North Stand Construction Thread

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To put this into perspective. I think 1984 has clearly had a bad day. It’s xmas pal, have a beer or summat. BP1960 does talk an awful lot of shite (sometimes) but there is more respectful ways of getting that point across. I do believe Mr 1960 has some really good contacts and has helped the club in this respect before. He also has given us some poor (being kind) recommendations on the whim of someone having a good ten mins in a reserve u15’s. 

Lets play nice ? 

8 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Prove it !! What year were you born then ? 

3 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

To put this into perspective. I think 1984 has clearly had a bad day. It’s xmas pal, have a beer or summat. BP1960 does talk an awful lot of shite (sometimes) but there is more respectful ways of getting that point across. I do believe Mr 1960 has some really good contacts and has helped the club in this respect before. He also has given us some poor (being kind) recommendations on the whim of someone having a good ten mins in a reserve u15’s. 

Lets play nice ? 

1984 and yes you are right 

4 hours ago, OAFC1984 said:

from the guy who puts so many players forwards and the only one of note to be signed is Cameron Burgess??? Jog on you relic 

get scouting some shit players that Brian Clough would like 

3 hours ago, OAFC1984 said:

Aw bless 

to a guy who talks up scouting like he’s the next coming of Christ? He’s a joke 

Ive been wanking most of my life - others are better at it 

45 minutes ago, OAFC1984 said:

getting a hard on over internet likes... 

You having a bad day, son? We're all entitled to opinions on here, but attacking fellow fans in that style shows immaturity beyond belief. Grow up, show some respect and calm down, there's a good boy. I'm sure the ban can't be that far away, but that might just please you. I'll sit back and wait for you to attack me next.

10 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

You having a bad day, son? We're all entitled to opinions on here, but attacking fellow fans in that style shows immaturity beyond belief. Grow up, show some respect and calm down, there's a good boy. I'm sure the ban can't be that far away, but that might just please you. I'll sit back and wait for you to attack me next.

Of course you are right. But you also are very patronising towards the younger generation. Try treating youngsters with a bit of respect too. There’s a good old codger. 

And see above, I agree with you that 1984 has been out of order. 

18 hours ago, Fruitygoo said:

By the way... I have no gripe with you. Your on here regularly updating when you don't need to and you seem to have the right intentions. 

Thanks Fruitygoo...I did not take it that way at all and I had to rush out to work.

I tried to be as honest as I can and type how I would say things...which gets me occassionally, in hot water.

the name calling and stuff does get to me I must admit. we are all latics fans at the end of the day

Cheers

17 hours ago, laticsmarra said:

The whole thing about the Trust looking at out of dates Statutory Accounts is a joke. As the Trust has a seat on the Board they should be attending regular Board meetings at which the Monthly Management Accounts are presented and discussed.That is proper corporate governance.At least then you can be up to date with what is happening now, not what happened many months ago.

Hello Laticsmarra.....there is reasoning behind this. This is the transitional year from one owner to the new one and we needed to set a good level of governance. It does not help that the club usually submit the accounts 12 months later. July to the following June is the accounting period. If we put a bit of context on it.

2016/17 - 11 pages long submitted to companies house on  13/09/18 and signed by A.Lemsagam on 08/06/19. Al was not the owner during this time frame

2017/18 - 8 pages long submitted to companies house on 22/07/19 and signed by A.Lemsagam on 22/07/19. This was transitional year from one owner to the other. We require more information as per our letter

2018/19 - Due a Companies house in March 2020. Also in our letter that we want to be notified when they are ready.

There has been no club board from January 2018 to end of July 2019. All the new board (except one) were registered at Companies house on 28/07/19. There was a board meeting then, the next one was mid October and the next one is due December. Think they are bi-monthly.

Trust rep reports back to the Trust on a monthly basis and since our FSA health check in September, there are key questions that should be asked at Club board level and we want the information on. This is where there is a hurdle at the moment that we need to thrash out with the club....what stuff we are entitled to, what information we want to see, what we then want to tell members and fans........the honesty, transparency and openess the fans want. I have drafted a code of conduct and a memorandum of understanding for this purpose. It is based on a good piece of literature from the FSA/SD and they are in practice at other EFL clubs. The club MD tentatively agreed to the idea on the 1oth December but with yesterdays announcement....I now just don;t know if this is still an option....TBA

Thanks

9 minutes ago, underdog said:

Hello Laticsmarra.....there is reasoning behind this. This is the transitional year from one owner to the new one and we needed to set a good level of governance. It does not help that the club usually submit the accounts 12 months later. July to the following June is the accounting period. If we put a bit of context on it.

