North Stand Construction Thread

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, kowenicki said:

Where did I say that?  

Whataboutery is rife on here. Sign of the times I guess. 

Good grief you;'re arrogant. It was a perfectly fair comparison. it's not as if there are any other games in town just now

46 minutes ago, singe said:

Which part of my "undeniably" about being  asked hard questions translates to no questions asked?

You've said they've made mistakes, is a bit of a shit show but rarely if ever directly criticised them.

I've no problem the FLG & Blitz are given as tough time as the owners last meeting, even though their actions are nowhere near as bad as AL, ML & BO.

And they are given aharder time than they'll get from the next club Q&A.

I'm sure they'd handle it far better though.

Not sure why you are so frit about asking questions though, despite giving it large on here.

You were doing so well...  Blitz is complicit in everything bad that has happened in the last 15 years and where we are today. 

Frit? I’ve said. It’s pointless. These Q&A’s are merely PR. Mean nothing, change nothing.

2 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Good grief you;'re arrogant. It was a perfectly fair comparison. it's not as if there are any other games in town just now

It’s a pointless one.  I don’t want to have choose between typhoid or piles.  Blitz or AL.  

18 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

You were doing so well...  Blitz is complicit in everything bad that has happened in the last 15 years and where we are today. 

Frit? I’ve said. It’s pointless. These Q&A’s are merely PR. Mean nothing, change nothing.

100% agree about Blitz, I emant about giving the FLG as had time as the owners.

Still don't get why you're 🐔

21 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

FFS I've come back on here for the first time since August and I see that you're still an absolute numpty. Time to log out again...

Nah, stick around. I like your posts (most of 'em, anyway :grin:) and there's plenty of good folk around here who, I'm sure, will agree. 

8 minutes ago, singe said:

100% agree about Blitz, I emant about giving the FLG as had time as the owners.

Still don't get why you're 🐔

I’m sure you, or perhaps the guys asking tough questions of AL at the other Q&A, will go along and ask the tough questions. So it’s all good. 

17 hours ago, kowenicki said:

FLG have arranged a Q&A with Blitz...

Smells like the start of a charm offensive to me.  

From how I understand it, Blitz still holds a lot of the cards regarding our future and that concerns me more greatly. IMO it's important for fans to attend this Q&A and find out WTF is his next move...

40 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

From how I understand it, Blitz still holds a lot of the cards regarding our future and that concerns me more greatly. IMO it's important for fans to attend this Q&A and find out WTF is his next move...

My wish in all this is that Blitz can somehow regain control of the situation, he may not have the desire to but he does have the means, leaving Corney holding the baby was probably his biggest mistake and it will of cost him financially bailing him out time after time.

I do think he cares and you'd hope he wouldn't want to see the club go to the wall, after all he saved us from extinction once so I do hope going forward we can get him onside even if it is to broker a safer future for the club.

It's a complicated mess but one I hope he can help to sort out.

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

My wish in all this is that Blitz can somehow regain control of the situation, he may not have the desire to but he does have the means, leaving Corney holding the baby was probably his biggest mistake and it will of cost him financially bailing him out time after time.

I do think he cares and you'd hope he wouldn't want to see the club go to the wall, after all he saved us from extinction once so I do hope going forward we can get him onside even if it is to broker a safer future for the club.

It's a complicated mess but one I hope he can help to sort out.

He's our main creditor isn't he? 

If the club goes to the wall he loses a lot of money. 

28 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

He's our main creditor isn't he? 

If the club goes to the wall he loses a lot of money. 

I'm pretty sure all his 'assets' are ring fenced, might be wrong but AL owns the badge and I'm not sure what else.

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

I'm pretty sure all his 'assets' are ring fenced, might be wrong but AL owns the badge and I'm not sure what else.

Brassbank Ltd (Blitz & Gazal) own the Stadium , the Land and the OEC. 

AL owns the business, Oldham Athletic 2004 Ltd

Neither will function as well as they could do without the other 

F>%kin daft really 

13 minutes ago, tGWB said:

F>%kin daft really 

Separate ownership is more prevalent than you realise. I'm hoping that if the FLG are successful then it turns out similar to the Chelsea situation.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chelsea_Pitch_Owners 

2 hours ago, tGWB said:

F>%kin daft really 

I would say under the current climate. That this set up is a blessing in disguise. Because AL has zero assets. Also the council have a stake/agreement regarding the ground and the trust also got a community order against the pitch. Like Chelsea and Man Utd did.

13 minutes ago, Canada_latic said:

I would say under the current climate. That this set up is a blessing in disguise. Because AL has zero assets. Also the council have a stake/agreement regarding the ground and the trust also got a community order against the pitch. Like Chelsea and Man Utd did.

Depends which way you look at it. Does it make it easier to kiss goodbye to AL- yes. Does it make us a easier sell to a potential new owner? I’m not sure. 
The football team/business loses money hand over fist. So any potential new owner would have to buy the lot to make it even remotely viable. Even then it’s highly unlikely they’d see a return on their investment for many years if at all. My hope is that Blitz is willing to be sensible with any prospective new owner because quite honestly who would want to spend 10 million plus on a struggling league two side? 

Archived