On 10 June 2018 at 6:19 PM, BP1960 said:

A very good insight I think into the role of a supporters trust and confidentiality clarification.

http://www.supporters-direct.scot/a-guide-to-negotiating-supporter-representation/

they have been very accommodating to try and adapt our model into their membership scheme.  recently. Jorvik has been working with them, took time out to meet them etc as they are very interested on how our model  works as not all clubs have board level representation.

i would even say, bend over backwards to get us to join.

we are still keeping an open dialogue with them

Edited by underdog

Tonight, Simon Brooke gave us his monthly update with regards to his Trust role at the club, an overview of the last month since our last meeting and the update with the additional voluntary unpaid work he has been doing to support our club on the commercial side since Billy left approx march time this season.

Simon was not on the club payroll during the take over and it is no secret that Al has relied on his his honesty, advice and opinions with regards to the club and us fans, because of this fact. This was back up in the Trust statement last week the Trust/club relationship has moved forward from the flatline postion it was in Corneys care. I can understand too how this transaparency has lead into a mutual understanding and appreciation of each other's skills to benefit our club.

There will be an announcement soon with an update from your Trust rep and When the AGM is.

I am satisfied knowing Simon, his character and that he genuinely wants to help our club to be in a better place, that there has been no conflict of interest. It's understandable that you  may not want to accept my view at present , but the impending announcement I hope will clarify this.

Thanks for your patience

5 minutes ago, underdog said:

Tonight, Simon Brooke gave us his monthly update with regards to his Trust role at the club, an overview of the last month since our last meeting and the update with the additional voluntary unpaid work he has been doing to support our club on the commercial side since Billy left approx march time this season.

Simon was not on the club payroll during the take over and it is no secret that Al has relied on his his honesty, advice and opinions with regards to the club and us fans, because of this fact. This was back up in the Trust statement last week the Trust/club relationship has moved forward from the flatline postion it was in Corneys care. I can understand too how this transaparency has lead into a mutual understanding and appreciation of each other's skills to benefit our club.

There will be an announcement soon with an update from your Trust rep and When the AGM is.

I am satisfied knowing Simon, his character and that he genuinely wants to help our club to be in a better place, that there has been no conflict of interest. It's understandable that you  may not want to accept my view at present , but the impending announcement I hope will clarify this.

Thanks for your patience

Thanks for that clarification.

Any word on what's happening at the club regarding everything else?

19 minutes ago, underdog said:

Thanks for your patience

Sorry if I'm missing it - is he employed by the club now?

I can see it that he has worked voluntarily and that he wasn't on the payroll during the takeover, but no answer to the main question of this thread.

As above, I may have missed it. If so, apologies.

19 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Thanks for that clarification.

Any word on what's happening at the club regarding everything else?

We are in transition and I'll be honest I don't know or privvy to everything, nor should I beyond the Trust remit but here goes....

We have listened to the overview with regards to why the manager has left and I agree, the potential line up of new managers we have in the pipeline, potential new board members for our club and reason why Barry is back helping with the transition until we can get key people in.

Barry, granted, is not everyone's cup of tea but he has our clubs survival at heart, has knowledge that pre-dates Si Brooke on our club and is here to help with the transition. That is two fans representation you now have at the club, one past one present, I hope it would give you some piece of mind.

It's not going to be an overnight fix. We have to be patient and believe in the key people that are in play at the moment.

It's late and I'm tired so I hope this makes sense as I've suddenly developed symptoms of hayfever after 47 years and I want to take my eyeballs out and soak them overnight....it's taken me an age to write and rewrite after reading my bloody typo's. So I'm logging out for the night

cheers

Edited by underdog
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, jsslatic said:

Sorry if I'm missing it - is he employed by the club now?

I can see it that he has worked voluntarily and that he wasn't on the payroll during the takeover, but no answer to the main question of this thread.

As above, I may have missed it. If so, apologies.

Sorry JSS....there will be an update soon from your Trust rep and AGM- thanks

4 minutes ago, underdog said:

We are in transition and I'll be honest I don't know or privvy to everything, nor should I beyond the Trust remit but here goes....

We have listened to the overview with regards to why the manager has left and I agree, the potential line up of new managers we have in the pipeline, potential new board members for our club and reason why Barry is back helping with the transition until we can get key people in.

