Home attendances

28 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

I won't give any love to repeated

turgid home perfornces.

Would you continue loving  a restaurant who served up sub standard meals at £20 or even if they offered you a watered down discount?

We have the ingredients (wingers) who can change the menu to be much more appetising, but the chef prefers bland hard to swallow  products.

We have Walker and no other recognised fit winger BP. How can we change to playing with wingers ? Especially with Green out. 

On a semi-related note, I cannot understand why week in week out our fans applaud these pathetic away followings. Teams literally bringing numbers you could fit on a coach - most of which are probably family and friends of the 11 on the pitch.

Last night Bromley brought what 35 fans. They're second in the fucking league. They had 3,000 in at home at the weekend. It's laughable.

When we were in just L2 the paltry followings would be derided. What's changed to make these 'followings' worthy of acclaim?

29 minutes ago, jsslatic said:

On a semi-related note, I cannot understand why week in week out our fans applaud these pathetic away followings. Teams literally bringing numbers you could fit on a coach - most of which are probably family and friends of the 11 on the pitch.

Last night Bromley brought what 35 fans. They're second in the fucking league. They had 3,000 in at home at the weekend. It's laughable.

When we were in just L2 the paltry followings would be derided. What's changed to make these 'followings' worthy of acclaim?

Appreciation of the ones who did make the trip????

Although to be fair, yeah .ost are probably relatives of the players 🙂

25 minutes ago, jsslatic said:

The ones that turned up aren't pathetic, so they do deserve praise, although I was surprised by how few there were.

Having said that when you have been an established league club then you tend to have supporters all over the country.

So when we get 250plus down south then not all of them have travelled from Oldham, they are bolstered by OASIS. I think this is something small non-league clubs don't tend to have.

2 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

We have Walker and no other recognised fit winger BP. How can we change to playing with wingers ? Especially with Green out. 

🤔Who is this Walker you mention?😆 I’m sure Dallas could be deployed wide too.

2 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

So you've never heard of the exceptional youth right winger Alfie Atherton, he's strong, quick, terrific work rate, can pass and cross a ball, clever and can score goals.  As ready to start a game as I've  ever seen as he has the self confidence of knowing he's good.

The only reason he's not selected is MM won't play 442.

Just now, oafc1955 said:

Walker is a future Championship player, but MM won't play 442 so he's not considered.

13 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

5 sub appearances from Dallas, 0 times I’ve seen anything from him. 

I was excited by his signing, but it’s not working for us so far. 

14 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

So you've never heard of the exceptional youth right winger Alfie Atherton, he's strong, quick, terrific work rate, can pass and cross a ball, clever and can score goals.  As ready to start a game as I've  ever seen as he has the self confidence of knowing he's good.

MM will play 442, he did it against Boreham Wood and we were crap. 

He can’t play 442, we don’t have two central midfield players capable to play. We also drop one of our better players who is a centre back. We are trusting two wide players in Walker and Atherton with about 2 sub appearances between them to be our outlets and make up for the above shortfalls.

It’s perfectly logical why MM won’t do it, you know, considering we are 5th in the league with a dysfunctional squad. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

TBF…he’s hardly had a decent run in the side apart from a few minutes here and there.

A bit like under Unsworth when we already had Willoughby and then signed Norwood, we already had Dallas and then went and signed Garner.

I find a few of Mellon’s signings strange to say the least.

1 hour ago, Only Blue said:

The ones that turned up aren't pathetic, so they do deserve praise, although I was surprised by how few there were.

Having said that when you have been an established league club then you tend to have supporters all over the country.

So when we get 250plus down south then not all of them have travelled from Oldham, they are bolstered by OASIS. I think this is something small non-league clubs don't tend to have.

No criticism of those who came but for the away fans as individuals, attending a game of football isn't an achievement. For the away club as a collective, the away followings are pitiful.

We never used to congratulate small numbers of away fans for going to watch a game when we were in the league. What's changed?

I just find it very, very bizarre.

