11. Dan Ward (2025)
14. Nathan Sheron (2025)

26. Oliver Hammond (2025)

32. Tom Conlon (2026)

7. Kurt Willoughby (2025)

10. Joe Nuttall (2025)

24. Joe Garner (2025)

25. Alex Reid (2025)

30. James Norwood (2025, with option for 1 more year)

31. Kofi Moore (2025?)

Final Year Scholars

• Oli Havens
  • Favour Okeke - offered deal
  • Mworina Doro

1st/2nd Year Scholars
TBA

• Like 2

• Ackey locked this topic
On 4/10/2024 at 4:34 PM, Worcester Owl said:

I played golf this morning and one of my regular playing mates seemed a bit agitated, odd as he's normally a very chilled out kind of guy. Turns out he was at Cheltenham last night as they lost 0-1 to Carlisle (already down) in a crucial relegation match for them. He was apoplectic about Nuttall, who apparently missed a sitter early on. Honestly, I've never heard him swear so much 🤣. Among his more repeatable comments about Nuttall were "can't bloody jump", "fucking useless", "sodding donkey", and he said if we don't take Nuttall back at the end of the season if not before, he might just stick my 7 iron where the sun doesn't shine!! 😧🤣

17 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

As an update, aforementioned golf mate apologised to me yesterday - Nuttall was MOTM in Cheltenham's win over Peterborough and, quote, "terrorised the goalkeeper", "jumped like a salmon" and generally was unplayable!

The following is one comment posted about Nuttall in the Cheltenham Town Robins Nest forum:

"I'd keep him on if we can, but it's been mentioned elsewhere that he's paid more than we can afford at Oldham, so he's probably out of our price range. I think he's looked a real asset last couple of games, with further room to improve you'd expect. If Oldham were willing to get him off their wage bill for nothing and he agrees to a pay cut I'd like to see him stick around, however probably not as our top earner...!"

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, LaticMark said:

The following is one comment posted about Nuttall in the Cheltenham Town Robins Nest forum:

"I'd keep him on if we can, but it's been mentioned elsewhere that he's paid more than we can afford at Oldham, so he's probably out of our price range. I think he's looked a real asset last couple of games, with further room to improve you'd expect. If Oldham were willing to get him off their wage bill for nothing and he agrees to a pay cut I'd like to see him stick around, however probably not as our top earner...!"

Watch him go and score the goal which keeps them in League One. Unbelievable that he could be on more at a NL club than he would be in League One. Only goes to highlight one of the areas were our club has gone wrong.

• Like 1

There were cheers when Nuttall was subbed off the other week....

It appears his performances have picked up a little towards the end of his loan spell ... Playing for a permanent deal? Let's hope so!

• Matt featured this topic
12 hours ago, latics22 said:

Why was this locked and then unlocked 

10 hours ago, Wardie said:

Ackey had a senior moment.

Indeed - we try to prevent duplicate threads because we pay-per-click and that can just cause more costs (we are still barely breaking even each month, even with the Ads that went rogue recently), so the less we have people clicking on the same thing twice the better. However, I wasn't thinking and didn't realise this was the season-long "who we got...?" thread and not a repetition of the other "we are shit and need new players" ones elsewhere. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Ackey said:

Indeed - we try to prevent duplicate threads because we pay-per-click and that can just cause more costs (we are still barely breaking even each month, even with the Ads that went rogue recently), so the less we have people clicking on the same thing twice the better. However, I wasn't thinking and didn't realise this was the season-long "who we got...?" thread and not a repetition of the other "we are shit and need new players" ones elsewhere. 

I don’t know if you do this or how you record the financial side of things. 

Have you consider reporting the deficit each month ? Im sure people would be willing to donate more if they had a clear picture of the cost/shortfall each month. 

Happy to help with this, if needed. 

On 4/25/2024 at 9:27 AM, oafcmetty said:

First Team Squad

1. Magnus Norman (2025)

13. Matt Hudson (2025)

3. Mark Kitching (2025)

4. Liam Hogan (2025)

5. Shaun Hobson (2025)

16. Charlie Raglan (2025)
21. Will Sutton (2025)

6. Mark Shelton (2025)

8. Josh Lundstram (2025)

11. Dan Ward (2025)
14. Nathan Sheron (2025)

26. Oliver Hammond (2025)

32. Tom Conlon (2026)

7. Kurt Willoughby (2025)

10. Joe Nuttall (2025)

24. Joe Garner (2025)

25. Alex Reid (2025)

30. James Norwood (2025, with option for 1 more year)

31. Kofi Moore (2025?)

Final Year Scholars

• Oli Havens
  • Favour Okeke - offered deal
  • Mworina Doro

1st/2nd Year Scholars
TBA

yano what, that isn't even terrible. l reckon l could do sumat with that so Eminem should have nae bother, really.

think l'll renew.

I've passed on to the club at a high level I liked the look of Chorley's dynamic midfielder Jack Hazelhurst to follow up.

He has no pedigree or stats bombs, but the lad can certainly play.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

I don’t know if you do this or how you record the financial side of things. 

Have you consider reporting the deficit each month ? Im sure people would be willing to donate more if they had a clear picture of the cost/shortfall each month. 

Happy to help with this, if needed. 

I actually talked to Matt about something just like that the other day. Reality is it's probably more hassle than it's worth. We're managing to keep the lights on. When we get properly low down we go rattle the tin-can in the 'What is OWBT worth' thread and hope we get a few people chipping in.

We have a tiny percentage (literally less than a 10 people) who contribute monthly. We have maybe 10-15 who chip in on a one-off basis when we rattle the can. We then have Matt who occasionally keeps things moving himself. That's it. Given the hundreds of active users it's not many people who are able to help. We respect that, times are tough. But if we could get some decent numbers we could possibly consider pulling the ads back even further. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

Well he had bother last season with roughly the same players!🤔😆

he had 6-7 decent players, up to him now to sign some more in the correct positions..

back up LB

RB 

back up RB

CM

LW

RW

3 hours ago, Ackey said:

I actually talked to Matt about something just like that the other day. Reality is it's probably more hassle than it's worth. We're managing to keep the lights on. When we get properly low down we go rattle the tin-can in the 'What is OWBT worth' thread and hope we get a few people chipping in.

We have a tiny percentage (literally less than a 10 people) who contribute monthly. We have maybe 10-15 who chip in on a one-off basis when we rattle the can. We then have Matt who occasionally keeps things moving himself. That's it. Given the hundreds of active users it's not many people who are able to help. We respect that, times are tough. But if we could get some decent numbers we could possibly consider pulling the ads back even further. 

whenever l chip in l get banned!! which is actually ace because it shows no favourtism.

41 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

he had 6-7 decent players, up to him now to sign some more in the correct positions..

back up LB

RB 

back up RB

CM

LW

RW

Strikers? We’ll only have Garner left!