

Around six and a half, with 450 or so from Southend.

It's increasingly a stretch to hunt down Barnet or Bromley, notwithstanding next Tuesday, because of our home form, but I'm not vexed at all about a draw at home to Southend. They'd be up there with us if it weren't for their points deduction.

What's happening with Alty? I think that is five defeats on the trot. Strange league.

Vexed. What a magnificently Lancastrian word. Up there with mithered. In fact better.

4 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

He'll need to learn some composure on the ball and how to use his body to shield it I'm sure someone like Garner can show him that.

He’s just not got the physical strength of a man yet so won’t be able to do that yet. He’s already looked a far better option than Ward, Lundstram and the massively overrated (in all his time here) Gardner. 

• Like 5

35 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Whilst I agree Hammond is lightweight, think we can develop him into a very good player. Surely gaining a bit of heft is easy.

7 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

It's not that long ago though is it what just over 18 months so it shouldn't be a surprise to have players signed for us in the summer of 2022 still at the club plus they all have their uses.

During Ian Dowies play off season we still had to call on players like Lee Duxbury Tony Carl's and Carlo Corrazin who had been at the club a while.

Those players weren’t signed by fuckwit owners who took us to the brink of liquidation and got us relegated twice in 3 years. We weren’t a bag of spanners when dowie came in and he didn’t need to reinvent the team for us to be able to compete. 

13 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

It's nothing to do with opinion, if someone doesn't rate him I get it but I'm not going to agree with anyone whose judging and questioning him after the few games he's had for us.

You can see what he's trying to do and he does make mistakes but his desire and bravery on the ball are so far removed from what we've been used to this season. I posted earlier in the week he needs a big preseason, he needs to work on his strength and he will fill out naturally, he's playing in an unorthodox wide left position and always makes himself available and provides the legs we lack. Let him develop but I'm confident he will be a top player for us in months to come.

He’s also improving each game which is what you’d want from a young player in his first proper run in men’s football. 

Strange for people to be so absolute about a young lad in his first season. 

• Like 1