6 minutes ago, jsslatic said:

No criticism of those who came but for the away fans as individuals, attending a game of football isn't an achievement. For the away club as a collective, the away followings are pitiful.

We never used to congratulate small numbers of away fans for going to watch a game when we were in the league. What's changed?

I haven't noticed that we are congratulating them. I am surprised though how few travel at some clubs.

I thought at these non-league clubs there would be more stalwart type supporters who went home and away, and would especially travel to a new ex-league club to visit. I know our numbers increase when we play a new club.

It has opened up a new game of trying to guess/count how many supporters they bring. They always announce more so some must stay in the bar :)

50 minutes ago, jsslatic said:

It's just how it is.  Most of these clubs built up their hardcore support when they were playing regional football and they could be back home in an hour or so.  They're not suddenly going to find hundreds of people who fancy a 450 mile round trip on a Tuesday night.

Quite a few of Bromleys home fans will have them as their second club, Palace fans for instance looking for a football fix.

I only counted 32 of them last night so not sure where the official figure of 38 came from, saying that the attendance figure last night was again inflated, it was half empty in and around us and it's normally busy.

18 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

It's just how it is.  Most of these clubs built up their hardcore support when they were playing regional football and they could be back home in an hour or so.  They're not suddenly going to find hundreds of people who fancy a 450 mile round trip on a Tuesday night.

Yes that's true. I never thought about what leagues they were in previous seasons.

We have always been national and are spoilt in the fact we have a sizeable hardcore of supporters who will travel anywhere and actually seem to relish the further away ones.

22 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

I do get that, what I don't get is the warm round of applause they get certainly from the pockets of people around where I am in the North Stand (though perhaps not where Only Blue sits).

4 minutes ago, jsslatic said:

I do get that, what I don't get is the warm round of applause they get certainly from the pockets of people around where I am in the North Stand (though perhaps not where Only Blue sits).

They may do , I haven't really noticed as I have either fallen asleep or nipped to the loo!!!

I will pay more attention next match :)

Although whether you get it or not, it is a nice thing to do, go on jsslatic let it warm your heart. Haha

8 hours ago, BP1960 said:

I won't give any love to repeated

turgid home perfornces.

Would you continue loving  a restaurant who served up sub standard meals at £20 or even if they offered you a watered down discount?

We have the ingredients (wingers) who can change the menu to be much more appetising, but the chef prefers bland hard to swallow  products.

Depends if I had identified that the reason the food dished up was poor was simple because the chef was scared of what I may say about his food.  Giving him some love may get some worldy football, sorry food (I forgot what we were talking about! 😶)

Sat with the Athleticos last night brought about 8 lads down there as well. I’ve been critical of the atmosphere but they have a right battle to get fans going. 

atmosphere started off well, fans got bored and ended up fighting each other. Was like a royal rumble at one point. Plenty like to stand with them but just prat about.

cameron even had to stop drumming to sort them all out. 

5 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

l thought he did well last night

39 minutes ago, BradKnowles1 said:

Sat with the Athleticos last night brought about 8 lads down there as well. I’ve been critical of the atmosphere but they have a right battle to get fans going. 

atmosphere started off well, fans got bored and ended up fighting each other. Was like a royal rumble at one point. Plenty like to stand with them but just prat about.

What caused the fighting amongst them ? 

40 minutes ago, BradKnowles1 said:

Hang on. Is it a football match or a behavioural unit...?

6 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Fuck me you must bore yourself to tears. Change the record ffs. You’ve only seen Walker for half hour. MM sees him in training. He’s obvs not upto it. And the other is a child. Not the answer either. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pidge said:

Depends if I had identified that the reason the food dished up was poor was simple because the chef was scared of what I may say about his food.  Giving him some love may get some worldy football, sorry food (I forgot what we were talking about! 😶)

Speaking of food the C/O pies in the JR Stand are bloody awful. A lukewarm, dry and tasteless offering @ £4 a pop!!

19 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

He’s obvs not upto it

Was he a recommendation or was he scouted?…..the reason he was brought back from Morecambe was a lack of game time. 
I guess it won’t be long before he returns to Blackburn.