MATCH: Dagenham and Redbridge (A) 23/03/24

• Bender featured this topic

I wonder if we will see the same starting eleven as at home against Chesterfield?

I somehow doubt it… probably see Gardner dropped to the bench and Sachdev back 🤔

Heres hoping that the performance level from last Saturday is maintained 🤞

Edited by TheBigDog

I'm just excited about going to watch us in a game that has something on it in terms of promotion. Would love to see us win five out of the remaining seven and stroll into the play offs, starting with this one.

Hobson v. Effiong is an individual battle to relish.

28 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

I wonder if we will see the same starting eleven as at home against Chesterfield?

I somehow doubt it… probably see Garner dropped to the bench and Sachdev back 🤔

Heres hoping that the performance level from last Saturday is maintained 🤞

Garner didn't start??

20 minutes ago, Hemel latic said:

I'm just excited about going to watch us in a game that has something on it in terms of promotion. Would love to see us win five out of the remaining seven and stroll into the play offs, starting with this one.

Hobson v. Effiong is an individual battle to relish.

Hobson wasn't even in the squad on saturday??

Check out that league table…only 7 points separate Dagenham in 12th from Dorking in 23rd!! The only dead rubber we play is against Oxford City.

We’ve got 5 games that at the moment are crucial for one reason or another and the other is a local ‘Derby’ against Rochdale!!!

We wouldn’t be in this situation but for an horrendous run of results!

I’m convinced we absolutely have to win on Saturday.

5 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

Hobson wasn't even in the squad on saturday??

That's blown my mind, I didn't even notice (nb I wasn't there, just following online). Must do less work, concentrate more on the promotion push!

• Like 1

Massive game, should be same eleven but Mellon might be tempted to bring Hobson back in given the frailties we showed on Saturday.

Nothing but a win for me.

One defeat in five is no use to nobody if we've drawn four of them. I'll keep saying it but this home form nobody really cared about is likely to bite us right on the arse in a week or two. Need to win next two just to put ourselves back in the mix.

I’m not one to readily get my knickers in a twist like a few on here, but this feels like the first must win of the season to me. Wish I could make the game as it’s proper exciting times. I’ll have to make do with watching a stream tho. Come on boys !! If we are on it from the first whistle and play a bit, we are more than capable of winning it comfortably 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

I’m not one to readily get my knickers in a twist like a few on here, but this feels like the first must win of the season to me. Wish I could make the game as it’s proper exciting times. I’ll have to make do with watching a stream tho. Come on boys !! If we are on it from the first whistle and play a bit, we are more than capable of winning it comfortably 

I think we are at a point now where dropping points will hurt us more. A defeat on Saturday won't kill off our chances of promotion but it will really damage them. I guarantee that all the clubs around us will drop points between now and the end of the season but we don't want to be relying on them to drop points and us to win games We've got to make sure we take care of our own games now and get the amount of points required.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

We've got to make sure we take care of our own games now and get the amount of points required.

How many points do you think will be enough?

3 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

I’m convinced we absolutely have to win on Saturday.

you say that in august!!

2 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Massive game

Nothing but a win for me.

yep

1 hour ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

this feels like the first must win of the season to me.

yes it actually is here now, must win.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

How many points do you think will be enough?

Me personally? 75 points will get us over the line definitely 5 wins 1 draw allowing for 1 defeat might even get us 5th if we are lucky. It might be less than that 4 wins gets us to 71 points that was enough for Bromley last season who finished 7th that would be touch and go depending on other teams.

74 was enough for Chesterfield in 2021/22 but that was on a 44 game season  

Prior to that you have to go back to 18/19 for a 46 game season where Eastleigh secured 7th on 74 points.

So I'd be aiming at 75 points to be sure of getting in the play offs. Which probably means that each game from now on must be treated as must win.