Barry, granted, is not everyone's cup of tea but he has our clubs survival at heart, has knowledge that pre-dates Si Brooke on our club and is here to help with the transition. That is two fans representation you now have at the club, one past one present, I hope it would give you some piece of mind.

It's not going to be an overnight fix. We have to be patient and believe in the key people that are in play at the moment.

It's late and I'm tired so I hope this makes sense as I've suddenly developed symptoms of hayfever after 47 years and I want to take my eyeballs out and soak them overnight....it's taken me an age to write and rewrite after reading my bloody typo's. Do I'm logging out for the night

cheers

I admire the fact that you always try to tackle these questions but please try to avoid describing Barry as a fans' rep!  Even he objected to that description at a time when that's exactly what he was supposed to be!

1 minute ago, Stevie_J said:

I admire the fact that you always try to tackle these questions but please try to avoid describing Barry as a fans' rep!  Even he objected to that description at a time when that's exactly what he was supposed to be!

Okies, thanks for the feedback...now I am going to soak my eyeballs for the night.

night all

Any timescale on the managerial appointment?

I got impression someone was lined up if Wellens was sacked via a phone call whilst he was on holiday in Mexico.  

The transfer window shuts earlier now (doesn’t it?) and with training, we need to get the right appointment in as soon as possible.

Regarding boardroom reshuffle; Barry was firmly part of the Corney regime so why sack MM and bring Barry back?  Hopefully talk of new board members bring expertise plus financial backing - some of AL’s Dubai mates?

8 hours ago, Stevie_J said:

Agree. It took a post from one of Lee Sinnotts sources to actually reveal Barry is back in the fold and without that I assume the trust would have witheld  that info from us.

To then spin it off as a positive to fans is laughable. Hes the most disliked club official I can remember (bar the obvious) and a true Corneyist. If Corney's regime was that bad as AL and the trust have stated, why bring back his right hand man? 

Edited by LaticsLegend

8 minutes ago, LaticsLegend said:

Agree. It took a post from one of Lee Sinnotts sources to actually reveal Barry is back in the fold and without that I assume the trust would have witheld  that info from us.

To then spin it off as a positive to fans is laughable. Hes the most disliked club official I can remember (bar the obvious) and a true Corneyist. If Corney's regime was that bad as AL and the trust have stated, why bring back his right hand man? 

I'm calling top trumps in the Barry Appreciation Society, but him and Corney couldn't stand each other's guts.

25 minutes ago, latics22 said:

I think Barry gets a bit of a rough ride from the fans. He came out and spoke to them, when it was all a mess. I personally believe he does have the clubs best interest at heart

The man is a very clumsy orator. If he has skills & uses for the owner behind the scenes, fine, that’s where he should remain.

10 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

The man is a very clumsy orator. If he has skills & uses for the owner behind the scenes, fine, that’s where he should remain.

He’s just VERY northern. Don’t think he’s a bad person tho. But your point is fair.

10 hours ago, underdog said:

It's late and I'm tired so I hope this makes sense as I've suddenly developed symptoms of hayfever after 47 years and I want to take my eyeballs out and soak them overnight....it's taken me an age to write and rewrite after reading my bloody typo's. So I'm logging out for the night

cheers

Knowledge of how to badly manage the club, and become a media travesty. Hopefully he is there as a "dont do anything we did" reminder.

5 hours ago, lookersstandandy said:

5 hours ago, latics22 said:

He’s just VERY northern. Don’t think he’s a bad person tho. But your point is fair.

I think you're being very charitable.  It was very clear to me that he fucking despised his fellow fans and the Trust position was nothing but a nuisance to him - a route to what he really wanted, which was a job in football.

And don't forget this is a man who asked solicitors to monitor the content of OWTB and threatened legal action, on the basis that people were posting about how fucking useless a fans' representative he was.

He can fuck right off, as far as I'm concerned.

10 minutes ago, Stevie_J said:

I think you're being very charitable.  It was very clear to me that he fucking despised his fellow fans and the Trust position was nothing but a nuisance to him - a route to what he really wanted, which was a job in football.

And don't forget this is a man who asked solicitors to monitor the content of OWTB and threatened legal action, on the basis that people were posting about how fucking useless a fans' representative he was.

He can fuck right off, as far as I'm concerned.

