North Stand Construction Thread

Here are the links to the minutes, and how much of it was granted to the Community Trust (great work they do) but it does rely on the OAFC name and should have been constructed under licence and copyright. 

01/08/11

Approved grant £700k.
https://committees.oldham.gov.uk/ieListDocuments.aspx?CId=144&MId=2469&Ver=4

"Pay a capital grant of £700,000 as a contribution to the redevelopment of Boundary Park based on the community work which the club carry out in the Borough"

"In the Borough"  not "at Boundary Park".

http://committees.oldham.gov.uk/documents/s7266/acquisition of lancaster club FINAL HM 27.7.11.pdf

Whole sections on OACT:

http://committees.oldham.gov.uk/documents/s7266/acquisition of lancaster club FINAL HM 27.7.11.pdf

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

At last, it gets interesting.

I wonder if the Blitz thing will get pulled now.  He will be struggling to say much at all if there is a police investigation ongoing. 

🍿

Very convenient timing to release this statement it has to be said.

27 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

At last, it gets interesting.

I wonder if the Blitz thing will get pulled now.  He will be struggling to say much at all if there is a police investigation ongoing. 

🍿

Will it?

Is an official complaint likely to lead to an investigation.... or will GMP just refer it to OMBC / conclude it's a civil not criminal matter....?

1 hour ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

Club statement

https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2020/january/03012020-statement/

Club makes complaint to GMP.

At least with this off its chest the club can now get on with paying the 500 quid it reputedly owes the St John's Ambulance, for an outfit that struggles to run a bath accompanied by the gimp who many feel was complicit throughout the Cormey years they really do seem to be clutching at straws.

I have one question, does AL really think he has any more right to a stand than Blitz does, my take on it is that the stand was going to be built with good intentions but financing it became a struggle, Blitz stepped in and funded the build as well as shoring up the clubs finances and took the stand as security or am I missing something? I'm presuming during the due diligence that ownership of the ground and stands was established? 

Maybe Simon Blitz can be asked the question to provide clarity, he may well be able to confirm Barry Owen's involvement in this mess, after all he is the only real constant throughout all this on a day to day level, I know the bloke (Owen) is playing dumb arse but it shouldn't be too difficult to get to the bottom of it.

2 minutes ago, Diego_Sideburns said:

So the football club ended up out of pocket to the tune of £5 million plus because of the council's ineptitude, who do we think put the £5 million up then - Abdallah?

8 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Will AL suspend Barry whilst this investigation goes ahead ? 

I thought it was Barry doing the investigating?

Timely his investigation has concluded just in time for the recruitment in the January transfer window.....

5 hours ago, dannyboy55555 said:

What do we actually want the outcome to be here?

Interesting question. 

The club could be in for a windfall and it ends up in the control of the clowns. 

Now THAT'S Typical Latics...

5 hours ago, dannyboy55555 said:

What do we actually want the outcome to be here?

The correct legal one.  Whatever that is.

If any previous director(s) have committed fraud then a stint inside for them would be a great outcome too. 

11 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Interesting question. 

The club could be in for a windfall and it ends up in the control of the clowns. 

Now THAT'S Typical Latics...

AL get's the windfall and walks away with it!!

7 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

I think Hill was a constant. Rest had revolving doors fitted

Yep. You are right. Just checked Companies House, he is the only other there on that date.  One or two left just before or joined just after though. 

Archived