Scoreboard

• Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

You get the point. In some people's eyes whatever the club says is a fucking lie because the club said it. All the outcry for more info from the club leads to them publishing statements. On here it's decided that those statements are bullshit. Which has a knock on effect and has led the club to publishing these open letters. 

The club has made a rod for its own back though to some degree. The lack of trust from many fans is down to the last decade of cost cuts, asset stripping, , separate business entities not linked to the club, worsening performances & finances, threats to leave the club, PR faux pas after faux pas...the list goes on. 

There is still a chance the frustrated fans could be brought back in out of the cold, but it needs someone who is willing to swollow their pride, accept they haven't delivered what they once promised and realise that many fans need to be sold on a renewed vision of ambition. Corney has openly said his heart isn't in it anymore and that he would sell tomorrow to the right person, that in itself is the problem. there isn't a long term vision for the success of the football club under the current regime other than to hand over to someone else...so how can he expect their full support? 

Our 'leader' has thrown in the towel and so have many of the fans. Until a new leader with a new vision comes in there will always be dissension amongst the ranks.

Edited by Blue_Guru

35 minutes ago, Blue_Guru said:

Corney has openly said his heart isn't in it anymore and that he would sell tomorrow to the right person 

I remember taking heart from that when the likes of Steven Vaughan were openly trying to take the club. He would only sell to the right person, or place it one missed payment to handing  the club to Vaughan's best mate.

Scaremongering of course about facts.

1 hour ago, mcfluff1985 said:

All the outcry for more info from the club leads to them publishing statements. On here it's decided that those statements are bullshit.

Oh Flufferboy...every time, you make yourself look stupid...

It wasn't just decided the statements were bullshit...THEY WERE bullshit.

Remember...none of the funds have been used on these boards. Then proof comes out from Tifosy that a deposit from the fund was paid for the boards. The club were lying through their teeth!

Stop making yourself look so silly ?

15 hours ago, underdog said:

In my case, I had already contacted the CEO and suggested a credit off a season ticket instead and they have honoured that without any proof from me I have to say.

my personal donation was the kickback from the season ticket refund from last year and I remember going to the club to arrange this and signing a OAFC form to say I was giving x amount to the scoreboard fund. I am presuming the club minimum should have this info logged/the paper work

with regards to Tifosy and if you paying them , then I presume they will have evidence of your payment too, but I would try and dig something out to say how much you have donated, otherwise it's going to be bloody difficult for the club to know who paid what and a free for all. Don't know if there were any cash donations at the Tifosy launch at all.

Hope you get your cash back

The trust will actively push for any non-claimed monies be transferred to the trust for safe keeping and you the fans can decide what to do with it.  In my opinion, minimum, it should be the previous scoreboard collection of about £1,200.00

Ok cheers for this info, I'll route through my emails and dig out a copy of proof to take along.

23 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Oh Flufferboy...every time, you make yourself look stupid...

It wasn't just decided the statements were bullshit...THEY WERE bullshit.

Remember...none of the funds have been used on these boards. Then proof comes out from Tifosy that a deposit from the fund was paid for the boards. The club were lying through their teeth!

Stop making yourself look so silly ?

Where's this proof from tifosy you speak of? Come back to me when you've got that. Of course you can't, so you'll just change the subject or you'll post a statement that doesn't prove anything, it just basically says that tifosy thinks it's what happened. Yep, night. You've got nowt

I massively doubted the authenticity of that letter.  For that I unreservedly apologise to the fans concerned.

The fact I now trust the club so little that I believed they'd fake a letter and currently believe they are sending people to this site for "balance" is very sad and hasn't changed.

And I'll bet a pound to a penny that letter was edited by the club, hence the text change.

10 hours ago, JoeP said:

Exactly.  What a waste of time and energy this sort on nonsense is.

Haven't you read this statement? It's us who should be refocusing our energies behind the team instead of asking too many awkward questions...

7 hours ago, archiecat said:

Why don't all the big boys front up Corney and have it out face to face?

you know why don't you, each and every one of you .

Yes because I can't stand the smell of bullshit.

Anyway NNN (sorry I mean David Shaw) was that man and look how all that panned out, another fucking farcical situation that turned from a potential positive to a pantomime.

10 hours ago, oafcmetty said:

A new level of blaming the fans! It wasn't us who posted ridiculous open letters on the club website.

Excuse me I am a fan making a personal observation,no other connection with the club other than supporting the team.

Think this idea that new users have been told to post on here to defend the club is a little far fetched it's not North Korea. It literally could be that they think fans are being out of order criticising the club.

Personally I think criticism of the club is justified this was a major opportunity for the fans the trust and the club to come together and work as one. It was really good to see people activitly try and help the club in this sense. I've no idea how much that £7k is to those 2 fans for many of us we don't spend that much on something we can't drive. What we shouldn't deny is the genorsity of that gesture that they made.

Where they are wrong though is to just dismiss other fans concerns as just being negative and that they should know better. The noises coming out of the club right now are genuinely disturbing. While we don't know the whole facts at this stage we should not be dismissing some of the things which are being said by the trust directors who don't forget are in regular contact with our trust representative on the board who appears to be being shut out from certain financial decisions.

I don't know Underdog Leeslover or Jorvik personally. But having read their posts down the years both as trust reps and not so I don't think they would be shit stirring for the sake of attention. I believe their is substance in their concerns and people dismissing them are being a little naive.