Edited by GlossopLatic

Looking at the last 5 46 game seasons, the team finishing 7th had the following points:

16/17 75

17/18 73

18/19 74

20/21 69

22/23 71

I'll stick my neck out and say we'll get the following results:

Dagenham - draw

Fylde - win

Altrincham - draw

Rochdale - draw

Halifax - draw

Oxford - win

Wealdstone - win

That would give us 72 points, so let's hope @Monty Burns is right! It's going to be incredibly tight. We don't lose many, which is a plus, but we have been drawing too many also. The Rochdale game looks pretty crucial actually, and like any local derby is impossible to predict. If we lose that, it's probably curtains, even though it would only knock us down to 71 points. Of course none of the above takes any account of what other teams do! 🤷‍♂️

Winning five out of seven is a big ask considering our recent form. It is going to be a nail biting end of season with every game being so important.

If we play like we did against Chesterfield for the rest of the season then we should be well in the mix. But can we? Hopefully yes.  

On it like a mofo bonnet.

Classing it in isolation as a 'must win' is still, for me, harsh. We just 'must win' four from the final seven matches which ought to be enough. You'd need all of Gateshead, Halifax and Alty to all win at least four matches to push us out. Two of them may well do but it's just as much of a push as it is to see us to it. It's entirely in the balance and I'm fairly happy with our run of matches.

However, by not winning on Saturday, means more pressure is stacked on our final matches. Let's just say it's a very timely one for us to win.

33 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

Looking at the last 5 46 game seasons, the team finishing 7th had the following points:

16/17 75

17/18 73

18/19 74

20/21 69

22/23 71

Dagenham - draw

Fylde - win

Altrincham - draw

Rochdale - draw

Halifax - draw

Oxford - win

Wealdstone - win

That would give us 72 points, so let's hope @Monty Burns is right! It's going to be incredibly tight. We don't lose many, which is a plus, but we have been drawing too many also. The Rochdale game looks pretty crucial actually, and like any local derby is impossible to predict. If we lose that, it's probably curtains, even though it would only knock us down to 71 points. Of course none of the above takes any account of what other teams do! 🤷‍♂️

everybody seems to be playing each other so its gona keep the total down..

Just now, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

On it like a mofo bonnet.

Classing it in isolation as a 'must win' is still, for me, harsh. We just 'must win' four from the final seven matches which ought to be enough. You'd need all of Gateshead, Halifax and Alty to all win at least four matches to push us out. Two of them may well do but it's just as much of a push as it is to see us to it. It's entirely in the balance and I'm fairly happy with our run of matches.

However, by not winning on Saturday, means more pressure is stacked on our final matches. Let's just say it's a very timely one for us to win.

its not 'must win' maths wise but its must win if they wana keep the boo*censored* quiet. be difficult to play in front of our fans to such a level that we will derail ourselves bc thats what we like to do. bloody ell Eardley gerrit bloody forward fuck off Norwood Taylor youre shit you Ginger twat booooo Sheron fuckin errr BOOOOOOO etc

30 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

16/17 75

17/18 73

18/19 74

20/21 69

22/23 71

Dagenham - draw

Fylde - win

Altrincham - draw

Rochdale - draw

Halifax - draw

Oxford - win

Wealdstone - win

Looking at the run in, its probably one of the easiest out of the playoff pack: we have a better PPG over the season (home vs away PPG) than all the teams we play apart from Alty. However, we look to have stalled with our form. An unbeaten run to the end I think is unlikely as a 7 game unbeaten run has only happened once and Tommo n Redfearn were in charge for 4 of those. We could really do with not dropping points against teams around us. Most crucial games are Alty and Fax, even though I dont predict us to do well in those, we win those and its ours to lose.

Id go with:

Dagenham - Not won 2 on the bounce since first half of the season and just plodding along, W.

Fylde - Not in great form and we really owe them one from the reverse fixture, W.

Altrincham - Just coming out of a horrific run, and we have done it once at their place already. D.

Rochdale - Being a derby, anything is possible but I back Latics. Seem to be coming into a bit of form but yet to be seen if a late playoff push is on. W.

Halifax - Look like the form team going into the playoffs, toughest fixture of the lot. L.

Oxford - Already down, nothing to play for. W.

Wealdstone - Absolutely jam packed fixtures, will be knackered. W.

That would see us on 75 and comfortably in the playoffs.

• Like 1