PLAYERS STAFF STEWARDS NOT PAID - CRISIS

27 minutes ago, Scapegoat said:

Signed a 2 year contract, got about 10% of the way into it and then left by “mutual consent” then I’d guess he was paid off.

In my experience from a work environment when someone leaves to “pursue new opportunities” (the corporate term for “mutual consent”) then there is a pay-off.

In these circumstances the compromise agreement will be less than the full contract / what they might be entitled to from a severance  - but it will still be sizeable and I’d guess would impact on cash flow of a club/business on the line like we are.

Interested in why you think he didn’t?

May it be that he was put on a months gardening leave and gets his full comp at the end of October? Therefore delaying payment and helping cash flow in the short term. I'm not that savy on employment law so I don't know the legalities of this.

Edited by GlossopLatic

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Buckshawlatic said:

I do have to disagree with you on that - Simon  Corney is very much interested In getting revenue streams into the club. I happen to know that the video where he pulled TLH signing off the Rochdale Road End was because they hadn't paid us their sponsorship fee (ironic I know) 

Wish he had slapped a coat of paint while he was up there taking it down....its an embarrassing mess

7 hours ago, oafcshuck said:

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/players-staff-oldham-athletic-havent-13715764

What is going on?

Thought we had investment? This better not be the start of something bad.

Is this the reason Sheridan left?

What if it is...what can you do about it, anyway?
Nothing sells news like bad news, eh? Especially if the headline is in CAPITAL LETTERS!

I don't mean to be insulting and I don't mean to belittle the situation staff and players may find themselves in but there must have been assurances made that the money will be paid. We can speculate all we want, however, we don't know the full story. Let's wait and maybe we will find out...or maybe we won't. I'm not going to be losing any sleep over it, if the club decides not to enlighten us any further.

1 hour ago, kowenicki said:

Which will be correct.   It is cash flow.  It will be sorted.   However, everything is not fine and, as I have said, Corney has publicly stated it isn’t fine.  He is very aware it isn’t.  His family and bank balance will be all too aware also. 

Are you one of those people that thinks SC does this on purpose and enjoys people not being paid and being miserable? 

Wow lad take a chill pill,

It's latics and we all know the situation were in.

3 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

You've got to say Corney must be in an atrocious position when trying to negotiate any sort of deal, I hope to god we won't be sold down the river here. 

Not sure this is the case, though I agree late payment of wages is disgraceful.

To any prospective buyer who had done even a little research, it would be obvious from the start that Corney is a distressed seller. He says as much in the last video anyway, and if he has been friends with AL for some time then again the state of the club's finances would come as no surprise. In any case if AL has properly carried out due diligence he will be all too aware of what he is buying/investing in.

There is no point in speculating. SC has always said he would only sell to the "right" buyer, and we have no choice but to take that on trust and see what happens.

1 hour ago, Wardie said:

What if it is...what can you do about it, anyway?
Nothing sells news like bad news, eh? Especially if the headline is in CAPITAL LETTERS!

Ask yourself why is it always bad news? How many times have Rochdale or Bury or Bradford not paid their salaries? I cannot remember any!

We all wish that it didnt happen but it does and not just the once or even twice. Meeting staff wages is a legal and professional responsibility in any business.

It is not your Salary and it is not mine but some of us are not so content to simply say 'there have been assurances.'

If Salary commitments were met on time you wouldnt hear or read a thing about it. Then there wouldnt be headlines in CAPITAL LETTERS.

5 hours ago, Buckshawlatic said:

I do have to disagree with you on that - Simon  Corney is very much interested In getting revenue streams into the club. I happen to know that the video where he pulled TLH signing off the Rochdale Road End was because they hadn't paid us their sponsorship fee (ironic I know) 

Simons so interested in getting the revenue streams into the club that he sidestepped the Trust over the scoreboard and set up another company (LED Media) around the same time the perimeter boards were installed. Wonder where the money from those boards went :rolleyes:

Edited by boundaryblue80

6 hours ago, Buckshawlatic said:

Corney has his faults no doubt but he has kept the club going (whether he's kept it going well is up for debate) - Simon Blitz and Danny Gazal are both a fucking disgrace and how on Earth they don't get the same, or more wrath and criticism that Corney does is beyond me. They milked their white knight act till the financial crash then pulled the plug at the first opportunity- they now both sit in the OEC taking its day to day money whilst letting the club have a few pounds from pie sales on a match day.

