Confirmed Fans Meeting on Sat 23rd March - are you interested?

1 hour ago, Andy b said:

You will gather from today that we have resolved to canvas views from fans and make some very clear requests of the owner in a more direct manner. That is a step change in approach, put it that way. 

So it sounds as though what you are saying (not saying) is that she preferred a more casual and ‘friendly’ approach and you now prefer a more formal and confrontational approach? Is that right?  I’m not judging by the way, just summarising. 

1 hour ago, Andy b said:

You will gather from today that we have resolved to canvas views from fans and make some very clear requests of the owner in a more direct manner. That is a step change in approach, put it that way. 

Hi Andy. 

Ive watched the meeeting. 

Firstly, really admire you all for putting your head above the parapet. 

My issue/question is. What can we materially affect? 

We can’t force an owner to sell. It’s obvious that we can’t trust a single word he says, so the idea of ‘transparency’ is laughable. He’ll only tell want he wants us to know, not what what we want to know. And as he is the owner there isn’t a single thing we can do about it. 

IMO the way out is to starve him of our money. That will mean a lot of pain, and very likely a relegation or two. But things are so bad, i would much rather take 3 steps back for 1 forward. Watching that lifted me in a sense because ultimately the club is about the people and the town not some clown who wants to play championship manager and take us for mugs. I won’t be back until he’s gone, and if it’s conference north without him, but our club, ill get a season ticket. Anything else is futile. 

Having said that you should all be proud for the time and effort you put in for the greater good. Good on you all. 

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Hi Andy. 

We can’t force an owner to sell. It’s obvious that we can’t trust a single word he says, so the idea of ‘transparency’ is laughable. He’ll only tell want he wants us to know, not what what we want to know. And as he is the owner there isn’t a single thing we can do about it. 

IMO the way out is to starve him of our money. That will mean a lot of pain, and very likely a relegation or two. But things are so bad, i would much rather take 3 steps back for 1 forward. Watching that lifted me in a sense because ultimately the club is about the people and the town not some clown who wants to play championship manager and take us for mugs. I won’t be back until he’s gone, and if it’s conference north without him, but our club, ill get a season ticket. Anything else is futile. 

Having said that you should all be proud for the time and effort you put in for the greater good. Good on you all. 

Ye let's be happy winding up in the conference north FFS 

1 hour ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Ye let's be happy winding up in the conference north FFS 

Pathetic response. 

Who’s happy??

You don’t get it do you? 

What’s the point of a lower league football club? Because it isn’t what we’ve got at the minute. Watching that video is heartbreaking, you basically got a load of die hard fans who given up their time but can’t do a single thing.  All they can come up with is, let’s ask for another meeting. . . Because he might come on the 6th time of asking. Especially if we don’t say please this time. 

So come on, you tell me what any fan can do except vote with their feet? An yes I would watch conference north with a fan led club. Wouldn’t you???? 

6 hours ago, League one forever said:

Hi Andy. 

My stance is exactly the same - as is the rest of my families, we won't step foot or part with a penny towards the club until the clowns gone, it's the only way you'll smoke his kind out because he's effectively a bullshitter whose trying to firefight his way through shit storm after shit storm and the majority of it is his own making. 

He's already come out after last season and admitted he'd made mistakes, offered to change his ways and adopt a new approach, guess what it was bullshit and it was what he needed to say at the time to get himself out of a sticky situation where he was being chastised by ex managers and players as well as the press and the evidence was stacking up against him without definitive proof.

We've been  here before though haven't we - I was called out by Corney but refused to be fed bullshit by the bellend and it was used as a stick to bash me at the time with many on here siding with the fraud and let's not forget how Corney continued to have 90% of people's pants down right till the end whilst continuing to run the club as an after thought in a manor that only suited himself, I really don't have the stomach to argue with those again who can't see the wood for the trees and continue to turn up parting with hard earned and effectively endorsing this bell ends behaviour, of course that's a choice but for me I refuse to be party to it and will not return until there is fundamental change in the way our football club is run.

I applaud those prepared to make a stance, personally I don't have the stomach for it anymore, I had fresh optimism on the back of a slither of hope when Abdallah rocked up but somehow this fool is managing to trump even Corney in every conceivable way.

I'm done.

• Like 10

8 hours ago, kowenicki said:

So it sounds as though what you are saying (not saying) is that she preferred a more casual and ‘friendly’ approach and you now prefer a more formal and confrontational approach? Is that right?  I’m not judging by the way, just summarising. 

No far wrong 

9 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Formal doesn't have to be confrontational. I think of the difference between chatting with your boss in passing at work and sitting down in their office and having a conversation with a set purpose. They carry a completely different tone in my experience. That's when I've been on either side of the desk. 

7 hours ago, League one forever said:

Hi Andy. 

Hi League One,

my personal view is also that I would rather have a club in non league that I can be proud of and is moving in the right direction than a club in league 2 which is not. I don’t really fear further relegations if that’s a means to an end.

In terms of what we can materially affect, we are not wholly sure. However, we have to first try and get the owner to make changes through a more direct and assertive approach. He needs to be held to account.

The trust will do this working to a mandate from the fans.  We have to pursue agreed next steps and see what happens. If that doesn’t gain any traction then we review options and go again. A further fans meet is likely to be convened for this. 

It is conceivable that the trust endorses and actively promotes a boycott of the club at some point. However, true to the trust’s purpose, we have to be sure that is the right thing to do for the long term good of the club (and that’s not an immediately easy conclusion to come to, though I understand the case for it).

We also probably have to go through several other steps before we get there, not least because there is evidently no majority concensous for a boycott at this point. 

