Doncaster (A)

2 hours ago, leeslover said:

I said elsewhere, Lyden showed less in his first games than Sylla has done

To be fair, I didn’t see Lyden’s early games to draw a direct comparison.... but I was distinctly unimpressed with Sylla on Saturday’s showing....

....and now we’ve signed a LB, Branger shouldn’t get anywhere near the 1st 11 either.

18 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Doncaster get Palace at home...

Tossers….

Given the options that's slightly above average. It could have been worse but it could have been a lot better. 

Might be a TV game though. As the draw is fairly crap bar 2 ties. 

For nearly all the 700 odd teams that enter the FA Cup each year it ends in disappointment.  You either get spanked, get unlucky, or put on a show and still lose.

If it goes well you have a game or day out or two to remember. Most when they calm down will reflect on two tricky aways at new grounds with a injury time winner, a massive day out beating a premier league side and a competitive defeat to a side near the top of the division above.

All things considered that's not bad.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Longlostfan said:

For nearly all the 700 odd teams that enter the FA Cup each year it ends in disappointment.  You either get spanked, get unlucky, or put on a show and still lose.

If it goes well you have a game or day out or two to remember. Most when they calm down will reflect on two tricky aways at new grounds with a injury time winner, a massive day out beating a premier league side and a competitive defeat to a side near the top of the division above.

It's not bad, but decisions like the one that ultimately cost us never seem to go our way.

The odd game here in the Cup also is the least we deserve after what seems like an eternity of shit seasons in the league.

I thought these things were supposed to even themselves out??

It doesn't feel like they even out though does it. The was a piece in the times around the 3rd round weekend that rated the sides left by 'how lucky they were'

They included if you played higher division opposition and if you were drawn home or away- I think it was over 60 years

IIRC we were about the third least lucky. 

Sometimes it feels that way.

1 hour ago, lookersstandandy said:

To be fair, I didn’t see Lyden’s early games to draw a direct comparison.... but I was distinctly unimpressed with Sylla on Saturday’s showing....

....and now we’ve signed a LB, Branger shouldn’t get anywhere near the 1st 11 either.

Would you not rather we dropped one of the players who didn't play as well as him on Saturday? 

1 hour ago, Longlostfan said:

I disagree. Massive opportunity missed. 

I was gutted. 

5 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

That's an absolute shocker of a dive for the Brentford penalty. Hope he gets a ban, outrageous. 

agreed...BBC manchester tonight said it should have been VAR at all games in top four divisions or non at all...to make it fair

Poor Barnet....I hope they bloody well nick it

1 minute ago, Bobledgersheart said:

No VAR and yet ANOTHER ref who just guesses it's a pen.

On the side of the pitch of the linesman who had an uninterrupted view of it and did nothing. As Dave says, the player should be banned, so should the incompetent officials.

1 minute ago, Magic Mikey said:

On the side of the pitch of the linesman who had an uninterrupted view of it and did nothing. As Dave says, the player should be banned, so should the incompetent officials.

Guess again !!

I'm convinced Refs just tells the lino's to "just give throw-ins and off-sides", hence they don't get involved in much else, which in view of Saturday's debacle is probably about right ! 

14 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

I disagree. Massive opportunity missed. 

I was gutted. 

Tend to agree with all that you post but this time it was not an opportunity missed. It to me was blatant poor refereeing by the officials, but as Latics fans we have had to endure that over the years

7 minutes ago, another fan said:

Tend to agree with all that you post but this time it was not an opportunity missed. It to me was blatant poor refereeing by the officials, but as Latics fans we have had to endure that over the years

I meant going into it with no manager in place & no new signings to bolster a threadbare squad... 

That spirit with a bit more quality/legs could have seen us over the line. 

Edited by HarryBosch

12 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Guess again !!

I'm convinced Refs just tells the lino's to "just give throw-ins and off-sides", hence they don't get involved in much else, which in view of Saturday's debacle is probably about right ! 

It's pretty rare that they actually give throw ins now. They just wait for the ref to indicate and then put the flag in the same direction. 

1 hour ago, Bobledgersheart said:

No VAR and yet ANOTHER ref who just guesses it's a pen.

1 hour ago, underdog said:

agreed...BBC manchester tonight said it should have been VAR at all games in top four divisions or non at all...to make it fair

Poor Barnet....I hope they bloody well nick it

Don't forget we had VAR at Fulham and they still  got it wrong.

2 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Referees, every single one of them, are sub-human scum. Just make it fully automated. Every referee is just a chancer who was never good enough to be a player and evidently has issues. Every single one of them want to make games about them. They are scum and a disgrace 

If there's two things I can't stand it's vast generalisations and all referees