Further info on winding up petition process

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, kowenicki said:

Opinions and boundary resorting to insults as usual. 

"You WILL have the same opinion as me!"

No, no, no...stop crying that it's an insult...you have your opinion by all means. And I will have my opinion on your opinion (or is that not allowed?) The difference between me and you is I expect & accept being treated likewise.

Let's not forget who brought it all up again btw.

Edited by boundaryblue80

37 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

No, no, no...stop crying that it's an insult...you have your opinion by all means. And I will have my opinion on your opinion (or is that no allowed?) The difference between me and you is I expect accept being treated likewise.

Let's not forget who brought it all up again btw.

I did, because the "seriously worried" fell silent and I for one found that very telling.  I'm done in the thread though. Won't comment again. 

5 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

I did, because the "seriously worried" fell silent and I for one found that very telling.  I'm done in the thread though. Won't comment again. 

Fell silent? Or waiting for something to report?

I think you and I both know which really :chubb:

28 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Fell silent? Or waiting for something to report?

I think you and I both know which really :chubb:

Also - still worried but don't need to bleat on about a point every 5 minutes like some people on this site for it to still be a valid concern.

Edited by jorvik_latic

1 hour ago, singe said:

Notts County Chairman has said they are losing £1.5m a year (£30,000 a week.)

SC says he puts in £1.3m a year, so I guess we are in more or less the same boat as Notts.County.

12 hours ago, al_bro said:

SC says he puts in £1.3m a year, so I guess we are in more or less the same boat as Notts.County.

I think, if I recall the notes from NNN, that he says he put in £1.3m last year.  Not every year.

The same meeting also said he'd given up his 50% interest in the OEC business.  It's not inconceivable that he sold that to Blitz and Gazal for, perhaps, £1.3m.

4 hours ago, opinions4u said:

I think, if I recall the notes from NNN, that he says he put in £1.3m last year.  Not every year.

The same meeting also said he'd given up his 50% interest in the OEC business.  It's not inconceivable that he sold that to Blitz and Gazal for, perhaps, £1.3m.

Does anyone really believe that if Corney got £1.3m from anything, he'd put it into Latics?  If he were doing so, why the hell would the club need to borrow money from Vaughan cronies?

2 minutes ago, Stevie_J said:

Does anyone really believe that if Corney got £1.3m from anything, he'd put it into Latics?  If he were doing so, why the hell would the club need to borrow money from Vaughan cronies?

The £1.3m will, at a not so wild guess, all be related to the stand and the non-football returns it generates for others.

The idea Corney simply stuck a seven figure sum into signing Gerrard, Main, Palmer et al to fend off relegation is ridiculous.

In other words, the other two amigos gave him little choice.

18 minutes ago, Stevie_J said:

Do people think that SC should be stumping up that kind of money (or even half of that) out of his own resources to keep our club going?

I personally don't think he should be expected to, or condemned if he doesn't.  He bought a club that was in serious financial trouble, and for the most part has kept the club going reasonably well.

Its hand to mouth, and seasons where we don't get a bonus from a cup game / televised game(s) / player sale are obviously more challenging financially.  He has stated that he is trying to seek to someone who might be able to  put more money in, and there has been a modicum of improvement to our facilities.

Id guess in the bottom 2 divisions we are on par with most in terms of financial stability - or lack of.  Unless you have a benefactor, it's always a tightrope, and under SC we are still balancing.

Mistakes have been made, and more will be made undoubtedly - but I do struggle with the insinuations that SC et al are bleeding the club dry.

2 hours ago, Scapegoat said:

Do people think that SC should be stumping up that kind of money (or even half of that) out of his own resources to keep our club going?

I personally don't think he should be expected to, or condemned if he doesn't.  He bought a club that was in serious financial trouble, and for the most part has kept the club going reasonably well.

Its hand to mouth, and seasons where we don't get a bonus from a cup game / televised game(s) / player sale are obviously more challenging financially.  He has stated that he is trying to seek to someone who might be able to  put more money in, and there has been a modicum of improvement to our facilities.

Id guess in the bottom 2 divisions we are on par with most in terms of financial stability - or lack of.  Unless you have a benefactor, it's always a tightrope, and under SC we are still balancing.

Mistakes have been made, and more will be made undoubtedly - but I do struggle with the insinuations that SC et al are bleeding the club dry.

Excellent balanced post. You forgot to call somebody a cunt though 

18 hours ago, Scapegoat said:

Well, yes, actually.

He is the man making all the decisions, if the balance sheet shows -£1.3m based on what he does then of course he should be finding it. That's what he's fuckin there for isn't it?

'oooh oooh I bought a Football club losing money. Luckily it had loads of land so I transfered it all to a different company and privately rented it out for hundreds of thousands of pounds, whilst I slowly sold it all for millions of pounds, which I kept well away from the Football Club.

Now I've ran out of it and the Football Club is still there in a worse state then when I bought it.

oooh oooh.

Love me you ungrateful peasants.'

7 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

Well, yes, actually.

He is the man making all the decisions, if the balance sheet shows -£1.3m based on what he does then of course he should be finding it. That's what he's fuckin there for isn't it?

'oooh oooh I bought a Football club losing money. Luckily it had loads of land so I transfered it all to a different company and privately rented it out for hundreds of thousands of pounds, whilst I slowly sold it all for millions of pounds, which I kept well away from the Football Club.

Now I've ran out of it and the Football Club is still there in a worse state then when I bought it.

oooh oooh.

Not a million miles from the truth although I think you might be largely referring to Simon Blitz rather than Simon Corney

Even it true then so what...to the buyers the spoiis.They are in buisness and not a registered charity.Remind me

again at the third time of asking who they outbidded when they took over the reins?

Why didnt you form a consortium to buy the club?

Would any other buyer have done better...hypothetical but who knows or can say for sure?

Sometimes better the devil you know.

On 10/05/2017 at 10:59 AM, deyres42 said:

Presumably someone must be putting some money in at some stage though...

On 10/05/2017 at 11:03 AM, opinions4u said:

Friends of Mr Vaughan.

Someone has to pay Friends of  Vaughan though.

Or are they our secret benefactors.

13 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

Well, yes, actually.

oooh oooh.

The only people to get us promoted in my lifetime have been local businessmen ( I'm 71). Most people, I'm guessing 99%, buy something (bigger than frivolous) to benefit themselves or their family. If an outsider buys a lower league football club their is something more than fame and the goodwill of the township as motivation.

There is no good reason on gods earth why TTA should be jeopardizing their investment on the quicksand of achieving success in league football.

That is notwithstanding the mistakes they've made, the financial crisis and slump in the housing market, and don't mention knocking down the Ford Stand. They are doing ok.

Comparing possible alternative owners over the last 14yrs is pointless. It's impossible to judge two paths in life.

So here we are, still in League 1. Not exactly a disaster but certainly more upsetting for some more than others.

The multi millionaire Monty Burns, maybe next up.

Edited by mikeroyboy
wrong word