MATCH: Halifax Town (A) 10/04/24

7 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

MELLON OUT!!!

Now then…..I’ve said it!!

All the players we’ve signed whether it be Unsworth, Mellon or whoever , are all players from a higher level or players who have performed exceptionally well for their previous clubs in this division.

That was fucking awful again and I don’t buy this, they’re not his players!

I can understand a problem with one or two but FFS he should be able to get a performance out of this lot. We are stuck with about 16 of these players next season so why will it be any different!

I was fucking livid watching that…..no more excuses, he looks as half arsed as the players.

Him being here next season should definitely not be a given….the board need to decided whether or not he’s the man to take us forward.

I honestly don’t think he is.

Not bothering going to the Halifax game now wherever it is and will be seeking a refund!

Absolutely disgusted with my football club!

You need some exclaimation marks bud. I can't take it seriously.

5 hours ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

You need some exclaimation marks bud. I can't take it seriously.

Yeah you’re right😂

Really pissed off last night with another half arsed performance but my views haven’t changed much after I’ve slept on it.

I just fail to see how so many players, who’ve performed exceptionally well previously at their respective clubs have come here and suddenly turned to shit!

If he can’t shift enough players out in the summer he’s basically written next season off with his ‘need for change’ comments.

This has come at the worst possible time just as ST renewals are due……I admire his honesty but I can’t imagine the board being too impressed at the timing.….I’ll be getting mine but I can understand why many won’t bother now!
Maybe a decision on Mellon will be made at the end of the ‘early bird’ period in early May?

He has to take some responsibility for the mess we are in and the board have a massive decision to make.
 If they believe he is the man for a ‘rebuild’ and we’re sticking with him then IMO he needs at least the whole of next season to deliver otherwise what is the point?

We can’t afford a repeat of last season…..It would be crazy giving him the budget to blow if by Christmas we then sack him because we’re only mid table….

It wouldn’t surprise me if he walked at the end of the season and TBH I wouldn’t lose any sleep over it either.

4 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

Yeah you’re right😂

Really pissed off last night with another half arsed performance but my views haven’t changed much after I’ve slept on it.

I just fail to see how so many players, who’ve performed exceptionally well previously at their respective clubs have come here and suddenly turned to shit!

Isn't building a team about getting a blend right? Not having too many rhomboids in star shapes, as @lookersstandandy likes to say. We've elements of it right. I'd say the defence is fairly sound in the centre for this division. The forward line has plenty of talent running through it in it that are starved of service. Much of which boils down to the midfield being woefully underequipped to control matches and deliver ammunition. It's fairly evident to me where immediate improvements can be made ove rthe summer.

49 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Isn't building a team about getting a blend right? Not having too many rhomboids in star shapes, as @lookersstandandy likes to say. We've elements of it right. I'd say the defence is fairly sound in the centre for this division. The forward line has plenty of talent running through it in it that are starved of service. Much of which boils down to the midfield being woefully underequipped to control matches and deliver ammunition. It's fairly evident to me where immediate improvements can be made ove rthe summer.

Defence is the weakest aspect for me, it really needs an overhaul and I'd only keep a couple of them.

9 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Defence is the weakest aspect for me, it really needs an overhaul and I'd only keep a couple of them.

That we conceded less than all but two in the top six, including Chesterfield rather tellingly, suggests the problems are more at the other end of the pitch. Every team bar one has outscored us by considerable margins.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

That we conceded less than all but two in the top six, including Chesterfield rather tellingly, suggests the problems are more at the other end of the pitch. Every team bar one has outscored us by considerable margins.

We played between 5 and 7 at the back most weeks, we even travelled to Oxford yesterday and played McGahey on the toes of the defence because they need help and are shite, add to that we have a keeper whose fucking clueless about what's going on around the pitch and that's where I'd start the rebuild. You could make a case for Kitching and either Raglan or Hobson and that would be about it for me.

2 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

We played between 5 and 7 at the back most weeks, we even travelled to Oxford yesterday and played McGahey on the toes of the defence because they need help and are shite, add to that we have a keeper whose fucking clueless about what's going on around the pitch and that's where I'd start the rebuild. You could make a case for Kitching and either Raglan or Hobson and that would be about it for me.

The defence would be helped if we played on the front foot more, we play 6/7 players defensively and invite teams on. 

22 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Weaker than the midfield…are you sure?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Weaker than the midfield…are you sure?

I'd keep Conlon, Lundstrum, Hammond and Sheron rest can go so it's a close call, obviously those four wouldn't start but I'd be happy if they were in a 22 man squad.

I'll judge Conlon when he's in a midfield three with two other footballers, Lundstrum has shown glimpses and Hammond is a project really who should develop.

I honestly think our defence is poor, for a start they've scored about one goal between them all season which is shocking really. Piss poor footballers most of them, seen better pub players.

2 minutes ago, Boroblue said:

At Chesterfield on Thursday 🤷🏽‍♂️

Our club is mental agreeing to this. We could still have a chance of a playoff place.

All the advantage goes to Halifax despite it being their fault. Fuck off.

4 minutes ago, diggleblue said:

Our club is mental agreeing to this. We could still have a chance of a playoff place.

All the advantage goes to Halifax despite it being their fault. Fuck off.

Maybe we didn’t agree to it. If there is no agreement the NL would have to intervene and make a decision as the game needed playing this week at some point.

7 minutes ago, daniel said:

Maybe we didn’t agree to it. If there is no agreement the NL would have to intervene and make a decision as the game needed playing this week at some point.

We need a statement from the club to explain this lunacy immediately. 

Halifax will be dancing with glee.

26 minutes ago, diggleblue said:

Our club is mental agreeing to this. 

All the advantage goes to Halifax 

Why so? We’ve pissed away every single advantage we’ve gained and more over the last few weeks!!

I’d be a damn site more upset if I was a Halifax fan going for a playoff place and having to travel to Accrington twice & now Chesterfield for a fucking home game.

Anyway the only way we were getting 3 points was if the league handed them to us on a plate!

I won’t be bothering going either and will be seeking a refund. It will be interesting to see our fans reaction to our exploits this season at the final home game on Saturday.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, diggleblue said:

We need a statement from the club to explain this lunacy immediately. 

Halifax will be dancing with glee.

Why? Fax have to play Tuesday,  Thursday and Saturday lunchtime.

4 minutes ago, diggleblue said:

Because we've sold a load of tickets for a local match not one midweek in another distant town.

Still don't know  why Halifax, or their fans, would be dancing with glee at having three home games rearranged away cos the local council have failed to maintain the pitch.

6 minutes ago, diggleblue said:

Because we've sold a load of tickets for a local match not one midweek in another distant town.

It could be in  Timbuk fucking tu for all all I care!

1 minute ago, Boyyou said:

Still don't know  why Halifax, or their fans, would be dancing with glee at having three home games rearranged away cos the local council have failed to maintain the pitch.

They would have had to play those games whatever but now when they play us at Chesterfield they won't have 1800 fans backing the opposition.Whose gonna go to Chesterfield midweek? 

3 minutes ago, diggleblue said:

They would have had to play those games whatever but now when they play us at Chesterfield they won't have 1800 fans backing the opposition.Whose gonna go to Chesterfield midweek? 

1800 booing them off the pitch and letting them know they aren’t fit to wear the shirt?

• Like 1