29 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Think this idea that new users have been told to post on here to defend the club is a little far fetched it's not North Korea. It literally could be that they think fans are being out of order criticising the club.

Personally I think criticism of the club is justified this was a major opportunity for the fans the trust and the club to come together and work as one. It was really good to see people activitly try and help the club in this sense. I've no idea how much that £7k is to those 2 fans for many of us we don't spend that much on something we can't drive. What we shouldn't deny is the genorsity of that gesture that they made.

Where they are wrong though is to just dismiss other fans concerns as just being negative and that they should know better. The noises coming out of the club right now are genuinely disturbing. While we don't know the whole facts at this stage we should not be dismissing some of the things which are being said by the trust directors who don't forget are in regular contact with our trust representative on the board who appears to be being shut out from certain financial decisions.

I don't know Underdog Leeslover or Jorvik personally. But having read their posts down the years both as trust reps and not so I don't think they would be shit stirring for the sake of attention. I believe their is substance in their concerns and people dismissing them are being a little naive.

"It saddens me to see so much negative talk regarding our club from our own fans, not just about the scoreboard but in truth anything and especially from people who should know better. "

I think their point is valid. People questioning things is fine but the levels some go to on here with their conspiracy theories and slagging of the club for anything possible is ridiculous. There's a middle ground. I've said plenty of times that SC and the club have made mistakes but they're not doing it to purposely damage the club. 

10 hours ago, Smiler13 said:

I have been a supporter longer than most of you on here and I travel over 150 miles round trip to attend matches. I started supporting Oldham 62 years ago and have seen us play in every division.

So what?

Almost the same text as that open letter (can't remember which one...!).

The club needs all fans whether the travel 150 yards or 150 miles and supported the club six months or six years. It makes you no better or worse than anyone else who goes to BP and supports the team. That couple have got cash to donate, great good on them, but just because they've followed the club for fifty years makes them no better than me, or you.

This whole thing has been an unbelievable farce and smacks of sheer desperation on the part of the club. A few others have said the fund should go to the Trust, it says that on the TIFOSY website so that it what should happen.

Next we know we'll get a statement about the boards will be packed up and sold due to an anonymous offer through an open letter.

5 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

"It saddens me to see so much negative talk regarding our club from our own fans, not just about the scoreboard but in truth anything and especially from people who should know better. "

I think their point is valid. People questioning things is fine but the levels some go to on here with their conspiracy theories and slagging of the club for anything possible is ridiculous. There's a middle ground. I've said plenty of times that SC and the club have made mistakes but they're not doing it to purposely damage the club. 

I think you're right to an extent, but you have to admit this open letter stuff has been farcical?

While I hope all this is nothing sinister, it doesn't add to the belief that the club is being run competently...

33 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

It might well be the boy who cried wolf on this occasion, if we accept there is an element of fans who overly pry. It's not healthy to dismiss every interrogation on the basis that some have come out unfounded.

I can't believe the couple who wrote the open letter have without question given their very generous donation to a scheme in which they haven't a clue who benefits. That's Amish levels of faith, in my book, and it seems fairly blinkered to not think it justified that some fans might have more reservations than them.

New supporters that join here because they want THEIR say and don't attack the club are attacked immediately on this forum by the usual suspects.  What is wrong with you people? You do not have a monopoly on being right. 

Seems to me that a handful of posters on here run the show and demonise anyone who doesn't agree with them. The moderation is an absolute joke.  Cue weak response from in-on-it mod. Joke. 

Edited by kowenicki

40 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

The reality? Its a very tiny number actually who will NEVER see anything other than bad in anything relating to the club under the current regime.  This forum is dominated by less than a dozen who 'manage' the agenda day in day out.  When I look at the way the General Election thread was moderated and compare it to some discussion around Corney I can come to no other conclusion. 

No disrespect intended to OWTB - but when all is said and done it's just an Internet forum. 

So why anyone on here - or club bosses for that matter - get so upset when people disagree with them here is beyond me. 

I think it would be a very boring and far less entertaining place if everyone just agreed and stayed nice and friendly all the time. 

There are things in life that get me all upset, of course, but Internet forum comments aren't one of them. 

10 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Where's this proof from tifosy you speak of? Come back to me when you've got that. Of course you can't, so you'll just change the subject or you'll post a statement that doesn't prove anything, it just basically says that tifosy thinks it's what happened. Yep, night. You've got nowt

Still waiting...

2 hours ago, kowenicki said:

New supporters that join here because they want THEIR say and don't attack the club are attacked immediately on this forum by the usual suspects.  What is wrong with you people? You do not have a monopoly on being right. 

Seems to me that a handful of posters on here run the show and demonise anyone who doesn't agree with them. The moderation is an absolute joke.  Cue weak response from in-on-it mod. Joke. 

It's pretty disgusting truth be told, not sure why this is being allowed to occur.

7 minutes ago, Senor_Coconut said:

It's pretty disgusting truth be told, not sure why this is being allowed to occur.

Because some of the mods on here hate Corney as much as the main instigators so they're happy to watch people get a hammering for sticking up for him or the club and on occasion getting involved in having a go at them as well

14 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Because some of the mods on here hate Corney as much as the main instigators so they're happy to watch people get a hammering for sticking up for him or the club and on occasion getting involved in having a go at them as well

TBF the mods are entitled to their opinion, also if you were the subject of threatening behaviour the mods would step in, its run quite well on here, just try not to let words drag you down, either that or step back for a while.