Doncaster (A)

3 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

If we assume it was the ref who gave it, would VAR have overturned it? Not so sure.

Maybe it would maybe it wouldn't but it would increase the chance of getting it right.

3 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

Millwall would disagree that they should have var.

So would we in their position but that's not the point is to eliminate error in refereeing decisions. We get a draw today go back to BP and win and Newport lose then that decision is worth £500k to us. For the club that's been struggling to pay the montly wages for the last few years that's a huge difference.

1 minute ago, yarddog73 said:

Ref gave a corner, VAR wouldn't of over ruled the decision made by the ref because there is zero evidence that the ball was handled.

What Clarkes intention is should have zero influence on the decision made. It's incompetent at best from the refereeing team.

Only seen it on stream but is it really that clear that he doesn't handle it?

10 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Branger was very good second half, Sylla was fine - is this just lazy posting on the back of what's been said all week? 

No. Sylla is worse than Fane (who isn’t very good either).....and Branger - short of an ineffective step over or two - offers no end product & no support to the LB. Nepo is loads better. I’m astounded you think he was very good. IMO he wasn’t....

Edited by lookersstandandy

2 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Only seen it on stream but is it really that clear that he doesn't handle it?

No it isn't but the ref whose the closest and best placed official probably 30 yards closer than anyone else gave a corner, for that to be over ruled the linesman needs to be certain and all he's seen is Clarkes arm in the mix and guessed, he wasn't even running the line on that side of the pitch, it stinks to be cheated yet again, players pressurising referees to change their minds again.

7 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Yes yo can, if your hand doesn't touch the ball. Which it didn't

Using your logic can we have the goal from when we hit the post aswell then? 

No that's not what I said.

If your hands are high like that then you are taking a massive risk that what happened today could happen.

Just got back....bloody hell talk about Peter clarke being in the thick of it all.

Just seen the BBC highlights thought their first took a deflection, it did of Clarkey, then he scores our equaliser, literally has a  hand in theirs (his arm was up regardless),  and then gets sent off.

We were in it, the players gave it a go and did not let us down, the fans we brilliant.....oh well

From the Donny forum:

Oldham had a couple of outstanding players, the goalkeeper, and the No 42  had great games and are worth keeping an eye on, making great saves, and the big midfielder breaking up play and looking  to put himself about in the middle of the field.

Just now, LaticsPete said:

From the Donny forum:

Oldham had a couple of outstanding players, the goalkeeper, and the No 42  had great games and are worth keeping an eye on, making great saves, and the big midfielder breaking up play and looking  to put himself about in the middle of the field.

Doesn't count. He's AL's. Must be AL or his brother posting on their forum

10 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

No. Sylla is worse than Fane (who isn’t very good either).....and Branger - short of an ineffective step over or two - offers no end product & no support to the LB. Nepo is loads better. I’m astounded you think he was very good. IMO he wasn’t....

Sylla good today. Your bias is becoming as repetitive as deyres opinion on ticket sales

1 hour ago, Bristolatic said:

Just checked with Flash Scores.

Baxter - yellow - 73rd minute

Edmundson - yellow - 86th minute

Branger - yellow - 89th minute

Clarke - red - 90+6th minute

No mention of a previous yellow for Clarke, so that suggests violent/dangerous play. Did anyone see anything? Mike on comms said keeper looked like he'd been shot, but got up again. 3 game ban then, unless a successful appeal?

Shown the yellow then the red....but it literally was a flash of it...blinked and you missed it

13 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

If it was clear, why didn't the linesman wave his flag and then put it across his chest?

I agree. That’s what I’m saying. If aren’t sure then it’s not a pen. 

Let me be clear though. I’m actually sure it wasn’t. 

15 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

Did you actually watch the game? I mean, seriously? 

I'm feeling gutted as well but thought the team gave it their all especially in the second half.Iversen was Motm for me.Clarke did a superb off the line clearance.Second half just wish Ogrady  could have stabbed it past their keeper.Had a couple of other near misses one of which I thought had gone in .I didn't see the penalty  since too far away but the ref gave a corner.Their keeper was a disgrace.That cost us the game which I thought we would get a return match.We've had a good run and the players and fans can be proud of themselves. It will seem a bit of an anti climax when I go to mkdons and also knowing who we would have had in the next round but that's football.

Edited by Flemboy

15 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

I think you need a few weeks off here. You're becoming a difficult read... 

I wasn't keen when the draw was made. But that game was winnable. Lots of effort, some bad luck/poor decisions. A couple of additions might have made a difference.

A win would have been worth what £180k for the win, probable £250k for last league 2 team, good chance live TV money and at decent gate receipt, something north of £800k?

Still we've saved 5 months wages for those 2 or 3 additions that would have made the difference. Nice one AL