2016/17 - 11 pages long submitted to companies house on  13/09/18 and signed by A.Lemsagam on 08/06/19. Al was not the owner during this time frame

2017/18 - 8 pages long submitted to companies house on 22/07/19 and signed by A.Lemsagam on 22/07/19. This was transitional year from one owner to the other. We require more information as per our letter

2018/19 - Due a Companies house in March 2020. Also in our letter that we want to be notified when they are ready.

There has been no club board from January 2018 to end of July 2019. All the new board (except one) were registered at Companies house on 28/07/19. There was a board meeting then, the next one was mid October and the next one is due December. Think they are bi-monthly.

Trust rep reports back to the Trust on a monthly basis and since our FSA health check in September, there are key questions that should be asked at Club board level and we want the information on. This is where there is a hurdle at the moment that we need to thrash out with the club....what stuff we are entitled to, what information we want to see, what we then want to tell members and fans........the honesty, transparency and openess the fans want. I have drafted a code of conduct and a memorandum of understanding for this purpose. It is based on a good piece of literature from the FSA/SD and they are in practice at other EFL clubs. The club MD tentatively agreed to the idea on the 1oth December but with yesterdays announcement....I now just don;t know if this is still an option....TBA

Thanks

Thanks Underdog there are obvously serious issues with the Trust/Club relationship.The problem is that the Trust Director has all of the legal responsibilities of any other Director and as such needs to be privy to the same level of information as every other Director. At the same time that Director has to maintain a level of confidentiality which is a difficult  balancing act when fans are demanding answers. 

1 minute ago, laticsmarra said:

Thanks Underdog there are obvously serious issues with the Trust/Club relationship.The problem is that the Trust Director has all of the legal responsibilities of any other Director and as such needs to be privy to the same level of information as every other Director. At the same time that Director has to maintain a level of confidentiality which is a difficult  balancing act when fans are demanding answers. 

Yes that is it and it shouldn't be the case. We have referenced this in the letter to the club and the code/memo would set the boundaries and hopefully open up the transparency teh fans want and should hear indpendantly from the Trust as well.

It has been a real eye opener for us this season working with the FSA. We now realise that other clubs and supporter organisations do have open good relationships with their clubs, Cambridge and Grimsby being two examples of.

Trust team have already spoken to the Grimsby delegation when they came to BP.  Both were very complimentary of each other and they work in synergy. Both Owner and Supporter rep have invited us there place at anytime to discuss and certainly we will be looking at this in the away fixture.

To me the Code or the memorandum is a must now if we are to move forward.

31 minutes ago, underdog said:

Yes that is it and it shouldn't be the case. We have referenced this in the letter to the club and the code/memo would set the boundaries and hopefully open up the transparency teh fans want and should hear indpendantly from the Trust as well.

It has been a real eye opener for us this season working with the FSA. We now realise that other clubs and supporter organisations do have open good relationships with their clubs, Cambridge and Grimsby being two examples of.

Trust team have already spoken to the Grimsby delegation when they came to BP.  Both were very complimentary of each other and they work in synergy. Both Owner and Supporter rep have invited us there place at anytime to discuss and certainly we will be looking at this in the away fixture.

To me the Code or the memorandum is a must now if we are to move forward.

Hi Underdog, 

prior to the club releasing their statement yesterday in response to the trust letter, had a club official make contact with you to arrange a meeting or discuss the content at all in light of the concerns and in their words the adversarial nature of the content or was it a case that this was released without any attempt to discuss the perceived issues? 

Thanks 

Underdog

Folk forget the Trust have been protecting our Club for many years under the challenging regimes of Corney and AL and its work that doesn’t get the Trust into the limelight 

Whilst for some  ‘the shadow of Barry Owen’ still hangs over the Trust and the  lack of resource often attracts criticism due to perceived delays in action or responding, what cant be criticised is your own continuing efforts in keeping our fans updated the best you can. 

People often judge an organisation not by the good work they do but by the characters at its head and in many cases thats to the detriment of the organisation

Can I suggest the first update from Trust Oldham in the new year is a short ‘promotional’ communication listing the legally binding achievements that are in place that protect the well being of our Club that the Trust have negotiated over the years

Seasons Greetings  ⚽💙

1 hour ago, Haribo_man said:

Hi Underdog, 

prior to the club releasing their statement yesterday in response to the trust letter, had a club official make contact with you to arrange a meeting or discuss the content at all in light of the concerns and in their words the adversarial nature of the content or was it a case that this was released without any attempt to discuss the perceived issues? 

Thanks 

hi Haribo

The letter is a complaint issued by email on the 6th and hand delivered on the 7th December. We wrote in and we expect a written full response back within the 14 working day timescale. This is as per the clubs customer service charter. It is a formal process and written acknowledgement and response would be (give two Bank holidays now), Monday 30th December.

