Andy Rhodes???

The timing of the statement is a pre-emptive defence on the backlash he's going to receive from all quarters for the sacking of Andy Rhodes who is popular amongst both players and fans. I'm really uneasy about all this. I'm expecting Bunn to be next after Saturday. The question is, what is AL's plan if Bunn goes? It better be a bloody good one. 

Just now, bluehobbit said:

Can we not have some stability for once..

Why do the lunatics always want to oafc  

We had League one stability for over 20 years with the same useless owners who ruined the club.

Maybe after that stagnating period,  a turbulent spell with a new owner who is definitely raising eyebrows may see us have some excitement in one form or another for a change.

Still to early to tell if AL is the devil or if he is just a devil in business and ruthless with those who cross or fail him.

Some lunatics are exceptionally successful and gifted individuals. Hopefully he is and he will shock us all in the end.

1 minute ago, maximus1267 said:

We had League one stability for over 20 years with the same useless owners who ruined the club.

Maybe after that stagnating period,  a turbulent spell with a new owner who is definitely raising eyebrows may see us have some excitement in one form or another for a change.

Still to early to tell if AL is the devil or if he is just a devil in business and ruthless with those who cross or fail him.

Some lunatics are exceptionally successful and gifted individuals. Hopefully he is and he will shock us all in the end.

I really admire your ability to always see the glass half full. You must be good company.

• Like 1

The AR thing is a mystery for sure and not ideal. Frantic speculation is pointless.

As for the statement... it’s an announcement of an announcement. Not worth getting worked up about yet.  Some slightly over the top reactions to it. 

People need to calm the fuck down. 

Edited by kowenicki

3 minutes ago, oafcshuck said:

Something that seems to be being overlooked is how much a loss he is as a GK coach apart from his role as AM. 

One of the best we've had in years and can't help but feel Iversen's progression has partly been down to him.

Progression?  Has he coached him before?  Iverson was great when he got here, he’s still great. 

2 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

The AR thing is a mystery for sure and not ideal.  Frantic speculation is pointless.

As for the statement... it’s an announcement of an announcement. Not worth getting worked up about yet.  Some slightly over the top reactions to it. 

Agree with this. I was starting to join the Bunn out brigade due to the dire performances up to now despite playing some of the worst sides to come to BP in a long time. For me this is AL pushing one out and hoping the other one walks before he is pushed. 

1 minute ago, kowenicki said:

The AR thing is a mystery for sure and not ideal.  Frantic speculation is pointless.

I'm calmly sitting here watching our club getting ripped apart, no problem,we can  always start up again from scratch 

1 minute ago, lookersstandandy said:

I really admire your ability to always see the glass half full. You must be good company.

Each to our own Andy. I can't defend or slate him because I dont know the true facts.

Things can always get worse and things can also get better, why waste time worrying about things you have no control over.

Yep we could do a Stockport and I really hope we dont so I like to hope that things over time will improve.

Ive seen and felt real worry and sadness in my private and professional life , this is football and is taken too seriously at times but I understand this as I used to be like that in my younger days.

As my old mam used to say " Things will come out in the wash "

3 minutes ago, maximus1267 said:

Each to our own Andy. I can't defend or slate him because I dont know the true facts.

Things can always get worse and things can also get better, why waste time worrying about things you have no control over.

Yep we could do a Stockport and I really hope we dont so I like to hope that things over time will improve.

Ive seen and felt real worry and sadness in my private and professional life , this is football and is taken too seriously at times but I understand this as I used to be like that in my younger days.

As my old mam used to say " Things will come out in the wash "

"It is my belief that history is a wheel. 'Inconstancy is my very essence,' says the wheel. Rise up on my spokes if you like but don't complain when you're cast back down into the depths. Good time pass away, but then so do the bad. Mutability is our tragedy, but it's also our hope. The worst of times, like the best, are always passing away."

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rosa said:

"It is my belief that history is a wheel. 'Inconstancy is my very essence,' says the wheel. Rise up on my spokes if you like but don't complain when you're cast back down into the depths. Good time pass away, but then so do the bad. Mutability is our tragedy, but it's also our hope. The worst of times, like the best, are always passing away."

I like and agree, much truth in that in all walks of life.

2 minutes ago, rosa said:

Thank you boethius although however the worst of times appear to be hanging around for a rather long time with Latics amd its been along time since we have risen up.

• Like 1