Further info on winding up petition process

7 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

OK Barry.

It must really irritate you when there is something positive about this club. This is money that goes out of the game-not recycled back around like transfer fees. Alright we did not sign the greatest players in the close season-down to several reasons BUT by the same token we did not pay out a huge amount on agents fees. Just LOOK at the list-Coventry, Chesterfield Shrewsbury all below us .

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

It must really irritate you when there is something positive about this club. This is money that goes out of the game-not recycled back around like transfer fees. Alright we did not sign the greatest players in the close season-down to several reasons BUT by the same token we did not pay out a huge amount on agents fees. Just LOOK at the list-Coventry, Chesterfield Shrewsbury all below us .

I'm not convinced it's a positive story.  There's a balance in the middle somewhere.

12 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

Not sure how you view my comment as a negative it was a snipe at a defensive poster who turned the debate into a negative.

17 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

We managed to only shell out 4k and got players like Clarke, Dummigan, Gerrard, Fane, Ryan M, Ryan F, Holloway. Not bad if you ask me. I'd say that's extremely positive. Not sure how this is a negative in any way

Who are the Ryans?

And how did we mange to sign this wonderful squad without agent involvement?

It's a positive thing we're fighting against the tide of extortionate agents fees, but on the other hand it probably doesn't bode well in the sense that agents are unlikely to push their player towards signing for us if they know we don't pay well.

23 minutes ago, NewBlue said:

It's a positive thing we're fighting against the tide of extortionate agents fees, but on the other hand it probably doesn't bode well in the sense that agents are unlikely to push their player towards signing for us if they know we don't pay well.

That's an interesting point of view..never thought of it that way

Edited by underdog

37 minutes ago, NewBlue said:

But we pay our players an average  £1600 a week, as detailed by Mr Corney to NNN. That's not Sheffield United or Fleetwood but it's non too shabby in this division.

8 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

O4U what is your point? Spit it out.

Point one is that paying naff all in agents fees makes us uncompetitive.  Much as the agent is a leech on the game he/she is also a key access to good footballers.  Fail to compete with agents and, on the whole, you'll end up with the rubbish.  This isn't a case of "taking a stand", which would be pissing in the wind, it's a case of choosing not to compete.

Point two is that there is something that stinks about our second charge with the Necarcu people.  Links to the same group of individuals (who have also been involved as football agents in the past) existed at Barrow, Chester and Stockport before they went belly up.  

For a long time I've given Corney the benefit of the doubt.  To a point I still do.  But the agents fees information combined with other bits of the jigsaw (Nercarcu, early season ticket offers two seasons running, cheap managerial appointments, the scoreboard money being "ring fenced" yet no doubt sat in the same bank account that has paid wages late on more than one occasion (in other words it's a empty bank account), supposed PFA assistance, the farce of our pre-season, the repeated delays building the stand, progressing the stand and the failure to complete the stand, the inability to retain Sheridan last season, Neil Joy jumping ship, the ridiculously cheap tarmac job on the car patk and doubtless numerous other things that I've forgotten about.

The football club isn't just skint.  It's much more serious than that and unless some golden goose comes along it's inevitable that sooner or later this is going to end unpleasantly for every Latics supporter.

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

That's exactly where I'm at with everything OP4U.

Our club is looking in a more and more precarious position and you wonder if and when the next bombshell is going to be dropped.

That is quite a turnaround for you from 3 months ago when you were advocating not paying debts until we were forced to!  :mmm:

4 hours ago, ChaddySmoker said:

That is quite a turnaround for you from 3 months ago when you were advocating not paying debts until we were forced to!  :mmm:

Not if you read what I said. The point I made was that paying Rochdale late wasn't in isolation a big issue. I work for a £4Billion a year business which is always struggling to pay its suppliers on time it mainly due to process but it happens in every business go find me one that hasn't got bad debt.

Rather than challenge me on the issue which other posters did you decided to brand me "an absolute scrote" So for the only time in 10 years of using OWTB I used the report function not because you disagreed because it wasn't constructive to the debate and by making a personal dig you lost the argument (quite frankly an apology would have been enough rather than a ban). As far as I'm concerned that's the end of it I don't know you and have not got the time to start a personal spat with a stranger on the Internet.  So shall we just move on?

On 08/04/2017 at 5:07 AM, opinions4u said:

Point one is that paying naff all in agents fees makes us uncompetitive.  Much as the agent is a leech on the game he/she is also a key access to good footballers.  Fail to compete with agents and, on the whole, you'll end up with the rubbish.  This isn't a case of "taking a stand", which would be pissing in the wind, it's a case of choosing not to compete.

Point two is that there is something that stinks about our second charge with the Necarcu people.  Links to the same group of individuals (who have also been involved as football agents in the past) existed at Barrow, Chester and Stockport before they went belly up.  

For a long time I've given Corney the benefit of the doubt.  To a point I still do.  But the agents fees information combined with other bits of the jigsaw (Nercarcu, early season ticket offers two seasons running, cheap managerial appointments, the scoreboard money being "ring fenced" yet no doubt sat in the same bank account that has paid wages late on more than one occasion (in other words it's a empty bank account), supposed PFA assistance, the farce of our pre-season, the repeated delays building the stand, progressing the stand and the failure to complete the stand, the inability to retain Sheridan last season, Neil Joy jumping ship, the ridiculously cheap tarmac job on the car patk and doubtless numerous other things that I've forgotten about.

The football club isn't just skint.  It's much more serious than that and unless some golden goose comes along it's inevitable that sooner or later this is going to end unpleasantly for every Latics supporter.

Nail hit on head...although you missed the winding up orders being served and I believe we had a visit from bailiffs last week. Thanks Simon.

1 hour ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Nail hit on head...although you missed the winding up orders being served and I believe we had a visit from bailiffs last week. Thanks Simon.

1 hour ago, blueatheart said:

I heard this.

At least the shiny new perimeter boarding can't be reposessed with the different ownership and everything.

Would be interesting to see what debt caused Bailiffs, if it happened.
There can't be too many business left onth e footballs side.....
Unless it is on the BrassBank side, which is doubtful.