Blackpool in for Philiskirk

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm quite shocked by this.

I expected him to be our James Coppinger - one of them who never leaves, despite being competent at this level.

He has perhaps been our best player all round this season, so fair enough Blackpool taking a punt, but he's still been poor like the rest. Also found myself really warming to him over the course of the season, so it'd be a shame if he left.

Dunn clearly likes him though so might not be a straightforward deal for Corney.

You also have to question us selling our top scorer when we're in a relegation dogfight - £75k isn't much when you weigh it up against relegation. We might be in a farcical position where both Murphy and Philliskirk leave.

Edited by NewBlue

He has been consistent but consistently ordinary for me, never better than a 7/10 and given he's never really been a favourite I'm surprised a bit by the response here, £75k sound a decent fee to me. Don't forget he hasn't stood out in a team that probably deserves to be in the bottom four. What does that tell us?

He has been consistent but consistently ordinary for me, never better than a 7/10 and given he's never really been a favourite I'm surprised a bit by the response here, £75k sound a decent fee to me. Don't forget he hasn't stood out in a team that probably deserves to be in the bottom four. What does that tell us?

wish we had a team of 7/10 players to many 4 or 5 out of ten

People harping on about Philliskirk being our best player this season.

That's the reason we're in the relegation mix. When your best player is the calibre of Danny Philliskirk you've got next to no chance of staying up.

That point neglects the qualities it takes to stand out whilst playing in a crap team... And being largely played out of position too.

Surprised the Gazette didn't mention his dad's role at the club. Surely his dad being at the club and close to him is a key issue. And the fact he's just had a baby too - will they suddenly want to uproot with a future Oldham striker attached to the bosom!

I guess there's nothing to stop us cashing in, but we couldn't if it annoyed Tony P - unless we plan to cash in on his youth coaching talent too...

When you're in a relegation scrap, do you want to be letting go of players with an exemplary attitude and bringing in players with questionable attitudes?

That will be disastrous.

Spot on. Attitude, not a bit of flair when someone can be arsed, is what's needed to avoid relegation.

It's attitude, professionalism, concentration and not giving up that's contributed to his vital last-minute goals.

Oother players wouldn't have made that burst into the box at Swindon because they'd be reeling from the equaliser. Other players wouldn't have taken a shot at Chrsterfield due to lack of confidence and instead tried to play a through ball that would have hit the first man. Other players wouldn't have made the clever run and burst of pace to lose his marker at the corner at Coventry (a skill DP has frequently displayed at set pieces and balls into the box to score: Fleetwood, Sheff U, Swindon last season) and instead just stood there and hoped for a lucky break, waiting for something to happen rather than making something happen...

This would be much more agreeable if we would use the £75k was used to strengthen us. Can you honestly see us going out to brink a player or 2 that will make us stronger personally I can't right now we will probably bring in another average at best loan signing.

That point neglects the qualities it takes to stand out whilst playing in a crap team... And being largely played out of position too.

Surprised the Gazette didn't mention his dad's role at the club. Surely his dad being at the club and close to him is a key issue. And the fact he's just had a baby too - will they suddenly want to uproot with a future Oldham striker attached to the bosom!

I guess there's nothing to stop us cashing in, but we couldn't if it annoyed Tony P - unless we plan to cash in on his youth coaching talent too...

Him having a baby could be more reason for him to leave. If they offer him a longer contract than he is currently on and maybe more money then more security for him.

Edited by Chaddyender2

Would we have any points this season without him?

One of our best players. Can usually tell how good somebody is by how many of our fans think he is ':censored:'.

"One of our best players" says it all - if the other players were up to League 1 standard he'd be one of our average players.

He can go after today's performance for me if it wasn't for James Wilson playing he would of been the worst by far in a blue shirt

You can add Cassidy and Winchester to the shrinking violets today.

One of the main problems with this squad, too many lightweights and pushovers. Butler of Doncaster showed what we need.

Edited by BP1960

He can go after today's performance for me if it wasn't for James Wilson playing he would of been the worst by far in a blue shirt

Lets face it...he isnt a central midfielder and theres no way hes requested to play there. The guy is a forward player...he'll probably move to play in a position he actually wants to play

We have to generate some money for the window and if that means sacrificing Philliskirk then so be it....James Wilson and Winchester could also command small fees and with the wages saved could allow us to strengthen key areas in the team. Even Kelly could be available for the right fee as Wellens could end up playing the anchor role.

The changes we make over the next few weeks will almost certainly define our season. It's getting near to the tipping point now and it's absolutely paramount that we stay in this division.

I don't think even a change of manager would get this current team winning many football matches. We desperately need 2 or 3 key signings and I would go :censored: or bust in the hope that Dunn with his obvious contacts can get the quality in that we badly need to turn our season around.

There are 22 other teams in this division and 20 are above us without Liam Kelly.

Players come and go but life goes on....we have to do whatever is necessary to preserve our divisional status!

Get rid of Dunn Holden and Brown and bring someone in who believes in them, can motivate them and inspire them, Corney seems content to see us slip into League 2 at a whimper which is the saddest part of this whole mess.

There are 22 other teams in this division and 20 are above us without Liam Kelly.

Players come and go but life goes on....we have to do whatever is necessary to preserve our divisional status!

The 20 above us would be much further away if we didnt have kelly....

I understand what you're getting at, but i think hes the key man to build the team around

Edited by Fruitygoo