Blackpool (H)

Hamer and Edmondson must of tagged teamed Wellens missus to not be getting a look in - in what must be our worst defence ever, Wilson has always been bullied in the air and his only real strength was his consistency which now seems to have gone to pot, weird one for me selection wise is Holloway who week in week out tends to offer something but is constantly overlooked for a start.

16 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Hamer and Edmondson must of tagged teamed Wellens missus to not be getting a look in - in what must be our worst defence ever, Wilson has always been bullied in the air and his only real strength was his consistency which now seems to have gone to pot, weird one for me selection wise is Holloway who week in week out tends to offer something but is constantly overlooked for a start.

Holloway offers something when coming on as sub. He has been mediocre at best when starting. 

I'd have been picking Wilson ahead of Edmundson, but think Edmundson now deserves a chance. The player that needs replacing most for me is Fane, it could be that he is knackered especially given the extra training he was putting in. His lack of quality with the ball has always been apparent but his lack of quality without the ball was very obvious to me yesterday. 

16 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

Holloway offers something when coming on as sub. He has been mediocre at best when starting. 

I'd have been picking Wilson ahead of Edmundson, but think Edmundson now deserves a chance. The player that needs replacing most for me is Fane, it could be that he is knackered especially given the extra training he was putting in. His lack of quality with the ball has always been apparent but his lack of quality without the ball was very obvious to me yesterday. 

Wilson was exposed  at Wigan RM, mind you not many will slip a killer pass through like Nick Powell in this league. If Fane and Davies are on the  team sheet as starting  on Monday my heart will sink. (if they are and we win 5-0  it will rise again though).

20 hours ago, BP1960 said:

What changes do you think will be made against Blackpool? 

This may surprise many but I'd bring in Tom Hamer at right back. 

Edmundson for Bryan at centre back with Bryan replacing Fane. 

Midfield needs a shake up with  McEleny starting and up from Nazon must come in for Davies. 

I have a feeling RW has had enough of the erratic Byrne and Benya may get another chance. 

I agree BP especially about bringing in Hamer and Edmundson. Also I would like to see Nepo given a chance instead of Pringle. 

Despite having a big squad we dont appear to actually have alot of strength in depth. If Maouche or Omrani had anything about them they would have got a few more games by now even as subs.

I suppose we could bring in Edmondson at CB and push Bryan into midfield dropping Fane but only if Gerrard is back would I want to do that. 

Looks as though game will be on as not freezing, but conditions will be awful.  Pitch will be either a mud bath or sand pit depending on ground staff approach.  None of which suits or pre christmas on the ground football.

Frankly I am worried.  Fortunately/hopefully quite a number of teams around us in the league are not very good either.  Still in our hands though.  Need a win tomorrow or I think panic will set in and adventurous team selection, as BP suggests, will be out of the question.  

A win might just take us a long way on Monday. By my reckoning all of the teams around us look likely to struggle. Never works out that way does it but there's the potential for real progress if we can put in a performance.

4 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

What sort of games has Hamer been playing in?

Or for that matter any of the "reserves"?

The only game I've seen Hamer play was against Leicester U 21s.He did OK, a couple of decent runs down the right and has a long throw but  still would be a gamble.Def one to bring on next season but I'd rather have experience at this crucial time.We can and will play much better. Just want all the team in before training to look at the full video of the Wigan game and the lack of passion and the lack of keeping the ball and giveaways which are costing us dearly.Came away feeling gutted by the lack of desire.Must start with Nazam and Doyle Imo. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Flemboy said:

The only game I've seen Hamer play was against Leicester U 21s.He did OK, a couple of decent runs down the right and has a long throw but  still would be a gamble.Def one to bring on next season but I'd rather have experience at this crucial time.We can and will play much better. Just want all the team in before training to look at the full video of the Wigan game and the lack of passion and the lack of keeping the ball and giveaways which are costing us dearly.Came away feeling gutted by the lack of desire.Must start with Nazam and Doyle Imo. 

If you saw Hunt at Wigan you would have seen that he's a bigger gamble than Hamer in the current situation, he's nowhere near fully fit. 

4 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

What sort of games has Hamer been playing in?

Or for that matter any of the "reserves"?

Doesn't matter, he's far fittter than Hunt. 

He will be training regularly with the first team so will easily slot in. 

1 minute ago, BP1960 said:

If you saw Hunt at Wigan you would have seen that he's a bigger gamble than Hamer in the current situation, he's nowhere near fully fit. 

Yes I did and Hunt was woeful and not fit.Their left winger tore into him.That is why I feel we should play Wilson.He is still fit for his age and has the experience.I know some won't agree but I feel he is the best we have to cover that role but will need  some support.

6 hours ago, Flemboy said:

Tom Hamer won man of the match in that game. Surely if he’s fitter than Hunt, throws a ball into the opposition penalty area like a bullet , can cross a ball better than hunt or Wilson he’s worth a try. At least he will give you commitment and a lot of our players are sadly lacking that at the moment.

51 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

I'm not in a big rush to write Hunt off based on one match.

Toughest test he’ll face and first game back. 

I’d keep him in, even with his average length throw ins. 

2 hours ago, deyres42 said:

I'm not in a big rush to write Hunt off based on one match.

Some of the passing by many of them when under no pressure was poor, can't blame that on lack of fitness. 

Edited by BP1960

17 hours ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

What we thinking then?

Does this have any chance of going ahead? Seems the forecast has changed to rain wonder if the pitch will drain.

What’s it like in Oldham as thick snow where I live?