Home attendances

8 hours ago, jsslatic said:

On a semi-related note, I cannot understand why week in week out our fans applaud these pathetic away followings. Teams literally bringing numbers you could fit on a coach - most of which are probably family and friends of the 11 on the pitch.

Last night Bromley brought what 35 fans. They're second in the fucking league. They had 3,000 in at home at the weekend. It's laughable.

When we were in just L2 the paltry followings would be derided. What's changed to make these 'followings' worthy of acclaim?

I seem to recollect Frank asking the home fans to applaud the travelling away fans before a home game earlier this season stating that he and our supporters were made to feel welcome when they visited elsewhere

6 hours ago, jsslatic said:

No criticism of those who came but for the away fans as individuals, attending a game of football isn't an achievement. For the away club as a collective, the away followings are pitiful.

We never used to congratulate small numbers of away fans for going to watch a game when we were in the league. What's changed?

I just find it very, very bizarre.

Could be the 'Big fish in a small pond' syndrome. Some of the clubs with small home attendances must be impressed with Latics' away following, as well as the likes of Chesterfield etc. also it brings in more revenue for their club. I don't see the harm in showing a bit of respect for people who are, after all, fans like any other and willing to travel despite the knowledge they will be sat with a tiny contingency.

Given our home form, I would say a small travelling fan base will take great pleasure in going home with a 'result' against a big name team. I can't get to the games anymore, do we still applaud the away team 'keeper when he goes between the sticks in the home end?

1 hour ago, Wardie said:

Could be the 'Big fish in a small pond' syndrome. Some of the clubs with small home attendances must be impressed with Latics' away following, as well as the likes of Chesterfield etc. also it brings in more revenue for their club. I don't see the harm in showing a bit of respect for people who are, after all, fans like any other and willing to travel despite the knowledge they will be sat with a tiny contingency.

Given our home form, I would say a small travelling fan base will take great pleasure in going home with a 'result' against a big name team. I can't get to the games anymore, do we still applaud the away team 'keeper when he goes between the sticks in the home end?

No, which perhaps oddly given my bemusement at applauding people going to watch their team at a football match, is something I do miss us doing.

On the subject of home attendances, after reading the notes on OASF meeting with Darren Royle I’m pretty sure ST prices will be raised considerably regardless of division as we are currently experiencing considerable losses (which were expected) due to infrastructure costs following the club takeover.

My current senior ticket at £175 works out at £7.61 a match which is, I believe, ridiculously low and appears to be one of the cheapest if not the cheapest in the division.

I’m expecting a 30% increase which would put it to around £10 a game which would still be amazing value and still one of the cheapest in the league.

However, If we are promoted It may go up even more and could have a considerable impact on ST sales next year.

Whats the general consensus?

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

On the subject of home attendances, after reading the notes on OASF meeting with Darren Royle I’m pretty sure ST prices will be raised considerably regardless of division as we are currently experiencing considerable losses (which were expected) due to infrastructure costs following the club takeover.

My current senior ticket at £175 works out at £7.61 a match which is, I believe, ridiculously low and appears to be one of the cheapest if not the cheapest in the division.

I’m expecting a 30% increase which would put it to around £10 a game which would still be amazing value and still one of the cheapest in the league.

However, If we are promoted It may go up even more and could have a considerable impact on ST sales next year.

Reluctantly agree OAFC1955. My Halifax concessionary ticket is £18 (adult is £21). At BP it is £10, in advance, £12 on the day, with corresponding adults at £20 and £24. 

Been to a few aways this season and half price for pensioners is unheard of.

Think us old timers will have to stump up a fair bit more next season. Agree that a ST at £10 a game would still be comparatively cheap but suspect it may be higher 

Edited by Boyyou

1 hour ago, oafc1955 said:

Unrealistic to think they'll stay at same prices. ST's have been good value for a good number of years (even under Lemsagam bros). I wouldn't begrudge paying a bit more...

How do our prices stack up in relation to other NL clubs then?, we're struggling to get them in now sitting in 5th having our best season (league position wise) for a couple of decades.

Even at the price I've paid this year I'm humming and harring at the minute and may not get one next season, I've had a ST on and off for 30 odd years and generally only get one to guarantee away tickets but that's not been an issue really this season. I also think they'll offer finance this year which will help some people who ordinarily couldn't afford one in one go.

