Greater Ignorant Manchester Police (GIMP)

13 hours ago, Bunty Blue said:

Thanks all for suggestions and details of who to contact. I think I’ll try our club first and take it from there. I’ll let you know how I get on. Thanks again. Much appreciated. 

It might be worth dropping a quick line to the bury CEO too.
BigReg in the tweet is a Bury fan.

Edited by singe

1 hour ago, singe said:

He's tweeted he's been banned Home and Away for rest of season, and due in court after being arrested next month.

No longer youthful exuberance is it. Come on Geroge get a grip.

I, along with one or two others, have had a word with him on occasion over the past two seasons - obviously to no avail. This will either make him sit up and think or he may just drift away. 

The daft thing is, when you talk to George, he can be a really nice, sensible lad. He knows he does stupid things and brings it on himself. Then he goes and does it all again. Madness; the kid doesn't seem to know how to help himself. Maybe he'll start learning now.

Exactly that Bristol. I think a lot of people dismiss him out of hand because he used to dance around with his top off like a bit of a tool. I never had an issue with it but some seemed to take offence. Actually when you speak to him he’s a nice lad with a bit about him but he’s really got to grow up with regards to coming onto the pitch and making a show of himself. His commitment is second to none and it’s a real shame for him if he’s blown it by being an idiot.

1 hour ago, ghostofcecere said:

He certainly arrived at the Staff of Life pub with some very naughty boys on Saturday

Very naughty boys, made me laugh out loud that. 

There seems to be more and more naughty boys at our away games this season. Some of them are about 12, but to be fair they look “proper” hard. The ginger lad with glasses whos about 15 wearing a fake stone island coat gets me everytime I see him. He’s literally about 8 stone wet through. 

Just to mention I contacted our Supporter Liaison Officer, Mark Lund who responded very quickly and i was called by the GMP liaison officer, assigned to Oldham matches, who was equally helpful, sympathetic and empathetic. We chatted about my experience and thoughts which he and Mark were happy to take on board and include in a meeting with Bury to discuss events and review what worked/what didn’t. 

I felt I was listened to and that they took my issues seriously.  Mark sees his role is important and is keen to do a good job. I think putting something out about the role/his remit and updating the contacts on the website might be helpful.

You can get in touch with

Mark at slo@oldhamathletic.co.uk

Right. See you down at BP - if we play as in 1st half last week I reckon a decent win is on the cards ! 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Bunty Blue said:

Just to mention I contacted our Supporter Liaison Officer, Mark Lund who responded very quickly and i was called by the GMP liaison officer, assigned to Oldham matches, who was equally helpful, sympathetic and empathetic. We chatted about my experience and thoughts which he and Mark were happy to take on board and include in a meeting with Bury to discuss events and review what worked/what didn’t. 

I felt I was listened to and that they took my issues seriously.  Mark sees his role is important and is keen to do a good job. I think putting something out about the role/his remit and updating the contacts on the website might be helpful.

You can get in touch with

Mark at slo@oldhamathletic.co.uk

Right. See you down at BP - if we play as in 1st half last week I reckon a decent win is on the cards ! 

Good to hear.

Mark Lund has long been on the website as SLO, and been in position for some time, but for some reason was omitted at the last update.

On 2/23/2019 at 10:30 PM, GlossopLatic said:

I could see the logic of keeping fans in at the end to clear the car park as they said. Tomorrow Liverpool will go to Old Trafford their fans will be kept behind after the final whistle they probably know this. 

This is kind of the problem. GMP and Bury FC treat our game at their place like it's Utd v Liverpool when, let's face it, it's not all that. It's ruined it as a day out. I appreciate there's dickheads on either side (when is George's court case?) but the OTT policing - which is a response to their fuck up years ago when hundreds of our fans got locked out after the Bury chairman had been begging people to come to the game all week - has made the situation worse. 

15 minutes ago, rosa said:

This is kind of the problem. GMP and Bury FC treat our game at their place like it's Utd v Liverpool when, let's face it, it's not all that. It's ruined it as a day out. I appreciate there's dickheads on either side (when is George's court case?) but the OTT policing - which is a response to their fuck up years ago when hundreds of our fans got locked out after the Bury chairman had been begging people to come to the game all week - has made the situation worse. 

It's not ruined my day out. It never has. 

Possibly because it's beyond the wit of GMP to think an Oldham fan knows Bury better than they do. 

Yeah I've sneaked behind enemy lines into the pubs in Bury before (by pretending to be a Liverpool fan) but it's a hollow victory when it's a shit atmosphere cos there's no one else in there. Haven't bothered the last two seasons. 

10 minutes ago, rosa said:

Yeah I've sneaked behind enemy lines into the pubs in Bury before (by pretending to be a Liverpool fan) but it's a hollow victory when it's a shit atmosphere cos there's no one else in there. Haven't bothered the last two seasons. 

The best pub in Bury (I've been in all of them) was a lot busier than normal, but still serving some excellent cider (albeit in plastic glasses). I've never had difficulty getting served before and after games in that pub. 

The plastic glasses were new this year. 

If Oldham fans drank in Rochdale / Manchester/ Oldham or even Heywood (although I wouldn't recommend most pubs in Heywood) before the game more than Bury. Heck the pub at Pilsworth is as close to the ground as most pubs in the centre. 

This might mean GMP change their tactics and they'd realise that over policing a game that really isn't that steeped in rivalry has been a massive waste of the public's resources. 

But given who created GMP's TAU (the ones involved in over policing football) I'm not surprised they are keen to over use the public's resources for no reason.