Corney has at least faced the fans a few times - id love an audience with those two bastards 

6 hours ago, rigsby said:

agree 100% doubt youll see them 2 snivelling tw**s anywhere near BP again

Interesting to see these two posts. Similar to a post I wrote 11 months ago on here about TTA (the Three Assetstrippers)...not only does my post still stand but we can add more embargo’s, court appearances and a visit to Necarcu for a 2nd loan to the list. And the ever decreasing circle has got to a size that seems close to collapse....

boundaryblue80     263

• boundaryblue80
  • OWTB Member
  • 4,153 posts

Posted November 22, 2016 (edited) · 

Dec 2015 - Club struggles to pay players

Dec 2015 - Club borrows £241k from Necarcu Ltd

Mar 2016 - Club arranges get rich quick scheme with ST offer (presumably to pay Necarcu Ltd back)

Mar 2016 - Club sees Latics win 3 games which reduces ST's by £150 each (the gamble backfired)

May 2016 - Club reduces wage bill to complete minimum for 2 months of close season by reducing playing staff to 5 players

June 2016 - Club faces winding up order but settles this to avoid any further action

July 2016 - Nov 2106 - Club appoints rookie manager & cobbles together a side. Club sees barely any more ST's bought due to March offer while pay on the day is so poor the club reduce the prices to £15.

Nov 2016 - Transfer Embargo on club

-----------------------------------------------------

It's not hard to join the dots above.

I don't think it's hard to see what happens next. The club isn't being sold lock & stock. Not until houses are built all behind the Chaddy, over Little Wembley and wherever else they can fit them. The monies will finish off the OEC. Then they will be able to command the extortionate (if the £24m figure is true...which I've heard from a few people I would expect to know or have a good idea of) amount for the club, land and stand. So in the meantime, this austerity continues to the breaking point. It feels closer and closer with each chapter from Corneys book.

The short term plan now (if you can call this a plan) is that we either have to beat Lincoln and pull a top side in the Cup (get lucky again basically.) Or we have to go borrowing from Necarcu Ltd or whoever else again. The problem with borrowing is that the ever decreasing circle has shrank to almost nothing. We have no players as saleable assets, we have no sell-on clauses left coz we've cashed them in, we have barely any pay on the day attendees. We might be able to do another Season Ticket get-rich quick scheme in the new year......but you see where this goes.....

We have a gambler...a proper chancer in charge of us. And he's won a couple of Liverpool ties to stave the wolf from the door, dodging bullets along the way. To the point there's virtually nothing left. The only way Corney could save himself any more angst from Latics fans is he turns the tables and points the gun squarely at Blitz, Gazal and the whole Brassbank set up. It is these people who have the keys to the land. They will say OAFC is nothing to do with them and OEC is everything to the project before they can sell it for the amount they are looking for. Where will OAFC be by then???

Let me put it another way...Simon won't be having a very good Xmas and I've no doubt he will be doing his nut over our situation should we lose to Lincoln. Meanwhile, his two mates sit counting their cash over their Xmas dinner without a worry in the World. There's no way us fans can pressure Blitz and Gazal so Corney cops it. Rightly so. If he genuinely gives a :censored: about OAFC it's up to him to get his mates to cut their losses and sell us and let a new potential owner build on the rest of BP while actually giving a :censored: about us too. Otherwise...he continues to receive the :censored: he does while we nosedive further and further.

Edited by boundaryblue80

9 hours ago, ChaddySmoker said:

Ask yourself why is it always bad news? How many times have Rochdale or Bury or Bradford not paid their salaries? I cannot remember any!

We all wish that it didnt happen but it does and not just the once or even twice. Meeting staff wages is a legal and professional responsibility in any business.

It is not your Salary and it is not mine but some of us are not so content to simply say 'there have been assurances.'

If Salary commitments were met on time you wouldnt hear or read a thing about it. Then there wouldnt be headlines in CAPITAL LETTERS.

I agree, it isn't my salary that has not been paid. It's out of the fans' hands, though, isn't it? We can only pay for the product we want to watch...either that or go somewhere else, if we are basing our support on the club's business model and activities. As for the "assurances", if my employer didn't pay me and then gave no assurances as to when and how I would be paid, I would not be going in to work until I got them.

Nothing personal against 'Oafcshuck' but putting a headline in capital letters and then stating the situation [CRISIS] as fact...well, it's not necessary. We won't know for sure until the club releases more information. If they ever do.

31 minutes ago, Wardie said:

I agree, it isn't my salary that has not been paid. It's out of the fans' hands, though, isn't it? We can only pay for the product we want to watch...either that or go somewhere else, if we are basing our support on the club's business model and activities. As for the "assurances", if my employer didn't pay me and then gave no assurances as to when and how I would be paid, I would not be going in to work until I got them.

Nothing personal against 'Oafcshuck' but putting a headline in capital letters and then stating the situation [CRISIS] as fact...well, it's not necessary. We won't know for sure until the club releases more information. If they ever do.

Ok. If you want to be pendantic about it lets look at it another way...

Its only NOT a crisis because the players haven’t done what you yourself would do had you not been paid. Coz if they did it would be forfeited Fixtures, points deductions, fines from the FA and more. Maybe then you’d consider it a crisis. 

