Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What made me laugh last night was the amount of gawpers (if that's even a word) in the north stand. Before the second half started there was a group of 20 or so guys stood together turned around with the their mouths wide open trying to get a glimpse of Abadallah, in the most unsubtle way possible, some even reaching for their glasses for a closer inspection.

3 minutes ago, Latics_Fanatic said:

Koukash might be looking for somewhere to invest his cash.

Stepped down as the owner as Salford Red Devils.

Didn't SC say there were a couple of interested parties a few weeks ago?

29 minutes ago, Latics_Fanatic said:

Koukash might be looking for somewhere to invest his cash.

Stepped down as the owner as Salford Red Devils.

25 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Didn't SC say there were a couple of interested parties a few weeks ago?

8 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

He was forever bleating about the Salford crowd sizes so there's no hope for him with us.

Maybe all this Abdullah stuff was a smokescreen.... Just sayin...

33 minutes ago, Andy Perimeter West said:

Be nice to hear from Corney an update especially after the sacking!!!

what update would you like? Sheridan has been sacked, Investment/Takeover still in process ? Anything else? Or you expecting him to tell you who the next manager is, what date the takeover/investment will be completed. Need a reality check, we are supporters not directors

Just now, LightDN123 said:

what update would you like? Sheridan has been sacked, Investment/Takeover still in process ? Anything else? Or you expecting him to tell you who the next manager is, what date the takeover/investment will be completed. Need a reality check, we are supporters not directors

If I was a director I wouldn't feel the need to ask!!!! and be careful people do not like reality check on here you get blocked and this thing they call downboated

Wellen's interview on channel 5 yesterday when he said *it's up to the owners and Simon Corney* may indicate Lemsagon is not the only person involved (as he says owners and not owner) and that SC may be staying on to look after things for them. Which would be the best solution all round as he knows how things work here. It may also indicate that the takeover is not far away.

We are still none the wiser from were we were a few weeks ago. Bloody frustrating isn't it.

Abdallah being an agent cannot own more than 5% of a club, corney owns the club in name, the buildings and land belong to Brassbank and with a secured loan on it from Necarcu too, would have to be approved by both parties as well as the board of OAFC. 

There is still the EFl/FA fit and proper test to get through as well.

It would be nice for Mr Corney to give us an update, but it's his business at the end of the day so maybe negotiations are still afoot as I believe both Abadallah and Corney were interviewing prospective managers last week.

6 minutes ago, underdog said:

We are still none the wiser from were we were a few weeks ago. Bloody frustrating isn't it.

Abdallah being an agent cannot own more than 5% of a club, corney owns the club in name, the buildings and land belong to Brassbank and with a secured loan on it from Necarcu too, would have to be approved by both parties as well as the board of OAFC. 

There is still the EFl/FA fit and proper test to get through as well.

It would be nice for Mr Corney to give us an update, but it's his business at the end of the day so maybe negotiations are still afoot as I believe both Abadallah and Corney were interviewing prospective managers last week.

I was under the impression Abdallah is no longer an agent hence why he was removed from being part of sports 2 business website? He wasn't Fifa registered anyway was he? 

5 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

I was under the impression Abdallah is no longer an agent hence why he was removed from being part of sports 2 business website? He wasn't Fifa registered anyway was he? 

He seems to have removed himself from his own company and has FIFA history so I don't know what the EFL/ FA will make of it/not make of it.

Be interesting to know where the money is coming from too

7 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Full strength Tuesday = corney still in full control chasing the dollars ?.

weak team full of frenchies means lems is pretty much in the driving seat spending the dollar ? 

Which weak Frenchies would hey be?  Only Mouache still to feature isn't there?

6 minutes ago, latics22 said:

I never said weak frenchies, I didn't imply the team would be weakened by them. I meant a weaker team with some of the French given a run out.

Was sat in Main Stand in front of some young French men during the match last Tuesday. Fair game to them they appeared to be passionate and extremely vocal in watching events on the pitch

I live facing our youth keeper Boyling and was speaking to his father yesterday. He told me that the takeover is already completed but not being announced yet. He also said that the new owner is a relative of City's owner. Also 1 of our youth coach's has said be prepared as there's a revolution about to happen at Oldham. Just passing on what I heard. Hope it's true. 

Archived