Jack Byrne ❤️

1 hour ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Jack, Good Luck and Good Bye.

Good luck Jack I hope you have learned a hard lesson that no footballer is bigger than the club they play for. Hope you get your attitude sorted because you can be a truly great player when you put your mind to it.

3 hours ago, League one forever said:

All hail Lemsagam! 

Finally an owner that puts the club first!

Whisper it, but we might just be a club that’s getting a decent reputation again.  One were fat bastards, gobshite’s, and delusions of grandeur aren’t welcome. 

Amen to that!!! 

I notice the likes of Clarke haven’t been hounded out.  I wonder why. . . 

Don’t want to get on board the good ship latics. . . . ?

Fuck.

Off. 

Bravo someone with some sense

45 minutes ago, Smiler13 said:

I have listened to all his interviews and when it’s been brought up he has always said that the matter was being dealt with internally and he would not comment on the issue. That’s always been his stance. So I think someone is making this up. He’s never stated in public that he wanted to keep Byrne. 

Yeah probably Smiler, lots of stuff needs to be taken with a pinch of salt on here, i recall some idiot in the Phillippines ages ago saying Byrne had already left the club. Laughable eh :)

Lets see how that one pans out its a shame its ended like this however Im glad we can now draw a line under it and move on. It became untenable him sat in the reserves like this and it would have been a mistake to bring him back into the fold after going so far down the line to ostracize him from the squad.

If he was refusing to do things like take part in training then Im quite happy for him to be fucked off, if you bring him back in after that he would walk all over the management and we can't have anyone do that no matter how talented.

Edited by GlossopLatic

16 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Lets see how that one pans out its a shame its ended like this however Im glad we can now draw a line under it and move on. It became untenable him sat in the reserves like this and it would have been a mistake to bring him back into the fold after going so far down the line to ostracize him from the squad.

If he was refusing to do things like take part in training then Im quite happy for him to be fucked off, if you bring him back in after that he would walk all over the management and we can't have anyone do that no matter how talented.

Why say things like ‘draw a line under it and move on’ and then proceed to repeat unsubstantiated probable bullshit like refusing to train?

Either draw your line and move on, or don’t.

9 hours ago, oafcprozac said:

Nope, Bunn made it clear at meet the manager event that Byrne wasn’t comforming to the new code of conduct. This was BEFORE he broke Fane’s leg, sulking because he didn’t agree with training twice a day... 

Fane broke his leg the day before we played Curzon Ashton. The meet the manager was the Monday after the Curzon game, I think... 

We’ve been literally complaining for over 10 years that we never sign a quality, ball playing midfielder, that we’ve “never replaced Wellens”. We finally get one and we release him.

We literally complain every season that we never sign a consistent goal scorer, last season we signed two, one of which we had the option to keep. We released him.

We deserve to be the bland, regressive club that we have become. 

Edited by PlayItLivo

5 hours ago, archiecat said:

Yeah probably Smiler, lots of stuff needs to be taken with a pinch of salt on here, i recall some idiot in the Phillippines ages ago saying Byrne had already left the club. Laughable eh :)

Well yes theoretically he had he’s never been near the first team for weeks. I told you all that he had gone and he had gone from being actively involved with the first team. Let’s all move on and wish him the best at Kilmarnock. 

8 minutes ago, PlayItLivo said:

We’ve been literally complaining for over 10 years that we never sign a quality, ball playing midfielder, that we’ve “never replaced Wellens”. We finally get one and we release him.

We literally complain every season that we never sign a consistent goal scorer, last season we signed two, one of which we had the option to keep. We released him.

Literally. 

2 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

Let’s see how tha one pans out it’s a shame it’s ended like this however I’m glad we can now draw a line under it and move on. It became untenable him sat in the reserves like this and it would have been a mistake to bring him back into the fold after going so far down the line to ostracize him from the squad.

Let’s see how that one pans out it’s a shame it’s ended like this however I’m glad we can now draw a line under it and move on.

1 hour ago, Monty Burns said:

Why say things like ‘draw a line under it and move on’ and then proceed to repeat unsubstantiated probable bullshit like refusing to train?

Either draw your line and move on, or don’t.