8 hours ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Interesting to see these two posts. Similar to a post I wrote 11 months ago on here about TTA (the Three Assetstrippers)...not only does my post still stand but we can add more embargo’s, court appearances and a visit to Necarcu for a 2nd loan to the list. And the ever decreasing circle has got to a size that seems close to collapse....

boundaryblue80     263

• boundaryblue80
  • OWTB Member
  • 4,153 posts

Posted November 22, 2016 (edited) · 

Dec 2015 - Club struggles to pay players

Dec 2015 - Club borrows £241k from Necarcu Ltd

Mar 2016 - Club arranges get rich quick scheme with ST offer (presumably to pay Necarcu Ltd back)

Mar 2016 - Club sees Latics win 3 games which reduces ST's by £150 each (the gamble backfired)

May 2016 - Club reduces wage bill to complete minimum for 2 months of close season by reducing playing staff to 5 players

June 2016 - Club faces winding up order but settles this to avoid any further action

July 2016 - Nov 2106 - Club appoints rookie manager & cobbles together a side. Club sees barely any more ST's bought due to March offer while pay on the day is so poor the club reduce the prices to £15.

Nov 2016 - Transfer Embargo on club

-----------------------------------------------------

It's not hard to join the dots above.

I don't think it's hard to see what happens next. The club isn't being sold lock & stock. Not until houses are built all behind the Chaddy, over Little Wembley and wherever else they can fit them. The monies will finish off the OEC. Then they will be able to command the extortionate (if the £24m figure is true...which I've heard from a few people I would expect to know or have a good idea of) amount for the club, land and stand. So in the meantime, this austerity continues to the breaking point. It feels closer and closer with each chapter from Corneys book.

The short term plan now (if you can call this a plan) is that we either have to beat Lincoln and pull a top side in the Cup (get lucky again basically.) Or we have to go borrowing from Necarcu Ltd or whoever else again. The problem with borrowing is that the ever decreasing circle has shrank to almost nothing. We have no players as saleable assets, we have no sell-on clauses left coz we've cashed them in, we have barely any pay on the day attendees. We might be able to do another Season Ticket get-rich quick scheme in the new year......but you see where this goes.....

We have a gambler...a proper chancer in charge of us. And he's won a couple of Liverpool ties to stave the wolf from the door, dodging bullets along the way. To the point there's virtually nothing left. The only way Corney could save himself any more angst from Latics fans is he turns the tables and points the gun squarely at Blitz, Gazal and the whole Brassbank set up. It is these people who have the keys to the land. They will say OAFC is nothing to do with them and OEC is everything to the project before they can sell it for the amount they are looking for. Where will OAFC be by then???

Let me put it another way...Simon won't be having a very good Xmas and I've no doubt he will be doing his nut over our situation should we lose to Lincoln. Meanwhile, his two mates sit counting their cash over their Xmas dinner without a worry in the World. There's no way us fans can pressure Blitz and Gazal so Corney cops it. Rightly so. If he genuinely gives a :censored: about OAFC it's up to him to get his mates to cut their losses and sell us and let a new potential owner build on the rest of BP while actually giving a :censored: about us too. Otherwise...he continues to receive the :censored: he does while we nosedive further and further.

I agree with much of this. In my view, Simon Corney is a good guy who has kept us going when there was nobody else to do it, but if we don't get someone with more money, more ability and better friends asap then we are in big trouble. As I said last night, maybe the new investors are on a go slow to put the pressure on SC as the cash runs out and thereby give themselves the power to close a good deal. I really hope that's the case and that we see them come to an agreement soon and announce a lovely new structure where all this old baggage is gone and we have real investment. 

1 hour ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Ok. If you want to be pendantic about it lets look at it another way...

Its only NOT a crisis because the players haven’t done what you yourself would do had you not been paid. Coz if they did it would be forfeited Fixtures, points deductions, fines from the FA and more. Maybe then you’d consider it a crisis. 

Yes, I agree, if the players and staff walked out, then it would be a definite crisis for the club.
It may come to that. We don't know...yet.

48 minutes ago, 24hoursfromtulsehill said:

Every time someone doesn’t get paid for the work they’ve done - even for a day - civilisation itself takes a backward step. Nice to know we’re at the forefront of modern slavery. 

We should nationalise football

1 minute ago, Magister said:

We should nationalise football

Let's put it this way. I'll give £1 to your penny that the PFA is seeing the players through this shit. I'm also willing to bet that the non-unionised staff are either into the petty cash or just simply going without, which is an absolute abomination.

18 hours ago, Gentleman said:

I'd be surprised if we're even paying for Wellens' services.

He wasn't being paid as a coach as SC himself said in an interview if I'm not mistaken. He took the opportunity to get much needed experience.

2 hours ago, 24hoursfromtulsehill said:

Every time someone doesn’t get paid for the work they’ve done - even for a day - civilisation itself takes a backward step. Nice to know we’re at the forefront of modern slavery. 

Exacerbated by people - mentioning no names - who get paid with tax dollars for the work they don't do.

I know football clubs are always seen as being something different, but is there any other type of business which would just continue running up loses on a daily basis and then look for someone to pump in new investment every 6 months to keep it afloat without any prospect of  change. Unfortunately the club needs match income and income from other business activities to keep it going, and unless it starts to bring in more than it spends, inevitably it will go bust, the same as any other business. People don't attend games, there is no income to get decent players, the results are poor and so people don't attend games, its just a vicious circle of decline that will only end one way.