Beer - worst ever

There is another brewery in Greenfield now on Boarshurst Business Park. It's called Donkeystone Brewery and it is also very decent.

They have some of their beer in the recently refurbished Clarence.

1 hour ago, oafcprozac said:

Back in the day I used to like Carling Premier, before I started the health crusade I would purposely avoid regular carling, Fosters etc.. brother in law’s pub did Dortmunder Pils on draught and Dortmunder Union Vier which are excellent.

agree with Lees Lager and Holts, awful lagers...

Carling Premier was excellent. I couldnt get enough of it. The bravest thing i ever did was switching from OB bitter to CP.

Well, either that or taking on a four inch wolf spider with a 12 inch 2 meter garden shovel last Saturday morning.

14 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

The Budweiser at the World Cup semi final was surprisingly passable. 

Reasonable price and the fact you could drink it in your seat probably helped.... 

11 hours ago, leeslover said:

The Budweiser for the opening game of 2010 was passable too. Budweiser sponsored it and the lead singer of the house band advertised it as, "you can drink yourself into a cunt for absolutely free."

2 hours ago, rudemedic said:

Fosters being the worst of the lot, so bad that hardly anyone in Oz seemed to drink it. 

1 hour ago, oafcprozac said:

Pray for me As I’m on a bit of a weightloss crusade double whammy (3 1/2 stone off so far) with WW and ManvFat my drink of choice is now enduring bud light as it’s only 3 points per bottle or Becks. The pints have been knocked on the head and tbf it’s worked well. I’m alternating with pints of soda water too.*

*although I’m currently in Turkey and drinking gallons of EFES, still alternating with soda water to try and limit the damage on the scales when I get back ???☀️

Tenuous link oneupmanship alert. ;-)

They had ran out of stale and ale by 330, I had the “chicken dinner” was just chicken pie. Over cooked but not bad, no drink and pie for a fiver anymore. Think it was only £5.20 so not much more. 

Wasnt impressed by the paper signs for price tho 

10 minutes ago, latics22 said:

They had ran out of stale and ale by 330, I had the “chicken dinner” was just chicken pie. Over cooked but not bad, no drink and pie for a fiver anymore. Think it was only £5.20 so not much more. 

Wasnt impressed by the paper signs for price tho 

We are not great at letting our fans spend their money, stand I was in ran out of pies before 3.30, apparently they started off with about 30 so hardly surprising. 

2 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Or a breakfast pie for that matter.

Beans, sausage, some black stains that could have been mushroom at some point. Sounds shit, looked shit, tasted alright actually. 

Won't beat the Wigan ones, steak and mushy peas. That's the best pie I've had

If I was so inclined I would point out that discussing pies and beer is discriminatory to those who are gluten-free. ?

As it is you crack on, since going gluten-free one thing I don't miss is pies and beer at football. Although being able to eat something brought at a ground would be nice. 

2 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

We are not great at letting our fans spend their money, stand I was in ran out of pies before 3.30, apparently they started off with about 30 so hardly surprising. 

As I was running a bit late yesterday I gave the rifle range a miss and thought I would buy a pint in a plastic glass from the bar at the back of the rre. The bar was shut and the queue for the bottled beer was horrendous as that was the food outlet as well, only staffed by 2 young lads. The club may be missing a trick here. 

40 minutes ago, jsslatic said:

Think they said there's a veggie curry pie.

Yeah, Bombay Curry pie, which I'm told was nice. I don't see the need for 5 different beef ones (which I'd guess interested punters will take whatever is going) and no cheese though.