FTFY Monty - that better?

19 minutes ago, PlayItLivo said:

Just one slight problem with this. Neither of them wanted to play for us in League 2

30 minutes ago, PlayItLivo said:

Sorry but this is out of order, all I've seen in recent years is players and managers coming to our club and using it as a stepping stone or worse still running it down to suit their own agendas.

I'm chuffed to bits AL along with FB is taking us in a different direction and all the nob heads have been shifted out because I want them players to wear that shirt with pride and have enough about them to give their all on a Saturday afternoon despite what might be going on in the background.

Davies, Gerrard and Byrne are nothing more than self serving cunts who played a huge part in getting us relegated and didn't give a fuck, all were okay third tier footballers on their day but guess what as great as they thought they were they've ended up at Kilmarnock, Mansfield and Carlisle - says it all really.

Forget about these players because trust me they don't give a fuck about us and get behind the team we've got who at least will give us their all.

Edited by yarddog73
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, yarddog73 said:

Sorry but this is out of order, all I've seen in recent years is players and managers coming to our club and using it as a stepping stone or worse still running it down to suit there own agendas.

I'm chuffed to bits AL along with FB is taking us in a different direction and all the nob heads have been shifted out because I want them players to wear that shirt with pride and have enough about them to give their all on a Saturday afternoon despite what might be going on in the background.

Davies, Gerrard and Byrne are nothing more than self serving cunts who played a huge part in getting us relegated and didn't give a fuck, all were okay third tier footballers on their day but guess what as great as they thought they were they've ended up at Kilmarnock, Mansfield and Carlisle - says it all really.

Forget about these players because trust me they don't give a fuck about us and get behind the team we've got who at least will give us their all.

Which of the current squad don’t view OAFC as a stepping stone? Can guarantee every single one of them would be off for a decent enough pay rise. 

1 minute ago, Ryan said:

Which of the current squad don’t view OAFC as a stepping stone? Can guarantee every single one of them would be off for a decent enough pay rise. 

They won't stop playing and see us relegated to get what they want though, never had a problem with anyone wanting to better themselves but at the expense of my football club - they can get to fuck.

Don't underestimate the importance of having pride and good character in a dressing room, sadly last season we had little of either.

4 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

They won't stop playing and see us relegated to get what they want though, never had a problem with anyone wanting to better themselves but at the expense of my football club - they can get to fuck.

Don't underestimate the importance of having pride and good character in a dressing room, sadly last season we had little of either.

Every single player last season played a part in getting us relegated, some of that team who are still here were more responsible than Jack.

Some fans are convinced that the lads who still remain from last year turn up on a Saturday solely for their love of OAFC and everyone who has left over the summer is a self-serving egotist who wipes their arse with Latics themed toilet roll. Jack Byrne is not a Nile Ranger or Marlon King type character. He rejected other moves in January because he felt he owed the club some loyalty after giving him a route back into first-team football.

He had every right to be angry at Wellens for playing him in a position where he couldn't influence games as much, these bizarre tactical decisions were what cost us our League One status in the end. If Richie would've listened to Jack when he gave him lip for putting him out on the right for those final fixtures I'm convinced we'd have picked up another 2 points from somewhere. 

2 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Every single player last season played a part in getting us relegated, some of that team who are still here were more responsible than Jack.

Some fans are convinced that the lads who still remain from last year turn up on a Saturday solely for their love of OAFC and everyone who has left over the summer is a self-serving egotist who wipes their arse with Latics themed toilet roll. Jack Byrne is not a Nile Ranger or Marlon King type character. He rejected other moves in January because he felt he owed the club some loyalty after giving him a route back into first-team football.

He had every right to be angry at Wellens for playing him in a position where he couldn't influence games as much, these bizarre tactical decisions were what cost us our League One status in the end. If Richie would've listened to Jack when he gave him lip for putting him out on the right for those final fixtures I'm convinced we'd have picked up another 2 points from somewhere. 

So now our ex-player is a potential player-manager, if only Richie had listened to him............

By the way I've wished him good luck in an earlier post but can't see him doing much in Scotland, it can get very physical up there and he's not renowned for "counting to ten".

Hope he proves me wrong.