MATCH: Southend (H) 02/03/24

56 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I still have nightmares about seeing Norwood and Garner up front together 4 weeks ago...

Agree, it has to be Fondop and one of Norwood/Garner. Obvs that's only based on one game of Norwood/Garner but it was absolutely terrible.

I can't see them working together at all.

Garner and Fondop start. 
However, they’ve both put serious shifts in Sat, Tue, Sat, Tue or whatever, whilst Norwood has been sidelined. 
Options from the bench tomorrow if required, hopefully we are out of sight so Dallas gets some game time instead, rather than rushing Norwood back. 
Ohh for an ‘In an Ideal World Scenario’.
3-0 up @ 65 mins….

Then again, we could be 0-2 down! 

Edited by hollandspies

8 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

37 matches is the cut off point in the National League for 10 accumulated bookings  - then it increases to 15 by the end of the season prior to the playoffs.

So if Norwood can behave for the next two games he should be okay…

Oh cheers. 

1 hour ago, TwistingMyMellon said:

Don't think I can put myself through the inevitable 2 or 3 nil defeat. I've got some paint to watch...

Go on, force yourself. We don't do 3-0 away from home, 2 is the best we normally manage.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rootshallbloke said:

Go on, force yourself. We don't do 3-0 away from home, 2 is the best we normally manage.

Oh right fair enough, if it is only 2 I might make the effort then and at least we'll lose to a team I've heard of this week...

At least it won't be as bad as losing 3 nil to your lot when we got relegated from League 1 with the orange tanned Phil Brown celebrating on the sidelines and our idiot owner Lemsagram emerging from the home dressing room after having a go at the team at halftime....

21 minutes ago, TwistingMyMellon said:

Oh right fair enough, if it is only 2 I might make the effort then and at least we'll lose to a team I've heard of this week...

At least it won't be as bad as losing 3 nil to your lot when we got relegated from League 1 with the orange tanned Phil Brown celebrating on the sidelines and our idiot owner Lemsagram emerging from the home dressing room after having a go at the team at halftime....

Tango man appears to be having a renaissance at Kiddie at the moment. Good luck to him as long as he stays a very long way from us. I haven't forgiven him for taking us down from FL2 yet. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I still have nightmares about seeing Norwood and Garner up front together 4 weeks ago...

For 60 minutes at Ebbsfleet? 

I didn't see that game, guess I dodged a bullet 😅

Edit: and that 60 minutes when Garner was fresh through the door - he and Norwood will gel nicely I'm sure 👍 

Edited by Can Neil Redfearn Do It

4 minutes ago, Glossop Shrimper said:

mmmm. . . 

If we win, or if we lose,

the result is the same, I'll be drinking Wetherspoons in Glossop dry ...

One day I might succeed too.

Can't fault you mate. If you do win today then I'd fancy you to have a late tilt at the playoffs especially with three very winnable home games over the next 10 days or so..

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GKing521 said:

Whoever this is on commentary needs to gracefully step down and never do it again. 

He obviously does no preparation and evidently has poor eyesight. 

Embarrassing. 

It's been embarrassing for 15 years with all due respect to Gordon.

Roy needs shooting.

The other one needs to be given the gun with two bullets.