Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

That's the wrong allegory.

Can't remember the message of the story behind it, but yes.  The classical soundtrack was essential listening if you grew up the 80s, though..

Edited by JoeP

2 hours ago, oafcmetty said:

Basically if we stick together as the soviet union we'll defeat the nazis, I think?

Ah.  I thought at the time it was about wolves being fucking dangerous.

Especially if you're a duck.

1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

Not quite the rallying call many have been calling for, more of a guilt trip.

How would you have phrased it, then?

Posted (edited)
On 5/3/2024 at 4:58 PM, daniel said:

I renewed at ticket office this afternoon and asked. He said it had picked up in the last week or so, and he thinks we are at about 2500 or thereabouts. 
Worrying numbers. 4500+ last season, which I presume includes the half season tickets. I vaguely remember it was around 3700 last season under early bird if memory serves me right. 

At this time last year Latics tweeted that 2,500 (and counting) season tickets had been sold.

In August the Oldham Times reported that 3,700 season tickets had been sold, just prior to the opening league fixture.

Edited by LaticMark

13 hours ago, JoeP said:

How would you have phrased it, then?

Putting aside that it is a bit naughty to be extending when people may have had to stretch themselves to beat the 'deadline' it just gave off the wrong vibe for me.

No acknowledgement of the mistakes that have been made, no explanation for why they are sticking with this manager, no semblance of how they plan to fix it.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Putting aside that it is a bit naughty to be extending when people may have had to stretch themselves to beat the 'deadline' it just gave off the wrong vibe for me.

No acknowledgement of the mistakes that have been made, no explanation for why they are sticking with this manager, no semblance of how they plan to fix it.

I can't see many not buying based on that.  I don't think that level of detail is required in relation to this. Maybe it would be nice to hear it at some point... and probably not from Frank, but someone who's making the "Football decisions".

On 5/4/2024 at 12:21 PM, AndyB2 said:

Call me negative but I don’t see a way back for the club.

the Rothwells don’t have the cash to get us out of this league with any level of certainty. Lots of things will need to come together for it to happen and I expect to be here in 4 years time. May be shorter if the stars align, but that’s a long shot.

from there we won’t establish ourselves as anything better than lower half l2 and will probably drop down again. 

I think this is our level now and anything above that will be fleeting appearance when we are punching above our weight briefly. 

in short, top half NL is our baseline. 

Is that you, Barry?

Care to explain Stockport's recovery, then?

• Like 1

On 5/4/2024 at 4:06 PM, Dave_Og said:

Just attention seeking 

I have a lot better things to do than attention seek on an Oldham message board. This is my opinion. I make no apologies for that. Yes it’s a negative perspective but it’s my view and it’s how I read the situation. 

now go and have a wank over that draw against chesterfield. 

if you are not ok with my holding a view, then you have a problem. 

with thanks 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AndyB2 said:

I have a lot better things to do than attention seek on an Oldham message board. This is my opinion. I make no apologies for that. Yes it’s a negative perspective but it’s my view and it’s how I read the situation. 

with thanks 

🤣

12 hours ago, AndyB2 said:

with thanks 

It’s a ridiculous view. 

That’s my view.

• Like 1

On 5/4/2024 at 11:40 PM, LaticMark said:

At this time last year Latics tweeted that 2,500 (and counting) season tickets had been sold.

In August the Oldham Times reported that 3,700 season tickets had been sold, just prior to the opening league fixture.

sooo despite the hystrionics of the hysterical and lololo monster creeping out from under his shit bridge, there appears to be no change.

which is reassuring.

have they even gone up in price, too? 

weve sold more ST's for next season before this season is even over than red fleece could muster in actual crowds for a full month!!

embarrassing, odious creature.

• Like 1

On 5/4/2024 at 11:40 PM, LaticMark said:

Today's figure, 9th May (as per ticket office) about 2800 Sold.

32 minutes ago, Lags said:

Today's figure, 9th May (as per ticket office) about 2800 Sold.

That ain't bad numbers, all things considered...

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/9/2024 at 1:51 PM, JoeP said:

That ain't bad numbers, all things considered...

nope, it is an increase on this time last year. completely blowing up redfleece's new mouthpiece.

funny shit 🤣

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

nope, it is an increase on this time last year. completely blowing up redfleece's new mouthpiece.

funny shit 🤣

It’s not an increase on last year.

1 hour ago, oafcmetty said:

We'd sold 3,000 as of 4th May last year.

2 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

2800 is defo more than 2500

We hit 3500 season ticket sales on the 5th may last year. I found the old article when having a similar discussion on facebook.