Home attendances

7 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Think some people watch too much premier league football. You’ve all forgotten what decent performances are at this level 🙄. There are a plethora of empty seats at city if you all wanna see total football. 

Also plenty of buses to take you there 😀

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Think some people watch too much premier league football. You’ve all forgotten what decent performances are at this level 🙄. There are a plethora of empty seats at city if you all wanna see total football. 

I'm not a City fan - why would I go there...?

37 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Seems to be the stock response to anybody not keen on seeing the ball punted aimlessly upfield for much of the game.

Seems to be the lazy generalised response when that doesn’t happen all the time. 

We’ve been absolutely woeful on about 6 occasions. (All at home) 

We’ve played well (certainly in spells) in at least double that. 

• Like 1

Guilty of not attending Sat'day. It's  been dire to watch at home so I decided to do something else. By most accounts, we were a little better although my nephew tells me it still wasn't entertaining. He says quite a few Athleticos are dropping off because they have very little to sing or shout about. Some people don't seem to care a jot about being entertained and some do. Such is life. FWIW my nephew also commented that there was no way over 6,000 in the ground. Why does it matter, as some have asked, it matters because its a gauge of customer satisfaction. At this level particualry gate receipts are important; doesn't our parachute sort of money cease this season too?

2 minutes ago, spanishfly said:

Guilty of not attending Sat'day. It's  been dire to watch at home so I decided to do something else. By most accounts, we were a little better although my nephew tells me it still wasn't entertaining. He says quite a few Athleticos are dropping off because they have very little to sing or shout about. Some people don't seem to care a jot about being entertained and some do. Such is life. FWIW my nephew also commented that there was no way over 6,000 in the ground. Why does it matter, as some have asked, it matters because its a gauge of customer satisfaction. At this level particualry gate receipts are important; doesn't our parachute sort of money cease this season too?

Yeah I sit in the Athleticos section but towards the back behind them all. Remember saying to my dad there seemed far less Athleticos than usual and the ground felt emptier than it has been all season (especially for a saturday). 

It’s been building for a while (the frustration of home games) but does feel that the Kidderminster game was the final straw for quite a few to leave it for a bit/not attend. 

• Like 1

Athleticos were unusually subdued on Saturday but it's to be expected, we're generally shit to watch at home, I'm going myself more out of habit (and having a ST)  than for the enjoyment,

It's not hard to see why any POTD supporters or floating fans are giving it a swerve, it's also been pretty dire on the weather front the past couple of months but probably not that bad that those fans would attend if our away record and performances could somehow be replicated at home.

I know plenty on here don't mind how we pick up points or perform in doing so for that matter but there will be fallout from being so poor at home which is what the majority witness.

• Like 1

I still think its results rather than performances. Our 2nd goal against Eastleigh was a 17 pass move, but if we'd lost that game I don't think there'd have been many ok with the result because we played some good football.

I don't think Mellon has to change style at home, I think he just needs to crack how to get better results. We'll need them next year anyway if we don't go up as we won't be able to compete for the title without a good home record.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Wardie said:

Season tickets have to be shown at the turnstiles, so the attendance should be bodies through the gates and bums on seats.

We have had these discussions before and I thought it was established season tickets holders are counted whether they turn up or not.

23 hours ago, Wardie said:

I assume attendance figures also include corporate boxes, invited guests etc.

And the away team players and management are included as well judging by the likes of Borehamwood...

12 hours ago, League one forever said:

Things that don’t count. 

Away wins. 

Playing poorly and winning. 

Draws. 

Form. (Only the last game counts) 

League position. 

Am I missing anything? 

Maybe good owners looking for long-term stability?!

And slightly off topic, assuming we make the playoffs would we want a home or away tie, assuming we finish 4th-7th??

Although our away form is better I think I'd still prefer a big crowd at BP behind us, rather than a tin pot allocation at the likes of Solihull or Aldershot... 

53 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

Be interesting to see what tonight's attendance is. 5.5/5.6k??

It will be 4550 if nobody turns up due to ST’s. 

Although we are in the playoffs and playing 2nd in the table it’s a Tuesday night fixture and the football hasn’t been great.

I think 5300-5500 would be decent.

25 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

It will be 4550 if nobody turns up due to ST’s. 

Although we are in the playoffs and playing 2nd in the table it’s a Tuesday night fixture and the football hasn’t been great.

I think 5300-5500 would be decent.

You've probably got to take into account that there's likely to be less than 100 away fans as well...

6 hours ago, Londonboy said:

And slightly off topic, assuming we make the playoffs would we want a home or away tie, assuming we finish 4th-7th??

Although our away form is better I think I'd still prefer a big crowd at BP behind us, rather than a tin pot allocation at the likes of Solihull or Aldershot... 

We won at Solihull.

5 hours ago, Londonboy said:

So you think we would rather have an away tie??

Performances indicate that, the players seem scared of playing  at home, hence the hoofball.

9 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Performances indicate that, the players seem scared of playing  at home, hence the hoofball.

So you have decided poor performances occur because the players are scared at home.  

I think you will find it is more complicated then that! 

BTW BP, if you do believe what you say, you could start by giving them some love rather then criticism.

2 hours ago, Pidge said:

So you have decided poor performances occur because the players are scared at home.  

I think you will find it is more complicated then that! 

BTW BP, if you do believe what you say, you could start by giving them some love rather then criticism.

I won't give any love to repeated

turgid home perfornces.

Would you continue loving  a restaurant who served up sub standard meals at £20 or even if they offered you a watered down discount?

We have the ingredients (wingers) who can change the menu to be much more appetising, but the chef prefers bland hard to swallow  products.