MATCH: Aldershot Town (A) 09/03/24

I'd love to say that we'll win this and win on Tuesday and we'll cement our playoff place, but I absolutely don't trust this squad to put in back-to-back good performances so one narrow win and one turgid draw is probably the best we can realistically expect.

Still it's nice for the first time since maybe 2019 (and before that 2007) that we're playing playoff 6-pointers rather than relegation ones, so I suppose that's progress.

Fair play to Aldershot because when we smashed them 5-1 at the start of the season it looked like they would be nowhere near the top, so credit to them still being in the mix.

Massive match to win on Saturday. With Gateshead, Solihull, Bromley and Barnet all not playing, a good opportunity to get into fourth place and put a bit of daylight between us and Halifax / Alty depending on their results.

A draw, whilst not the end of the world makes our run look a bit weak, with three draws and a win from four.

A defeat just heaps a lot of pressure to snare a win on a boggy / heavy pitch at Halifax on Tuesday.

At the end of the day, to be successful in the play-offs, we'll need character and resilience. This and Halifax will go a long way to telling us we've got plenty of it or not enough.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Massive match to win on Saturday. With Gateshead, Solihull, Bromley and Barnet all not playing, a good opportunity to get into fourth place and put a bit of daylight between us and Halifax / Alty depending on their results.

A draw, whilst not the end of the world makes our run look a bit weak, with three draws and a win from four.

A defeat just heaps a lot of pressure to snare a win on a boggy / heavy pitch at Halifax on Tuesday.

At the end of the day, to be successful in the play-offs, we'll need character and resilience. This and Halifax will go a long way to telling us we've got plenty of it or not enough.

I know one thing mate, I’m much happier playing top ten sides than I am playing bottom 5 sides. I think the ‘we should hammer these’ isn’t as prevalent and we tend to look much more up for it. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

I'd say that if we've shown one strong character trait this season it's the ability to go and win away from home so I'm backing us to take atleast 4 points from these next 2 fixtures.

Aldershot 4th at home in the form table but recently been spanked by fylde 5-0. 

They were hopeless at our place and thought they would go down.

good players in Tolaj and Stokes. 

Id probably start Fondop as he enjoys playing down south.

The next two games are massive. If we win both we are firmly in the driving seat for the play offs. Fail to win both I fear dropping out. 

4 minutes ago, BradKnowles1 said:

The next two games are massive. If we win both we are firmly in the driving seat for the play offs. Fail to win both I fear dropping out. 

A win tomorrow is a statement that we are in the play offs and we ain't going anywhere, I agree it's a Fondop type of game. Straight at em from the off. 

28 minutes ago, BradKnowles1 said:

Draws wouldn’t be terrible results 

1 hour ago, BradKnowles1 said:

I’d rather be winning one losing one. Draws don’t get you very far. 

But in that scenario, one of the other teams gets three points also. 

Brave move starting Dallas for Fondop away, let's hope given the opportunity that Dallas shows us what he's about. Looking at the line up it looks like he wants to keep it tight in the hope that we can nick it, I'll go 0-0 again today or at least a draw, neither team will want to lose.