For clarity, can we say you're not a fan..?!

I find it odd that our best source of info from the club or about the club is Sinnot. 

The trust seems so shrouded in self imposed mystery. They very rarely give an answer to what they know. An before anyone says it, I’m not talking about anything confidential! Neither I am talking about how many biscuits are left in the boardroom. Sometimes it’s as simple as does x work there anymore, or has x left.  I really get the impression they like being ‘on the inside’ and having a little bit of knowledge. But it begs the question, shouldnt we all be given every bit of info that isn’t confidential?  Is it right or fair that as a group that represents fans, we know so little of what they know?

We seem to have layers of knowledge at the club. 

AL.

Some people who may or may not work at the club. 

The day to day staff. 

Lee Sinnot.

The Trust. 

The rest of us. 

I can only dream of Sinnot’s knowledge, but I would like some more parity with the trust. 

8 minutes ago, League one forever said:

I find it odd that our best source of info from the club or about the club is Sinnot. 

The trust seems so shrouded in self imposed mystery. They very rarely give an answer to what they know. An before anyone says it, I’m not talking about anything confidential! Neither I am talking about how many biscuits are left in the boardroom. Sometimes it’s as simple as does x work there anymore, or has x left.  I really get the impression they like being ‘on the inside’ and having a little bit of knowledge. But it begs the question, shouldnt we all be given every bit of info that isn’t confidential?  Is it right or fair that as a group that represents fans, we know so little of what they know?

AL.

The day to day staff. 

Lee Sinnot.

The Trust. 

The rest of us. 

I can only dream of Sinnot’s knowledge, but I would like some more parity with the trust. 

I think you need to temper your expectations of the Trust.

Im happy for trust directors and the trust director on the board to know more than me about what goes on at the club. I dont need to know all the detail and quite frankly it would be bad practice of them to tell us all and sundry.

The fact that some of you demand to know as much as they do yet show no effort whatsoever to get involved when they ask for help smacks of entitlement.

If you want to know more get involved if not (like me) then fine but drop the paranoia.

1 hour ago, League one forever said:

AL.

The day to day staff. 

Lee Sinnot.

The Trust. 

The rest of us. 

Its not the Trusts remit to know about personnel at the club. That's the business of the club

We here to ensue the club's survival. The last 12 months we have worked hard to secure the ACV on the club, the first in the borough at the time. Attempted various fund raising to ensure the war chest is boosted, Been ever vigilant with regards to the change of ownership.

What do you think we do?...seriously, what do think the Role of the Trust is and how we can monitor this with 12 volunteers who meet once a month for approx. 2hrs?

Thanks

22 minutes ago, underdog said:

Its not the Trusts remit to know about personnel at the club. That's the business of the club

We here to ensue the club's survival. The last 12 months we have worked hard to secure the ACV on the club, the first in the borough at the time. Attempted various fund raising to ensure the war chest is boosted, Been ever vigilant with regards to the change of ownership.

What do you think we do?...seriously, what do think the Role of the Trust is and how we can monitor this with 12 volunteers who meet once a month for approx. 2hrs?

Thanks

I’ve never doubted how much you give. Or that your volunteers. Or that that you try and raise important money for the club. 

Your missing the point. 

Simply put. 

I think the trust are told things from time to time that they deem private. An in the grand scheme things, there not. 

In addtion. 

I dont believe that 1 fan. (Sinnot) Can know more basic information about the club than than a small group of people who have semi regular contact with various people at the club, and whose primary concern is the survival of the club. 

If that IS the case, then we are a lot more in the dark than I thought. 

5 minutes ago, League one forever said:

I’ve never doubted how much you give. Or that your volunteers. Or that that you try and raise important money for the club. 

Your missing the point. 

Simply put. 

I think the trust are told things from time to time that they deem private. An in the grand scheme things, there not. 

In addtion. 

I dont believe that 1 fan. (Sinnot) Can know more basic information about the club than than a small group of people who have semi regular contact with various people at the club, and whose primary concern is the survival of the club. 

If that IS the case, then we are a lot more in the dark than I thought. 

You want the Trust to confirm or deny every rumour on here, Twitter and in the pub, and make an official statement about everything we hear that isn't legally confidential. Or presumably make a statement saying that we don't know.

Hate to be the one to have to say it, but it ain't happening.