Playing Squad - Summer 24

14 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

But if recent rumours are to be believed only Garner will be here.

yeah l don't believe them. l'd also be willing to give Nuttall another chance but boo boys probs not be havin that.

2 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

yeah l don't believe them. l'd also be willing to give Nuttall another chance but boo boys probs not be havin that.

Maybe under a different manager but his time under Mellon is finished I would think!

9 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

out on loan two division above us and Kurt on loan at a similar level to us. shudnt have done them any harm.

I don’t think Kurt was ever given a proper chance here tbh but I’d wager neither will play for us again.

2 hours ago, Dickie Down said:

Might be some interesting pickings from Hartlepool.

The only one I'd have from them is Emmanuel Dieseruvwe although he has a year left on his contract and probably has interest from L2 clubs. Had a great season in a pretty shit team.

I'm watching the Brackley v Chorley match this afternoon to check on Chorley's attacking midfielder Jack Hazelhurst, who looks similar to Conn-Clarke.

Bearing in mind he had an exhausting match a few days ago which Chorley won on penalties.

14 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

The only one I'd have from them is Emmanuel Dieseruvwe although he has a year left on his contract and probably has interest from L2 clubs. Had a great season in a pretty shit team.

We had him on loan for 4 games in 2020 - he’s only 29 and a big guy - not sure about his style of play but he has scored a few this season.

2 hours ago, BP1960 said:

I'm watching the Brackley v Chorley match this afternoon to check on Chorley's attacking midfielder Jack Hazelhurst, who looks similar to Conn-Clarke.

Bearing in mind he had an exhausting match a few days ago which Chorley won on penalties.

Awful kick and rush game after 30 minutes, ball rarely on the grass.

14 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Awful kick and rush game after 30 minutes, ball rarely on the grass.

Half time 0-0, head tennis would be the best description of this game.

On 4/28/2024 at 12:49 PM, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

*eh man you well deserve

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

I'll predict now Alfie Atherton will start next season after impressing in pre season friendlies - unless he's sold on.

If he’s ready mentally then I agree….I’ve only seen him once but he looks far better than Walker and much stronger than Green!

If he can handle the step up to the men’s game he could well be a very good player for us!

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

I'll predict now Alfie Atherton will start next season after impressing in pre season friendlies - unless he's sold on.

Having 7 subs and being able to use 5 from next season is a game changer and hopefully should help massively with a pathway from the youth team to first team. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oafc1955 said:

If he’s ready mentally then I agree….I’ve only seen him once but he looks far better than Walker and much stronger than Green!

If he can handle the step up to the men’s game he could well be a very good player for us!

As you say he's a strong lad used to taking plenty of stick and giving it back, he's being tried as a striker at the moment, but I see him better wide on either flank where he can use his acceleration trickery and crossing ability, However, he knows where the net is so it could be  versatile.

5 hours ago, nzlatic said:

Having 7 subs and being able to use 5 from next season is a game changer and hopefully should help massively with a pathway from the youth team to first team. 

Wait what? I missed this news. 

On 4/27/2024 at 9:46 AM, Monty Burns said:

Wow. I mean I want what you are on. If a boo boy is someone who doesn’t want absolutely shite players - like Joe Nuttall - in our team then I am life long member of the boo boys

45 minutes ago, AndyB2 said:

Wow. I mean I want what you are on. If a boo boy is someone who doesn’t want absolutely shite players - like Joe Nuttall - in our team then I am life long member of the boo boys

How's that view that Scunthorpe will be better placed than us next season for getting back into league football going?

51 minutes ago, AndyB2 said:

Ooooh what a brave little soldier you are. A true fan, take a bow.

• Like 1