Doncaster (A)

1 hour ago, Haribo_man said:

Ok, you think it wasn't, fair enough. Not sure why me saying that I feel he handles it is like a comment from a opposition fan?

You've made your point. You are not coming across like a Latics fan. Are you a referee by any chance? Perhaps related to the clown that was in charge today? I can't think of many other reasons for defending that ludicrous decision by the officials today.

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

They both awarded a corner until someone got in the liners ear.

Listened to radio Sheffield on the way back. Grant McCann said it was the 4th official who 'was adamant it was a penalty. Would he have had a telly? Otherwise he was further away than the liner.

3 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

You've made your point. You are not coming across like a Latics fan. Are you a referee by any chance? Perhaps related to the clown that was in charge today? I can't think of many other reasons for defending that ludicrous decision by the officials today.

Eh?

2 minutes ago, astottie said:

Listened to radio Sheffield on the way back. Grant McCann said it was the 4th official who 'was adamant it was a penalty. Would he have had a telly? Otherwise he was further away than the liner.

How on earth could he be adamant particularly as Clarke and Edmondson had there back to him, refs in a great position gives a corner and had no reason to change his mind whatsoever,  unless of course pens are given for raised hands now??? 

Millwall just scored a handball goal. Referee talks to the linesman and the goal still stands, the big screen in the ground shows the handball  but the ref still lets it stand.

In our game the ref sees it as a corner, as  does the linesman. How could the fourth official  have had a better view from further away? A TV screen? There is officially var at some games, have we been dicked by stealth var?

Their goalkeeper is a disgraceful cunt, Clarkey brushed him and he reacted like that to get him sent off. 

51 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

Just checked with Flash Scores.

Baxter - yellow - 73rd minute

Edmundson - yellow - 86th minute

Branger - yellow - 89th minute

Clarke - red - 90+6th minute

No mention of a previous yellow for Clarke, so that suggests violent/dangerous play. Did anyone see anything? Mike on comms said keeper looked like he'd been shot, but got up again. 3 game ban then, unless a successful appeal?

I was in the corner, front row, behind the corner flag. The Doncaster keeper was a disgrace. I didn’t see much if any contact at all by Clarke, yet the keeper went down as though his back was broken. If it had been a serious back injury there is no way he could have taken the free kick a minute or two later. Clarke ‘s red was wholly unjustified, just wasn’t that kind of game.

Edited by Worcester Owl

1 minute ago, Worcester Owl said:

I was in the corner, from row, behind the corner flag. The Doncaster keeper was a disgrace. I didn’t see much if any contact at all by Clarke, yet the keeper went down as though his back was broken. If it had been a serious back injury there is no way he could have taken the free kick a minute or two later. Clarke ‘s red was wholly unjustified, just wasn’t that kind of game.

The referee didn't see a handball yet he gives a penalty.

The referee didn't see Clarke clatter their keeper yet he gives a second yellow.

Will he be refereeing again next week? Probably.

4 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

How on earth could he be adamant particularly as Clarke and Edmondson had there back to him, refs in a great position gives a corner and had no reason to change his mind whatsoever,  unless of course pens are given for raised hands now??? 

I would agree.  I put the 'was adamant' in quotation marks because thats what McCann said. Whats it got to do with the fourth official anyway.

45 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

Fair enough.... I didn’t..... Donny found way too much space in the middle, largely because he was caught out of position too often.... and I witnessed countless passes that went astray....

....they looked loads better than us today. We’re now lots worse then we were during our 21 years in League One. It’s embarrassing....

Your comment at the end there is spot on, sadly. Today showed how far we’ve fallen. Great effort in second half, ref a disgrace, but we’re still an average team with a few diamonds - today, Iversen, Clarke, Missilou.

3 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

I was in the corner, front row, behind the corner flag. The Doncaster keeper was a disgrace. I didn’t see much if any contact at all by Clarke, yet the keeper went down as though his back was broken. If it had been a serious back injury there is no way he could have taken the free kick a minute or two later. Clarke ‘s red was wholly unjustified, just wasn’t that kind of game.

Not going to disagree with their keeper being a cheating twat, but Clarke was stupid to even leave his elbow in there. With all his experience he should know better.

2 minutes ago, Mickey Quinn's testicles said:

How can the linesman have a better view than the Ref? Edmundson clearly heads that.

The referee went to the linesman because he will have had a different view due to the angle he has seen it.

The angle he will have seen it will show that Clarke went up with his hand and the ball went out of play in the direction that it would have done if Clarke had hand balled it.

My first reaction was having watched the stream and see a replay it was handball from Clarke. I'd like to see it again going off people's reactions.

What is true is that the FA have dropped a massive bollock by only having VAR in PL grounds for this round of the FA cup the likes of Millwall and Doncaster with their comparatively modern stadiums could easily accommodate VAR. It's also created an unlevel playing field in the competition.

5 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

The referee went to the linesman because he will have had a different view due to the angle he has seen it.

The angle he will have seen it will show that Clarke went up with his hand and the ball went out of play in the direction that it would have done if Clarke had hand balled it.

My first reaction was having watched the stream and see a replay it was handball from Clarke. I'd like to see it again going off people's reactions.

What is true is that the FA have dropped a massive bollock by only having VAR in PL grounds for this round of the FA cup the likes of Millwall and Doncaster with their comparatively modern stadiums could easily accommodate VAR. It's also created an unlevel playing field in the competition.

Millwall would disagree that they should have var.

3 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

I agree with your comments regarding the different angle which the lino would have to view it. I have since seen a different clip and I am undecided whether or not the ball left George's head instead of being struck by Clarkey but I am in no doubt that he had the intent to handball regardless. At the very least the action is reckless on the part of Clarke and put us in a position which should have been avoided which is so frustrating giving his goal not long before

3 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

Nah it's a pen sorry you can't put your hands up like that in the area

Yes you can, if your hand doesn't touch the ball. Which it didn't

Using your logic can we have the goal from when we hit the post aswell then? 

Edited by HarryBosch

4 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

If we assume it was the ref who gave it, would VAR have overturned it? Not so sure.

Ref gave a corner, VAR wouldn't of over ruled the decision made by the ref because there is zero evidence that the ball was handled.

What Clarkes intention is should have zero influence on the decision made. It's incompetent at best from the refereeing team.