However, the Trust rep does have a direct line of communication to a number of key people at the club, and via this method of comms. So in a way and unofficially I suppose, the FD did offer to meet us on the 10th December but we were missing our key people who would had the knowledge to get under the skin of it all, so we kindly declined it with a view to re-arrange it as part of the resolution after we had the evidence we requested in the letter.

We then announced the letter had gone into the club (we said we were going to do this in our November review as it was a December target) and the latest was that we would be getting a formal reply back...which is what we wanted. What was unexpected was the club statement yesterday.

As per the club statement, the response was to be sent back to our chair person. So we will have to see what the solutions to the complaint the club are offering. We will then have to digest this and see if we are satisfied.

Hope this makes sense

5 minutes ago, underdog said:

hi Haribo

The letter is a complaint issued by email on the 6th and hand delivered on the 7th December. We wrote in and we expect a written full response back within the 14 working day timescale. This is as per the clubs customer service charter. It is a formal process and written acknowledgement and response would be (give two Bank holidays now), Monday 30th December.

However, the Trust rep does have a direct line of communication to a number of key people at the club, and via this method of comms. So in a way and unofficially I suppose, the FD did offer to meet us on the 10th December but we were missing our key people who would had the knowledge to get under the skin of it all, so we kindly declined it with a view to re-arrange it as part of the resolution after we had the evidence we requested in the letter.

We then announced the letter had gone into the club (we said we were going to do this in our November review as it was a December target) and the latest was that we would be getting a formal reply back...which is what we wanted. What was unexpected was the club statement yesterday.

As per the club statement, the response was to be sent back to our chair person. So we will have to see what the solutions to the complaint the club are offering. We will then have to digest this and see if we are satisfied.

Hope this makes sense

please don’t take this as an attack on you Tracy as I believe my criticism of the Trust may have come across as so but...

you have a director (an incredibly poor one) on the board, you have a shareholding in the club surely to god you should legally have rights to all you are asking?

please don’t take this as an attack on you Tracy as I believe my criticism of the Trust may have come across as so but...

you have a director (an incredibly poor one) on the board, you have a shareholding in the club surely to god you should legally have rights to all you are asking?

Hello OAFC1984....thank you for your words. We all have bad days and don't know what each others lives are sometimes like beyond OWTB.  I hope you are well

Okay....Share holder rights as per the companies act 2006 ( I am thinking of this as my next tattoo by the way....) Depending on what % of shares you have usually dictates the level of information you have access too. minimum and copied over.

All Shareholders have the following rights:

To be given notice of any shareholders’ meeting (called General Meetings) (section 310)

To vote at a General Meeting – the voting power depends on the proportion of shares you have (section 284)

To be entered in the company’s Register of Members (section 113) – the company and its officers in default commit a criminal offence if they don’t do this

To be given a share certificate (section 769) – the company’s officers in default commit a criminal offence if they don’t do this

To inspect minutes of General Meetings for free and be given a copy of them for a fee (section 358) – the company’s officers in default commit a criminal offence if they don’t do this

To inspect the Register of Members (shareholders) for free and be given a copy of them for a fee, unless a court decides that the request was made for an improper purpose (section 116)

To inspect the Directors’ Service Contracts for free and be given a copy of them for a fee (section 229) – the company’s officers in default commit a criminal offence if they don’t do this

We have additional legal rights that was built into the articles with the club. The right to appoint a director, equal parity voting at club board level and we have to vote if the business is to be dissolved or discontinued as a business of a football club....The Trust team at the time did wonders on these additionals and FSA have been complimentary about it. Well done that team....Charlton Trust were a bit envious of us when I chatted to them in October.

Having the FSA on board with us this year has empowered us more so. Previously we felt isolated with little outside support. We got the FSA in during September time to review us (SWOT) in light of what was going on at Bury at the time and then subsequently, when Bury went we had already arranged to meet with the ELF to learn lessons and fact finding ourselves. The FSA also felt our experiences should be heard with the EFL/FSA joint meeting in December with regards to fan engagement and good governance.

I am logging off now.....got to go and collect the turkey from the butchers

I wish all you good folk a wonderful Christmas and a "merry" New year.......lets hope the lads can rustle up another 3 points.

Cheers everyone and be safe out there....especially those that still need to shop hahah

Edit: apologies missed an important one...
To receive a copy of the company’s annual accounts s.423......Doh!

33 minutes ago, OAFC1984 said:

How about you posting an apology for your hate filled disgraceful ageism personal attack on me yesterday?

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

How about you posting an apology for your hate filled disgraceful ageism personal attack on me yesterday?

Don't be so precious - I've been accused of being racist and homophobic and ignored both charges.

Some people are hard to ignore, but well worth the effort ! 

Archived