Home attendances

Was disappointed with the attendance yesterday.

Our 2nd lowest home attendance I think after Dorking in early September, and Southend brought more than most.

I know our home form has been ropey but I reckon we've lost about 500 floating home supporters since the start of the season which is not great bearing in mind we are in the top 7.

Obviously we lost a great opportunity v Kidderminster to pick up a few.....😬

The problem is that to date the home games have been lacking in entertainment which coupled with the lack of wins means that for anyone other than the diehards it’s not been a great place to spend your valuable Saturday afternoon.

it’s also clearer this season than ever before that nobody involved in the game sees it as an entertainment business, particularly if you want more bums on seats. In addition to our lack of flair players I’m fed up of seeing everyone slow the game down every time it naturally stops; players on both sides take an age at throw ins, at goal kicks, at corner kicks and the refs are to blame too by making sure everyone is set before finally whistling for free kicks to be taken.

Maybe  it’s just me.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

The problem is that to date the home games have been lacking in entertainment which coupled with the lack of wins means that for anyone other than the diehards it’s not been a great place to spend your valuable Saturday afternoon.

it’s also clearer this season than ever before that nobody involved in the game sees it as an entertainment business, particularly if you want more bums on seats. In addition to our lack of flair players I’m fed up of seeing everyone slow the game down every time it naturally stops; players on both sides take an age at throw ins, at goal kicks, at corner kicks and the refs are to blame too by making sure everyone is set before finally whistling for free kicks to be taken.

Maybe  it’s just me.

agree with you about the lackadaisical way our players traipse around notably our keeper who seems to have to do a couple of "keepy-uppys" before every goal kick and then changing his mind a few times whether to go short or long.

50 minutes ago, JoeP said:

I'm still not convinced there's even as many as they say there are in there...

21 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Yep. Not having that there was over 6000 on yesterday...

There definitely wasn’t. 

They’re counting season tickets whether people show or not. 

Id say there was 5k in actual attendance yesterday. 

It can't be a surprise to anyone that numbers are down.

I live nowhere near BP and I certainly am not in the mood to go out of my way to watch a home game at the moment. I've only been to one all season.

We can't win at home regularly - for whatever reason. 

6 minutes ago, Wardie said:

Probably still one of the best attended matches in the NL.
Scunny vs Chester yesterday apparently had 7,511 in attendance, a new record for the NLN.

I should damn well hope so. The day our home attendance isn’t one of the highest in, checks notes, non-league football, is the day we give up my friend

45 minutes ago, League one forever said:

There definitely wasn’t. 

They’re counting season tickets whether people show or not. 

I don't even think that's how it's counted.  That would mean there were about 2k paying on the day/freebies...

8 minutes ago, JoeP said:

I don't even think that's how it's counted.  That would mean there were about 2k paying on the day/freebies...

So would you explain the difference between the attendance as report  and the actual number of people present ?

10 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Yep. 

We sold 3800 season tickets, and we’ve had plenty of 7k plus gates this season- with little or no away fans there. 2k potd is low from what it has been at times this season. 

8 minutes ago, AndyB2 said:

So would you explain the difference between the attendance as report  and the actual number of people present ?

I can't. Hence the discussion..

Season tickets have to be shown at the turnstiles, so the attendance should be bodies through the gates and bums on seats. I would say it's nigh on impossible to asses the accurateness of the official attendance figure based on a visual perception of what someone sees from their vantage point..unless it's a drastic exaggeration. I assume attendance figures also include corporate boxes, invited guests etc.

10 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

What difference does it make how many were there or whether all season tickets are included ?

None. 

But we played quite well yesterday and everyone’s bored. . so we’re pulling the arse out of something that nobody really cares about. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

What difference does it make how many were there or whether all season tickets are included ?

It doesn't really but I think the gist of the OP is the possibility of non-season-ticket support dwindling, as could be POTD and maybe a reference to the poor home form and general quality of the football being the reason why. 

4 minutes ago, Wardie said:

It doesn't really but I think the gist of the OP is the possibility of non-season-ticket support dwindling, as could be POTD and maybe a reference to the poor home form and general quality of the football being the reason why. 

It’s shitness fatigue.

People used to say under AL -relegation to league two will be a disaster for the attendance! Crowds went up in the first season. Relegation to non league will be a disaster for the attendance! Crowds went back up to league one level. 

Here’s the rub- 

When any club goes down, you get a surge of hope for one season possibly two and crowds go up living on the hope.  If nothing happens then the crowds start to dwindle. 

The fans are always there, but a lot won’t come until there’s a consistent winning team at home. That has been very evident on here recently, where people seem wilfully blind to the away form because they don’t go, and the games they watch at home are very patchy to say the least. 

If we don’t go up this year, and want the crowds back- we need to reverse this seasons form.  Great at home, patchy away. (Hopefully both) 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, League one forever said:

Yep. 

We sold 3800 season tickets, and we’ve had plenty of 7k plus gates this season- with little or no away fans there. 2k potd is low from what it has been at times this season. 

Apparently we have sold 4550 Season tickets.