Incidentally before I get accused of not being a fan - pay on the dayers generally contribute more to club coffers, this myth that your some sort of super fan for purchasing a ST is exactly that, paying less than half price to watch us isn't great for the clubs finances long term, gone are the days hopefully when we need to shift 3000 season tickets just to get through the summer.

15 minutes ago, BradKnowles1 said:

I think we will be pushing the £400 mark if we go up. £370 if we are in the same league. 

the club have been able to offer finance in the club shop so hopefully have something lined up. 

They'll be on sale before we know what division we are in, won't they...? 

29 minutes ago, BradKnowles1 said:

I think we will be pushing the £400 mark if we go up. £370 if we are in the same league. 

the club have been able to offer finance in the club shop so hopefully have something lined up. 

Interested in what sort of finance they are offering. After the last lot managed to lose the required FCA registration, via spectacular incompetence, I did offer to do the work to get it back but never got a reply.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, BradKnowles1 said:

Good luck to them at £400

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

How do our prices stack up in relation to other NL clubs then?, we're struggling to get them in now sitting in 5th having our best season (league position wise) for a couple of decades.

Even at the price I've paid this year I'm humming and harring at the minute and may not get one next season, I've had a ST on and off for 30 odd years and generally only get one to guarantee away tickets but that's not been an issue really this season. I also think they'll offer finance this year which will help some people who ordinarily couldn't afford one in one go.

Incidentally before I get accused of not being a fan - pay on the dayers generally contribute more to club coffers, this myth that your some sort of super fan for purchasing a ST is exactly that, paying less than half price to watch us isn't great for the clubs finances long term, gone are the days hopefully when we need to shift 3000 season tickets just to get through the summer.

I sort of understand what you mean regarding pay on the dayers. On a single match they have paid more for their admission but they would have to go to 10 or 11 plus games to have spent the same money comparing to the season ticket amount. A pay on the day who goes to 3 games hasn't contributed more.

Although when you add 23 games times two pints and a pie each time then my contribution will be more.

The club has got to get the price right, it's going to be tricky to hit the right balance.

1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott said:

They'll be on sale before we know what division we are in, won't they...? 

Also timing it right to announce it.

If they do it after a glorious victory (at home of course!!!) then there might be an initial surge to buy them.

2 minutes ago, Only Blue said:

I sort of understand what you mean regarding pay on the dayers. On a single match they have paid more for their admission but they would have to go to 10 or 11 plus games to have spent the same money comparing to the season ticket amount. A pay on the day who goes to 3 games hasn't contributed more.

Although when you add 23 games times two pints and a pie each time then my contribution will be more.

The club has got to get the price right, it's going to be tricky to hit the right balance.

Personally I'm going to go to 20+ home games regardless so my pay on the day money is certainly worth more to the club.

I agree about the balance, it a tough one and I suspect they'll wait hoping for the buzz to grow before they announce. Couple of decent home performances would help but a couple of tough ones coming up.

6 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Personally I'm going to go to 20+ home games regardless so my pay on the day money is certainly worth more to the club.

I agree about the balance, it a tough one and I suspect they'll wait hoping for the buzz to grow before they announce. Couple of decent home performances would help but a couple of tough ones coming up.

Yes I know someone who has done the same. He couldn't get the cash to buy a season ticket as he deals with his money on a weekly basis.

He is fine with paying the extra , as you say, he feels he is contributing to the club. Although if the club sort the finance out it will be a great help to many.

19 minutes ago, Only Blue said:

Definitely.

I understand the club needing to generate more revenue, but as we all know home performances have been patchy to say the least.  If people are on the fence and you’ve got higher prices with what has been on offer this season then it may put some people off a season ticket. 

17 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

That is genuinely quite funny, I’ll give you that one 🤣

17 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

That is genuinely quite funny, I’ll give you that one 🤣

Yes I over dunked my biscuit laughing at that :)

On 3/7/2024 at 2:32 PM, oafc1955 said:

Typical - first season I can get a concessionary ticket and it will end up near enough what I paid this season! Never mind Frank deserves some loyalty.

1 hour ago, mick26 said:

Typical - first season I can get a concessionary ticket and it will end up near enough what I paid this season! Never mind Frank deserves some loyalty.

And me, but thats the way it rolls.