Mid table obscurity.....

Arguing for time for Scholes and/or Lemsagen, means it's not possible to argue against giving Bunn more time. 

I'm very worried about Scholes lasting, and not getting bored/fed up whichever. But once he was possible we had to go 100% for him. 

I just hope we have got the funds for him to rebuild the club from the pitch, Chapel Road, the whole structure. 

Edited by singe

1 hour ago, singe said:

I just hope we have got the funds for him to rebuild the club from the pitch, Chapel Road, the whole structure. 

Well I think we all probably know the answer to this. We haven't.

I don't expect significantly increased funds-what I would like to see is what we have spent better. So no more wasting on the likes of Coke and Green as has been done previously. The interesting one for me at the end of this season is what to do about Clarke?

3 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

I don't expect significantly increased funds-what I would like to see is what we have spent better. So no more wasting on the likes of Coke and Green as has been done previously. The interesting one for me at the end of this season is what to do about Clarke?

Who?

13 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

Players not washing machines !!! No signings come with a guarantee. 

12 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Who?

George Green. Who on paper looked a good signing I thought. All we need to do is put Whittles in charge of recruitment and we’lL be fine. 

FFS

1 minute ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

George Green. Who on paper looked a good signing I thought. All we need to do is put Whittles in charge of recruitment and we’lL be fine. 

FFS

what a strange one to pick out.

15 minutes ago, disjointed said:

Think he meant Paul Green. 

You may be right. He also looked a good signing on paper. And wasn’t a total waste of space either imo. The point I’m trying to make anyho is every signing at this level and the one above is never without risk. I remember how excited I was when we signed Flynn for Sheff Utd. Add to that Ben Pringle. The list goes on and on. 

1 hour ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

You may be right. He also looked a good signing on paper. And wasn’t a total waste of space either imo. The point I’m trying to make anyho is every signing at this level and the one above is never without risk. I remember how excited I was when we signed Flynn for Sheff Utd. Add to that Ben Pringle. The list goes on and on. 

And how disappointed people were when we signed Missile and Nepo. Works both ways. 

5 hours ago, singe said:

Arguing for time for Scholes and/or Lemsagen, means it's not possible to argue against giving Bunn more time. 

I'm very worried about Scholes lasting, and not getting bored/fed up whichever. But once he was possible we had to go 100% for him. 

I think it’s unbundatley clear AL doesn’t have the funds. He couldn’t afford to buy all the ground. He threw some money at it for six months, then got rid of nearly every high earner we had. We’ve signed one player of real quality. (Baxter) The rest are bang average at best. I think a lot of apathy around is the realisation, that unless any manager can can work miracles with average players, we’ll be where we are (or worse) for a long time. Put simply you need a decent budget, and good recruitment. We have neither. 

7 hours ago, League one forever said:

I think it’s unbundatley clear AL doesn’t have the funds. He couldn’t afford to buy all the ground. He threw some money at it for six months, then got rid of nearly every high earner we had. We’ve signed one player of real quality. (Baxter) The rest are bang average at best. I think a lot of apathy around is the realisation, that unless any manager can can work miracles with average players, we’ll be where we are (or worse) for a long time. Put simply you need a decent budget, and good recruitment. We have neither. 

Down vote for the bang average neutralised by "unbundatley". 

17 hours ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

FFS

As has been pointed out to you I meant Paul Green-given another year when he was way past his sell by date with us. I have no problem giving younger players a go who have been unable to break thru onto higher league teams like George Green, its one of the few ways we have had some financial success in the past.

You know what, I sometimes look at the players we have now and think I could have done better than that and I bet I am not the only one.

Don't know what the FFS is for when you have little to contribute other than chastising others

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

As has been pointed out to you I meant Paul Green-given another year when he was way past his sell by date with us. I have no problem giving younger players a go who have been unable to break thru onto higher league teams like George Green, its one of the few ways we have had some financial success in the past.

You know what, I sometimes look at the players we have now and think I could have done better than that and I bet I am not the only one.

Don't know what the FFS is for when you have little to contribute other than chastising others

Agreed. 

Give an opinion people don’t agree with. . 

1. FFS. 

2. Tell said person to give ‘their head a wobble’ for disagreeing with you. Use ‘Wow.’ At the start of their response to your post when there is nothing amazing about your comment. 

3. Pick up on spelling/grammer. (A particular highlight for me.) 

4. Use obscure quotes, to deflect from their original point, and to give the post an elevated sense of intelligence. 

5. USE CAPITAL LETTERS BECAUSE YOU OBVIOUSLY CANT READ. 

6. FFS. Because you didn’t get it the first time round. 

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, League one forever said:

3. Pick up on spelling/grammer. (A particular highlight for me.) 

Agree with your points. 

I have no problem with spelling mistakes and poor grammar with one exception...The use of ‘could of, would of and should of’ ...

- a particular highlight for me 😉

• Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Agree with your points. 

I have no problem with spelling mistakes and poor grammar with one exception...The use of ‘could of, would of and should of’ ...

- a particular highlight for me 😉

Funny, isn't it? That one winds me up too, and I know it shouldn't. The incorrect use of there and their gets up my nose a bit too, but you just have to ignore it and move on. 

However, I like this that @Diego_Sideburns has posted once or twice (apologies for nicking it)

I have a spelling checker,
It came with my PC.
It plane lee marks four my revue
Miss steaks aye can knot sea.

Eye ran this poem threw it,
Your sure reel glad two no.
Its vary polished in it's weigh.
My checker tolled me sew.

A checker is a bless sing,
It freeze yew lodes of thyme.
It helps me right awl stiles two reed,
And aides me when eye rime.