Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

2 hours ago, Midsblue said:

The PR from acquiring OAFC and taking us to the Prem would be more significant than buying Newcastle.  Would secure you a better financial return too I reckon.

Not a chance. A few newspaper headlines and features on MOTD etc perhaps. Oldham better known than Newcastle as a place not a football team-no chance. Better financial return-pie in the sky. 38,000 season tickets holders plus POTD's turn up and they haven't had a sniff of a cup or Prem Lge title for years.

You cannot even class us as a sleeping giant given the attendances we would be likely to get. A better comparison would be Fulham, Bournemouth  or Burnley.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bournemouth holds 11,464.  Southampton is 33 miles away and Portsmouth 58.  That's minimal local competition; I'd imagine there are more United fans in Bournemouth than there are Southampton.  For a long term owner who wants to build something for the future that's about as ideal a scenario as there can be. About as far as from the situation in the North West as it is possible to get.

• 3 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, josh_latics said:

Thread here: 

https://twitter.com/RicPD/status/1138851443333636096

The sooner Abdallah fucks off the better, the charlatan. 

Indeed. So f**king depressing. 

The really bad part is, even if someone offered to give him his money back I genuinely don’t think he’d take it. I think he’s in it mainly for the ego.

Unless someone offered him silly money, or we got down to the last 1000 fans he ain’t going anywhere IMO. 

I think the above Twitter feed deserves repeating:

David Broadbent‏ @Broadystar

Replying to @EdenCreativeUK @RicPD

Congrats on the move! How come you’ve moved out of #oafc though?!

5:39 PM - 12 Jun 2019

Ric Dennis‏ @RicPD 

Replying to @Broadystar @EdenCreativeUK

Simple reason! AL! Full to capacity at Eden at the moment, struggled to do the programme for the 2nd half of the season due to the amount of work a 64 page programme takes - all was done for free for the club along with the rest of the design work and running of the boards......told AL I simple couldn’t afford to do it for free anymore and suggested they use the printers to do the artwork - AL didn’t like it so “evicted” Eden from the office at the club along with the services. Over 10 years of work for nothing and that’s how AL treats people......he’s not very nice man! the sad thing is I personally did a lot more for the club than he knew! Funny thing is - from the people that have left/been forced out, they can’t all be wrong but he keeps defending his actions...Saw and heard a lot whilst in there...not good at all!

That’s the thing - everyone says the same - can’t all be wrong! Some of the stuff the goes on is dodgey! Feel so sorry for the full time staff there!

10 hours ago, LaticMark said:

I think the above Twitter feed deserves repeating:

David Broadbent‏ @Broadystar

Replying to @EdenCreativeUK @RicPD

Congrats on the move! How come you’ve moved out of #oafc though?!

5:39 PM - 12 Jun 2019

Ric Dennis‏ @RicPD 

Replying to @Broadystar @EdenCreativeUK

Simple reason! AL! Full to capacity at Eden at the moment, struggled to do the programme for the 2nd half of the season due to the amount of work a 64 page programme takes - all was done for free for the club along with the rest of the design work and running of the boards......told AL I simple couldn’t afford to do it for free anymore and suggested they use the printers to do the artwork - AL didn’t like it so “evicted” Eden from the office at the club along with the services. Over 10 years of work for nothing and that’s how AL treats people......he’s not very nice man! the sad thing is I personally did a lot more for the club than he knew! Funny thing is - from the people that have left/been forced out, they can’t all be wrong but he keeps defending his actions...Saw and heard a lot whilst in there...not good at all!

That’s the thing - everyone says the same - can’t all be wrong! Some of the stuff the goes on is dodgey! Feel so sorry for the full time staff there!

I read things like this and weep. The club is an absolute fucking shambles from top to bottom.

How a former trust chairman and lifelong fan like Barry Owen, on the board in a so called advisory capacity, can be happy sitting through all this shit is beyond comprehension!

I really can’t raise the enthusiasm to visit BP anytime soon....I’ve seen and heard just as much as I can take.....this is no longer the club I’ve been supporting since 1960.

Abdallah out!!!!!

Maybe the Trust can check out the failed Botton Wanderers bidders. Probably at least one there who could buy AL out and meet all the requirements?

Or are the Trust not allowed to do that?

10 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Maybe the Trust can check out the failed Botton Wanderers bidders. Probably at least one there who could buy AL out and meet all the requirements?

Or are the Trust not allowed to do that?

Not sure that is the remit of unpaid volunteers tbh.

11 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Not sure that is the remit of unpaid volunteers tbh.

Have a go on our behalf, you appear to have a few connections and one of the most in the know posters on OWTB.

Archived