Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

One scenario is that the dela is so close that it is just a matter of getting the money sorted.

Knowing us, it won't be that though.

I know this non payment of wage news  broke on Friday, can I clarify have the players (and staff..) still not been paid as of today?

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

More than likely not paid due to deal so close, So corney trying to save by getting new investors to pay. It's nothing to worry about in the slightest 

It is for those if not paid.

4 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

More than likely not paid due to deal so close, So corney trying to save by getting new investors to pay. It's nothing to worry about in the slightest 

I definitely wouldn't got as far as to say it's nothing to worry about in the slightest. especially if it still hasn't been paid and no takeover completed.

Hopefully it will be all sorted.

1 minute ago, BP1960 said:

It is for those if not paid.

1 minute ago, singe said:

I definitely wouldn't got as far as to say it's nothing to worry about in the slightest. especially if it still hasn't been paid and no takeover completed.

Hopefully it will be all sorted.

I understand on the staffs point of view that there not getting paid. But during a business transaction, there are lots of little negotiations that the various parties try to gain. For example in this case, Corney is trying to save himself a months wages. Due to the deal going through. It's actually extremely common practise 

Just now, LightDN123 said:

I understand on the staffs point of view that there not getting paid. But during a business transaction, there are lots of little negotiations that the various parties try to gain. For example in this case, Corney is trying to save himself a months wages. Due to the deal going through. It's actually extremely common practise 

But is it going through? Nobody seems to have a clue whats going on!!

1 minute ago, LightDN123 said:

People pay out a lot by direct debits these days, hardly good practice not to be paid on time IMO.

What do you mean ? Corney provided and update just a few months ago. We have 4 of AL's players ? He has been to every game ? Members of the club publicly stated it's still in the process ? 

Buying a football club is not a simple transaction, buying any business is not a simple transaction, heck buying a house can take months and months. The deposit has been paid, there are fa regulations that need to be done. It's just not something that will happen over night I'm afraid, and people need to realise that. It's not a case of signing a few papers and handing over the money. Nothing's that simple in business 

Just now, LightDN123 said:

What do you mean ? Cortney provided and update just a few months ago. We have 4 of AL's players ? He has been to every game ? Members of the club publicly stated it's still in the process ? 

Buying a football club is not a simple transaction, buying any business is not a simple transaction, heck buying a house can take months and months. The deposit has been paid, there are fa regulations that need to be done. It's just not something that will happen over night I'm afraid, and people need to realise that. It's not a case of signing a few papers and handing over the money. Nothing's that simple in business 

5 minutes ago, rigsby said:

But is it going through? Nobody seems to have a clue whats going on!!

2 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

What do you mean ? Corney provided and update just a few months ago. We have 4 of AL's players ? He has been to every game ? Members of the club publicly stated it's still in the process ? 

Are they buying the club then or providing investment? 

5 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Not sure who that is aimed at, but of course it is not remotely comparable.

As Rigsby says we've no idea if it is going through. If that is the case then it is perhasp more understandable, but we simply do not know so cannot assume. \
I'm not sure the plan to save a months wages and leave it to the new guy is much of a plan, especially if Simon corney is potentially still involved.
It's not possible to say it is nothing to worry about with the known facts.

1 minute ago, yarddog73 said:

Are they buying the club then or providing investment? 

Quite,  too much cloak and dagger for my liking, im not saying its something that can happen overnight but didnt corney issue a statement, like 4 weeks ago?

Think we are overdue another from where im sat.

1 minute ago, singe said:

Not sure who that is aimed at, but of course it is not remotely comparable.

As Rigsby says we've no idea if it is going through. If that is the case then it is perhasp more understandable. I'm not sure the plan to save a months wages and leave it to the new guy is much of a plan, especially if Simon corney is potentially still involved.
It's not possible to say it is nothing to worry about with the known facts.

Months wages is a lot of money to loose if in the next month for example you are not going to have the asset 

2 minutes ago, rigsby said:

Quite,  too much cloak and dagger for my liking, im not saying its something that can happen overnight but didnt corney issue a statement, like 4 weeks ago?

Think we are overdue another from where im sat.

That's fair enough, maybe some people like to know more than I do personally. I respect that 

I know this sounds like someone who knows someone etc. but take what you will from it.

I was at Oldham gym today and one of the lads knows quite a few people at the club. One of them picked up Abdallah from Heathrow for the Blackpool game, and also picked someone else up on the way to Blackpool, but the lad I spoke to couldn't remember who. 

Abdallah has plans to bring young players to the club. One of them will be the world young player of the year.

Abdallah intends to invest in the club this season, and complete a takeover for next season. He is also aiming to get us promoted in his first season.

The lad I spoke to is not a Latics fan, but has put money on us getting promoted next season on the strength of what he has heard.

Lets hope it happens.

4 minutes ago, al_bro said:

I know this sounds like someone who knows someone etc. but take what you will from it.

I was at Oldham gym today and one of the lads knows quite a few people at the club. One of them picked up Abdallah from Heathrow for the Blackpool game, and also picked someone else up on the way to Blackpool, but the lad I spoke to couldn't remember who. 

Abdallah has plans to bring young players to the club. One of them will be the world young player of the year.

Abdallah intends to invest in the club this season, and complete a takeover for next season. He is also aiming to get us promoted in his first season.

The lad I spoke to is not a Latics fan, but has put money on us getting promoted next season on the strength of what he has heard.

Lets hope it happens.

Which bookie took a bet on next season?

2 minutes ago, opinions4u said:

Which bookie took a bet on next season?

I don't know, and I can't see Dele Alli arriving at BP anytime soon. Most likely he meant one of the worlds best youth players.

1 hour ago, LightDN123 said:

This is as daft a comment as I've ever read on this Forum

If you're investing in a business, the last thing you want is disgruntled staff

Nothing worse than not paying your people as it simply seriously affects their engagement and critically, performance levels

If this alleged deal is near to completion, the Chairman would most certainly be paying the players and staff

If the alleged investor / purchaser is near to completing the deal, he would most certainly insist the assets he is paying for are paid

1 hour ago, LightDN123 said:

Months wages is a lot of money to loose if in the next month for example you are not going to have the asset 

The employer has contractual legal obligations to pay wages on time.Discussion about potential investment affecting this is a "red herring"

Archived