Transfer Rumours

4 minutes ago, Doctor_Worm said:

Hello, didn’t think I’d ever be posting on here again, but as a former lifelong Latics fan who jumped ship to Fylde about 4 years ago and has had a season ticket up there for the last 3, I thought I’d give you a run down on Danny Rowe

Danny Rowe is a Fylde legend, who up until this season was a goal scoring machine. This season he has looked uninterested since August. But, he has one of the hardest shots I’ve ever seen and it’s accurate too. Give him the ball within 23 yards of goal in space and he will score 70%+ of the time. 

The guy takes an amazing free kick, he is a threat from anywhere within 35 years of goal and generally his passing and crossing are excellent. 

There is obviously a downside, otherwise he wouldn’t be playing in the NL. Don’t play a through ball for Rowey, unless it’s within 3 yards of him he isn’t chasing it, and if he does, he isn’t blessed with pace, in fact he is very slow, he will be outpaced by all but the fattest. Also don’t play it in the air to him, for a man of 6’1” his heading is poor. He can flick the odd ball on, but it’s usually in the wrong direction 

He also goes missing for large chunks of games, and you would describe the guy as lazy, but you can forgive him this as he would usually pop up with a goal.

The most annoying thing about Rowey is when this are not going his way, he gets very frustrated, his reaction to this is to completely go missing, start kicking people or shooting from impossible angles and positions.

Really the only way to get the best out of him is to have 10 other players on the pitch who’s sole focus is to find Danny Rowe in space in and around the box, do that and your laughing

Like I said earlier in the thread he's looked disinterested this season, maybe looking for the move? Although strangely the couple of games I watched he appeared to be playing in a deeper role in midfield, moaning like a bitch when things didn't go his way. Always liked him though and I'm pretty sure Corney offered about 10k for him about three seasons ago which unsurprisingly was rejected, would of preferred to have seen him in a team with the likes of Surridge and Lang at the start of last season but you have to say it is a step in the right direction and hopefully means ML has been kicked into touch with regards to recruitment.

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Doctor_Worm said:

Hello, didn’t think I’d ever be posting on here again, but as a former lifelong Latics fan who jumped ship to Fylde about 4 years ago and has had a season ticket up there for the last 3, I thought I’d give you a run down on Danny Rowe

Danny Rowe is a Fylde legend, who up until this season was a goal scoring machine. This season he has looked uninterested since August. But, he has one of the hardest shots I’ve ever seen and it’s accurate too. Give him the ball within 23 yards of goal in space and he will score 70%+ of the time. 

The guy takes an amazing free kick, he is a threat from anywhere within 35 years of goal and generally his passing and crossing are excellent. 

There is obviously a downside, otherwise he wouldn’t be playing in the NL. Don’t play a through ball for Rowey, unless it’s within 3 yards of him he isn’t chasing it, and if he does, he isn’t blessed with pace, in fact he is very slow, he will be outpaced by all but the fattest. Also don’t play it in the air to him, for a man of 6’1” his heading is poor. He can flick the odd ball on, but it’s usually in the wrong direction 

He also goes missing for large chunks of games, and you would describe the guy as lazy, but you can forgive him this as he would usually pop up with a goal.

The most annoying thing about Rowey is when this are not going his way, he gets very frustrated, his reaction to this is to completely go missing, start kicking people or shooting from impossible angles and positions.

Really the only way to get the best out of him is to have 10 other players on the pitch who’s sole focus is to find Danny Rowe in space in and around the box, do that and your laughing

Hey pal thanks for the detailed run down on the lad. 

downvote. 

you don’t change teams. 

fuck off. 

21 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Hey pal thanks for the detailed run down on the lad. 

downvote. 

you don’t change teams. 

fuck off. 

Hahahaha 

I already did 

cheerio 

2 hours ago, unsworthlatic said:

Good signing Danny Rowe I reckon. Proven goalscorer in non-league.

That said, it would worry meeting if we have parted with anything like £350,000 for his services given that he's nearly 30 years old

If we have parted with that much it makes all the other signings seem so bizarre. It seems we will have really pushed the boat out for this one yet spent so much on really average shit.

This could be a very good signing but Im not having it that AL has taken a massive change in direction.

45 minutes ago, Doctor_Worm said:

"Your laughing". Sad times. 

12 minutes ago, fleetwood Blue said:

All a bit Steve Whitehall this

I totally disregard what Dr Worm said, as that is his opinion and I don't have to put any credence in what he is saying. It could be a good bit of business by the club, only time will tell, so fingers crossed the lad does the business, fits in with the team and Maamria's playing style. I am definitely not a fan of AL and whoever got this deal over the line...especially if there were any other clubs in for him...it's a job well done.

AFC Fylde are bottom half in the National League, let's hope Rowe can make the small step up to League Two and deliver the goals Latics are missing.

Welcome to the club.

Just now, BP1960 said:

Not really, Rowe is far stronger and knows exactly what he's doing. Give him the service and he will score- even for us.

He looks a big unit, if his arms are bigger than Maamria's, then he will be on the bench. :D 

7 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Not really, Rowe is far stronger and knows exactly what he's doing. Give him the service and he will score- even for us.

Tongue in cheek comment, whitehall was garbage...

i played against Rowe when he was a kid and he’s as strong as an ox, not the quickest but he can definitely finish and he doesnt even rely on the service because he can put them in from anywhere...

it hasnt quite happened this season but he and a few others arent happy at Fylde and he had a transfer request turned down in the summer..

One thing i can say is he hasnt come to us for the money, he wants to play league football...His family are quite wealthy and own plenty of land in Staining ,Rowe himself was left enough to live off...might be why he chose us despite Ipswich being interested

1 hour ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

Is this the guy who was out of reach for most clubs willing to take the gamble coz of the money he earned as a spark?

Perhaps he’s doubling up - rewiring the main stand following an investigation by our health and safety guru on weekdays, centre forward on a Saturday. 

10 minutes ago, fleetwood Blue said:

Tongue in cheek comment, whitehall was garbage...

i played against Rowe when he was a kid and he’s as strong as an ox, not the quickest but he can definitely finish and he doesnt even rely on the service because he can put them in from anywhere...

it hasnt quite happened this season but he and a few others arent happy at Fylde and he had a transfer request turned down in the summer..

One thing i can say is he hasnt come to us for the money, he wants to play league football...His family are quite wealthy and own plenty of land in Staining ,Rowe himself was left enough to live off...might be why he chose us despite Ipswich being interested

Nice work Fleetwood 👍

Like you said, sometimes it's not all about money.

Archived