Doncaster (A)

The refs refusal to explain to Wild what the pen was for sums up the situation.

IF the linesman was 100% sure it was handball why didn't he put his flag up.

IF the ref asked him he should have said, yes I saw a hand go up but cant be 100% sure it hit the ball!!!!!

So why didn't the ref ask the linesman why he hadn't flagged !!!!

Answer, I wasn't sure.

5 minutes ago, Flemboy said:

I'm feeling gutted as well but thought the team gave it their all especially in the second half.Iversen was Motm for me.Clarke did a superb off the line clearance.Second half just wish Ogrady  could have stabbed it past their keeper.Had a couple of other near misses one of which I thought had gone in .I didn't see the penalty  since too far away but the ref gave a corner.Their keeper was a disgrace.That cost us the game which I thought we would get a return match.We've had a good run and the players and fans can be proud of themselves. It will seem a bit of an anti climax when I go to mkdons and also knowing who we would have had in the next round but that's football.

or baxter with his diving header off O'grady cross....ooooo and missilou shot...ohhhh...if only eh.

48 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

Your comment at the end there is spot on, sadly. Today showed how far we’ve fallen. Great effort in second half, ref a disgrace, but we’re still an average team with a few diamonds - today, Iversen, Clarke, Missilou.

1 we don’t own, ones 37

6 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

I saw it live too.  Being there doesn’t mean you saw it better you know.  😂.  In fact it usually means you saw less. 

I didn’t say it was.... and I’m not saying you saw less (that would be offensive).... but my opinion was that Sylla & Branger we’re poor.

I thought we put in a gargantuan effort today against a clearly much better side who've been doing very well a league higher. 

Iversen Man of the Match by a country mile. 

Tactics were clearly to contain them for the first half then have a go to whatever extent we could second half and it nearly worked.

Actually it did work until the officials did their thing. 

I thought the ref gave a lot of bizarre decisions in OUR favour aswell as theirs first half.

Just largely clueless from the off - something seriously has to be done. 

Try and find a radio clip (5live or TalkSport) of John Coleman speaking after Accrington's game where he describes to a tee exactly what we seem to suffer week in, week out. 

Clarke's clearance off the line (which had more than a hint of offside) was a defending equivalent of Gordon Banks's save from Pele in 1970.

Truly unbelievable, especially from someone knocking on as much as he now is. 

He was clearly hurt and for him to soldier on, get the equaliser and then get sent off for nothing more than letting their keeper "know he was there" was all quite incredible. 

He's right up there with Gregan, Eyres & others on the list of greats who never actually won anything with us after today, if he wasn't already.   

Sylla looked much more like the player it looked like we might have signed after his first game. 

Assuming he's not that fit/sharp yet he could be very good over the coming months. 

Branger arguably had his best game for us so far (I appreciate the sample size is small :grin: ) especially in the second half when he was involved in everything. 

Baxter was much better which bodes very well. Strange comments though as I did't think anybody shirked anything. 

Nepo was quality again, even at left back - did WIld push him forward second half or did he just think "fuck this"? 

All in all it was absolutely gutting to lose in the way we did but I thought we were excellent and Wildy got it as right as he possibly could given what he had at his disposable.

2 or 3 signings this week and I still think we can go up. 

As an aside the Poundshop Hooliganism on the way back to the industrial estate was cringe factor 10.

I've never thrown a punch at football in my life but almost felt a need to just to ease the embarrassment for all concerned. 

Millennials eh? 

Edited by HarryBosch
  • Like 1

Those comments by Baxter, if reported accurately, are a bit of a disgrace. 

He is way out of order. I thought it was him that stopped playing if anyone and he was culpable in their first goal. 

This season so far... he has been poor.  

Needs to look in the mirror. 

Just now, kowenicki said:

He is way out of order. I thought it was him that stopped playing if anyone and he was culpable in their first goal. 

Makes you wonder what is happening off the pitch to make him feel empowered enough to come out with such comments.

6 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Have I missed something, what did he say?

10 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Just been saying exactly the similar on twitter. Needs to look at himself first!! 

18 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Said the same myself,  the Doncaster player breezed past him in the build up to the first goal.