Home attendances

20 minutes ago, daniel said:

Didn’t know where to put this as didn’t think it warranted a new thread but DR has confirmed we still won’t be able to offer Financing options for Season tickets next season due to previous ownership and poor credit score. A shame, as think we would have shifted a few via this option. 

Yep…we’re still suffering fallout from those absolute useless bastards!! 

45 minutes ago, daniel said:

Didn’t know where to put this as didn’t think it warranted a new thread but DR has confirmed we still won’t be able to offer Financing options for Season tickets next season due to previous ownership and poor credit score. A shame, as think we would have shifted a few via this option. 

Well, it's very closely linked to what I've done for a living for 32 years and I did offer to sort it out at mates' rates 

23 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Yep…we’re still suffering fallout from those absolute useless bastards!! 

So what they could do is offer half or quarterly season tickets with some kind of auto renewal option (which hopefully the vast majority will let renew)

That could be a way of spreading the cost for fans and although the club will have to manage the cash flow they would save on the credit facility costs

Or, introduce a SAAS / SVOD model whereby you pay X (£40?) per month and that gets you free entry into all home games and other benefits which could be added to spice it up

I might sign up to something like that even though I live 200 miles away just to support the club and feel “part of it” they could bundle in “Ifollow” etc

I think it would be revolutionary in football and not need credit facilities as it is a subscription rather than acting as a credit broker 

20 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

So what they could do is offer half or quarterly season tickets with some kind of auto renewal option (which hopefully the vast majority will let renew)

That could be a way of spreading the cost for fans and although the club will have to manage the cash flow they would save on the credit facility costs

15 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

Or, introduce a SAAS / SVOD model whereby you pay X (£40?) per month and that gets you free entry into all home games and other benefits which could be added to spice it up

I might sign up to something like that even though I live 200 miles away just to support the club and feel “part of it” they could bundle in “Ifollow” etc

I think it would be revolutionary in football and not need credit facilities as it is a subscription rather than acting as a credit broker 

excellent ideas. the club reads this board so they'll see that and if its anywhere near feasable or allowed then it will be looked at

8 hours ago, Ritchierich said:

I think there is something in this. Since Frank has got involved especially i feel that some people would like to meaningfully support the club from "afar".

I'm not as far as 200 miles, but far enough, and I've thought a few times about buying kids season tickets for my lads even though they won't come. Just to bolster income/published attendances. Be better if there was.a product to satisfy this.

Edited by trickyrickyholden
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, daniel said:

That's a shame and it will make a difference to some, strange one though given we've been free of the crooks for a couple of years now. Have other clubs experienced similar problems?

4 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Did the club get back to you Dave? 

After a chase because the first person I'd contacted had left DR did to say thanks and they'd shout if needed. Doesn't matter to me, maybe they thought they'd got an alternative solution

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

That's a shame and it will make a difference to some, strange one though given we've been free of the crooks for a couple of years now. Have other clubs experienced similar problems?

I'd be 100% certain that we are the only club to actually lose the required FCA permissions. They were lost because of a failure to file routine returns compounded by a subsequent failure to even respond to the regulator resulting in the club being declared not fit and proper.

Edited by Dave_Og

Just now, Dave_Og said:

resulting in the club being declared not fit and proper.

which, tbf, we really, really were. or weren't, l don't know how to construct sentences bc l dropped out of sch.. oh fuckinell here he goes again

12 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Well, it's very closely linked to what I've done for a living for 32 years and I did offer to sort it out at mates' rates 

Could you still sort it now?

2 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Probably, but zero chance of it being sorted in time for next season's season tickets.

Wait for confirmation when season tickets are announced and then follow up again, if you like. 

The club are clearly struggling to get this resolved and should accept the help. 

14 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

I'd be 100% certain that we are the only club to actually lose the required FCA permissions. They were lost because of a failure to file routine returns compounded by a subsequent failure to even respond to the regulator resulting in the club being declared not fit and proper.

Shock we failed to file the routine returns given who was supposedly running the club at the time. I'm not talking the Ringley brothers either.

On 3/22/2024 at 8:45 AM, Dave_Og said:

Yes, sounds like woeful negligence/stupidity on the part of the Lemsagam regime - what a surprise. That said, we are clearly not the usual financial services outfit. I shudder at the memory of how bureaucratic the FCA could be, but you would think that a letter from the board to them pointing out the change of regime, with examples of how much better the current set up and ownership are, followed by polite persistence, might eventually get those permissions back.

On 3/22/2024 at 11:25 AM, Dave_Og said:

Probably, but zero chance of it being sorted in time for next season's season tickets.

The rugby are offering finance for season tickets - get them to sell ours 😂.

*Sorry 6 monthly installments rather than finance - that'd do for us though!

Edited by mick26
  • Like 1