Oxford vs Latics

Bottom 4 again......cant really afford to lose this and a win would drag Oxford properly into the mix. With Walsall, Dale, and Dons to play it’s in our own hands. Think we’ll need 53 points to stay up, it’s squeaky bum time!!

6 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

A point here isnt a bad result

It is when the standard of the opposition was very poor. Win for the taking there.

Players didnt know where to play, pass and build up play in the final third was so painfully slow it allowed Oxford to get all their men behind the ball before anything could happen.

Substitution of Holloway came about 20 mins too late.

We were in a good position at one point this season but Wellens has flattered to deceive. We should not be fighting for survival, talk of that in December would have been met with laughter.

Get this season done, get him gone and lets go again. Painful viewing this afternoon.

3 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

It is when the standard of the opposition was very poor. Win for the taking there.

Players didnt know where to play, pass and build up play in the final third was so painfully slow it allowed Oxford to get all their men behind the ball before anything could happen.

Substitution of Holloway came about 20 mins too late.

We were in a good position at one point this season but Wellens has flattered to deceive. We should not be fighting for survival, talk of that in December would have been met with laughter.

Get this season done, get him gone and lets go again. Painful viewing this afternoon.

My gut agrees with you. I think he does flatter to deceive. 

BUT. If he keeps us up, i think it would harsh to sack him. 

2 minutes ago, League one forever said:

My gut agrees with you. I think he does flatter to deceive. 

BUT. If he keeps us up, i think it would harsh to sack him. 

We shouldn’t be in this position to begin with.. Staying up is the absolute bare minimum. If it was Corney’s club then he would obviously stay, but from what people have said on here, he doesn’t seem to have totally impressed the people upstairs. 

I actually enjoyed that- maybe in the minority it seems!! Thought it was very open and end to end.  We got ourselves into some great areas and choked, tried the wrong pass and showed a lack of composure.  We were slow at times when a quick counter with the right pass would of gotten us in.  Would of taken a point beforehand although i feel we could of had 3 today, just the right pass was missing.

Think on another day we get at least one pen, not sure who broke into the box for the second shout but it looked a pen, why fall if your through? (My logic anyway).

Thought the reshuffle at the back was going to hurt us but it actually worked pretty well.  Thought the back line coped okay.

We move on.  Still in our own hands.

On a side note was it Byrne who seemed to be mouthing at someone from Oxford just outside the tunnel at full time? 

2 minutes ago, deckyd said:

On a side note was it Byrne who seemed to be mouthing at someone from Oxford just outside the tunnel at full time? 

Moimbe was playing to the boos from the crowd on his way up the tunnel when the bald bloke from Oxford appeared to say something, so Byrne got himself involved in a slight fracas.