Danny G

I can't find the original signing thread .. as it's that long ago.

https://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/10/oldham-athletic-news/103888/creative-spark-can-lift-latics

This man is a blue and gives us 100% every week. Yes he makes mistakes but that's because he wants the ball 10x more than anyone else.

Passion, pride, effort and charisma. Get off his fucking back. 

Probably the same idiots who wanked over Placide and Richie. Look where that got us. 

His fucking run at Hampton, in the cold and wet rain, in the 88th minute, MIGHT have saved other club. 50K. 85K WHEN we beat Maidstone. Then 850K if we draw a top prem team away. 

Without DG that wouldn't have happened, fact. Yes he makes bad passes but that's because he's the only fucker who wants it.

PS. Who signed him? 😉

51 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

He’s bang average... in league 2. 

Thanks. 

I have to agree, i believe if we do have replacements lined up and we manage to get a fee for him in January then we have done well..No surprise that he has had a decent run of games for the last two seasons and both teams us and chesterfield have been relegated.

Consistency is his problem. Decent player and you can't fault his effort but there's a reason he's in league 2. Gets a lot of stick some of it deserved some of it now but he doesn't hide. That said our midfield has been dire most of the season and he's started in most games not saying it's his faulty directly but something isn't working

5 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Won't be now. He's out of contract at the end of the season. He was all set to go to Fleetwood last year, and then Lemsagam upped the asking price from 150k to 300k...

Nice to see us negoitate. Instead of taking anything. 

Edited by League one forever

If DG could pass the ball with a little more composure and accuracy he would absolutely be playing at a higher level. I agree though that making him the scapegoat for our problems of the last ten years is ridiculous and frankly embarrassing 

I’ll moan about players on here because it’s a forum for debate but I never abuse players at matches or single them out like some of our fans do.

We have a brilliant hardcore of supporters who turn up in good numbers away from home especially and I do genuinely think it would make a difference if the players felt we were behind all of them and not pickin on individuals

26 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

If DG could pass the ball with a little more composure and accuracy he would absolutely be playing at a higher level. I agree though that making him the scapegoat for our problems of the last ten years is ridiculous and frankly embarrassing 

I’ll moan about players on here because it’s a forum for debate but I never abuse players at matches or single them out like some of our fans do.

We have a brilliant hardcore of supporters who turn up in good numbers away from home especially and I do genuinely think it would make a difference if the players felt we were behind all of them and not pickin on individuals

Who the feck is doing that? 

1 hour ago, Ritchierich said:

Our fans are amongst the best in the land for having low expectations and not getting on players backs, okay players at every club will be discussed on forums both good and bad but I honestly feel our players don't receive half the shit they would at some other clubs, our supporters even clapped them off at Northampton for fuck sake when only about three of them lifted a leg.

50 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

The loyalty and patience shown by the vast majority of the hardcore fans is truly exemplary. We will get our reward...one day 🙏

Couldn't agree more and it well taste oh so sweet, just hope it's not in that piss pot excuse for a cup we have drawn Dale away in.

He's been relegated from league one twice... He's hardly a shining beacon of light in an average league two side. If someome offered ANY amount of money id snatch their hands ofd. 

Hes not the sole reason we are where we are but he can go for me. I dont think we'd be any worse off without him. 

I do like the way he gives 100% but you watch him. Hes generaly either chasing one of his misplaced passes, or chasing a man because he was out of position. 

Is the system helping him... No... He picks the ball up too deep but even if we change that he wouldn't stand out. If he was as good as he thinks he is.... He wouldn't be with us. 

What is he good at? 

Running with ball? Too often goes down blind alleys

Getting us forward? Too often slows play down

Winning the ball? Nope

Bringing other players in? Holds on too long

Dan Gardner would be a better player if he was too busy showing off Dan Gardner.... 

Edited by Fruitygoo

1 minute ago, Fruitygoo said:

He's been relegated from league one twice... He's hardly a shining beacon of light in an average league two side. If someome offered ANY amount of money id snatch their hands ofd. 

Hes not the sole reason we are where we are but he can go for me. I dont think we'd be any worse off without him. 

I do like the way he gives 100% but you watch him. Hes generaly either chasing one of his misplaced passes, or chasing a man because he was out of position. 

Is the system helping him... No... He picks the ball up too deep but even if we change that he wouldn't stand out. If he was as good as he thinks he is.... He wouldn't be with us. 

What is he good at? 

Running with ball? Too often goes down blind alleys

Getting us forward? Too often slows play down

Winning the ball? Nope

Bringing other players in? Holds oj too long

Dan Gardner would be a better player if he was too busy showing off Dan Gardner.... 

Why does he think he's really good?

Have you spoken to him?