MATCH: Dagenham and Redbridge (A) 23/03/24

4 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

It's largely craft beer places selling weirdly flavoured rubbish that tastes vaguely interesting for the first sip, and then you come to your senses and go somewhere that sells beer flavoured beer

It's a funny thing about craft beer - there are some I genuinely like and will drink for far longer than is probably good for me, like Neck Oil or Brewdog IPA. But I do find generally that one can taste pretty much like another, I've always thought I'd have no chance of telling them apart in a blind tasting. It's probably an age thing and I'm becoming a dinosaur, but for me there is a lot more variety in real ales - good and not so good! I do think it's great that so many microbreweries have popped up all over the world in the last decade or two, there's far more choice now than in my misspent youth.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

its about 448 l counted them!!

l say about bc l was also adding gravy and carrots to a cottage pie (they dont like peas reckon they can taste em) 🙄

The three blocks hold 450 in total - if we reach that figure it will be loud 👍

370 currently sold…

4 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

The three blocks hold 450 in total - if we reach that figure it will be loud 👍

370 currently sold…

thats not bad really l suppose. lno some of the players genuine buzz off it when they run out and have a look over

4 hours ago, disjointed said:

Fucking hell Ben, that goes against all medical advice. 

Well I only had a taste, it was glorious and goes for a few hundred dollars a 75cl bottle. But that brewery tour was still the best $2 (which was only about a quid back then) I've spent.

Starters from 1 - 11 v Chesterfield on Saturday…..MM use his most experienced / eldest squad members and to be fair, they were right on it from the get go. 
Pointing Lundstram in the right direction also helped massively.  

‘Kids’ who were 100% fit like Walker, Sachdev, Hobson and Hammond, either made the bench or sat this one out. 

Coincidence or not, MM got a gig out of    them and for now, maybe that’s the way to go. 

6 minutes ago, hollandspies said:

Starters from 1 - 11 v Chesterfield on Saturday…..MM use his most experienced / eldest squad members and to be fair, they were right on it from the get go. 
Pointing Lundstram in the right direction also helped massively.  

‘Kids’ who were 100% fit like Walker, Sachdev, Hobson and Hammond, either made the bench or sat this one out. 

Coincidence or not, MM got a gig out of    them and for now, maybe that’s the way to go. 

that teamsheet caused a few of ours to randomly start giving birth to kittens at 2pmish. some even 'stayed int pub not watchin that bloody rubbish with Ma Gay(sic), Lundshit(sic) sheron gardner and lazy bastard norwood(sic) playing. 

weapons.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

that teamsheet caused a few of ours to randomly start giving birth to kittens at 2pmish. some even 'stayed int pub not watchin that bloody rubbish with Ma Gay(sic), Lundshit(sic) sheron gardner and lazy bastard norwood(sic) playing. 

weapons.

Let's see how presumably the same group perform tomorrow before we start putting that performance at home to Chesterfield on a par with when we beat West Ham 6-0, as was proved on Wednesday Chesterfield are sputtering their way over the line and yet they still could of beaten us on Saturday and probably would had they played Dobra, Mandeville and Colclough from the start, they played so narrow for the first hour it almost gave McGahey and Gardner a free reign out wide.

Still I expect us to beat Dagenham regardless of the eleven he puts out.

10 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Let's see how presumably the same group perform tomorrow before we start putting that performance at home to Chesterfield on a par with when we beat West Ham 6-0, as was proved on Wednesday Chesterfield are sputtering their way over the line and yet they still could of beaten us on Saturday and probably would had they played Dobra, Mandeville and Colclough from the start, they played so narrow for the first hour it almost gave McGahey and Gardner a free reign out wide.

Still I expect us to beat Dagenham regardless of the eleven he puts out.

l personally wouldnt start the same XI dont really fancy McGahey at RB tho Lundstrum did a great job helping out defensively. lve given up predicting, criticising or bumming the teamsheet bc this lot can turn out stinkers at any moment.

Conlon was great but the GERRITFORWARD lot int pub didnt believe us and called him colon. which was depressingly predictable and took far longer than l expected.

l also expect us to win. 3-1 lm feeling.

2 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Attacking line up. Come on Oldham!

Have to try and win every game. Zero point in being cautious at this stage. Perhaps if we’d been more brave with our formations sooner we wouldn’t be in this mess. 

More of the same performance against Chesterfield required today but will the pitch not lend itself to that?. For me a must win game, as are all the remaining fixture to secure a play off birth.