Fans will adopt their own means of making their views felt of course and i suspect enough will boycott to make the owner feel it. 

what is also clear is that many fans will not review season tickets at this time.

4 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

Formal doesn't have to be confrontational. I think of the difference between chatting with your boss in passing at work and sitting down in their office and having a conversation with a set purpose. They carry a completely different tone in my experience. That's when I've been on either side of the desk. 

Spot on mike.

its the lack of formal discussions, with a set purpose, which is the issue. Without such meetings there has been little means of asking questions, probing and getting our view across.

We seek a step change in how we make our presence felt with the owner and hold him to account. I wouldn’t automatically characterise that as confrontational 

22 minutes ago, Andy b said:

No far wrong 

Not far wrong that should say.

Though i would say assertive rather than confrontational.

the lack of formal engagement has always been an issue and all trust members were in agreement on that. The fact that there is no board/board meetings is symptomatic of that

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

My stance is exactly the same - as is the rest of my families, we won't step foot or part with a penny towards the club until the clowns gone, it's the only way you'll smoke his kind out because he's effectively a bullshitter whose trying to firefight his way through shit storm after shit storm and the majority of it is his own making. 

He's already come out after last season and admitted he'd made mistakes, offered to change his ways and adopt a new approach, guess what it was bullshit and it was what he needed to say at the time to get himself out of a sticky situation where he was being chastised by ex managers and players as well as the press and the evidence was stacking up against him without definitive proof.

We've been  here before though haven't we - I was called out by Corney but refused to be fed bullshit by the bellend and it was used as a stick to bash me at the time with many on here siding with the fraud and let's not forget how Corney continued to have 90% of people's pants down right till the end whilst continuing to run the club as an after thought in a manor that only suited himself, I really don't have the stomach to argue with those again who can't see the wood for the trees and continue to turn up parting with hard earned and effectively endorsing this bell ends behaviour, of course that's a choice but for me I refuse to be party to it and will not return until there is fundamental change in the way our football club is run.

I applaud those prepared to make a stance, personally I don't have the stomach for it anymore, I had fresh optimism on the back of a slither of hope when Abdallah rocked up but somehow this fool is managing to trump even Corney in every conceivable way.

I'm done.

My sentiments exactly, well worded 👏

I'd like to say well done to the trust for organising yesterday's meeting. AL must surely take note of 150 fans (and more unable to attend) meeting on his doorstep. Of course, he may not care.

I think the tone was just about right and a sensible initial course of action is in place. A timescale was agreed for a response from AL and the ball is very much in his court. 

Should he not respond in an acceptable way within this timescale, then I think we must accept that he will never engage and we should move forwards accordingly. Acceptable includes answering the questions that are put to him satisfactorily.

I know that many people want some action now, but I believe that a couple more weeks won't do any harm. Like it or not, he owns the football club. If he will work with the fans, great. If not then we look at how best to proceed without his engagement. 

FWIW I don't think he will ever engage in a constructive and honest way. 

Edited by kowenicki'smoustache

4 minutes ago, kowenicki'smoustache said:

I'd like to say well done to the trust for organising yesterday's meeting. AL must surely take note of 150 fans (and more unable to attend) meeting on his doorstep. Of course, he may not care.

I think the tone was just about right and a sensible initial course of action is in place. A timescale was agreed for a response from AL and the ball is very much in his court. 

Should he not respond in an acceptable way within this timescale, then I think we must accept that he will never engage and we should move forwards accordingly. Acceptable includes answering the questions that are put to him satisfactorily.

I know that many people want some action now, but I believe that a couple more weeks won't do any harm. Like it or not, he owns the football club. If he will work with the fans, great. If not then we look at how best to proceed without his engagement. 

FWIW I don't think he will ever engage in a constructive and honest way. 

Balanced summary - thanks.

We have to put the owner’s stated willingness to put the fans at the heart of the club to the test. That is essentially what the next step is about. 

2 hours ago, Andy b said:

Hi League One,

my personal view is also that I would rather have a club in non league that I can be proud of and is moving in the right direction than a club in league 2 which is not. I don’t really fear further relegations if that’s a means to an end.

In terms of what we can materially affect, we are not wholly sure. However, we have to first try and get the owner to make changes through a more direct and assertive approach. He needs to be held to account.

The trust will do this working to a mandate from the fans.  We have to pursue agreed next steps and see what happens. If that doesn’t gain any traction then we review options and go again. A further fans meet is likely to be convened for this. 

It is conceivable that the trust endorses and actively promotes a boycott of the club at some point. However, true to the trust’s purpose, we have to be sure that is the right thing to do for the long term good of the club (and that’s not an immediately easy conclusion to come to, though I understand the case for it).

We also probably have to go through several other steps before we get there, not least because there is evidently no majority concensous for a boycott at this point. 

Fans will adopt their own means of making their views felt of course and i suspect enough will boycott to make the owner feel it. 

what is also clear is that many fans will not review season tickets at this time.

I think this chairman is more likely to buckle under pressure than his predecessor. He reminds me of a child, some naive quality about him. I get the impression he doesn't really know what to do from here on, particularly after scholes has walked . Rather than any bad intention or malice I just get an overall feeling of incompetence from this guy. Couldn't run a bath, kind of thing. Just my opinion of course. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Andy b said:

Hi League One,

I couldn't attend yesterday and haven't watched the meeting, but fair play to everyone who attended and organised it. I'm not sure how we resolve the crisis at the club, but in my view boycotting games. especially if it develops into a long term thing, will kill the club. It will be divisive, split the already small fan base and may eventually not have the desired effect it sets out to do. I know a few who swore blind they would never step foot in Boundary Park until Corney  had gone but haven't since returned, and although I'll still turn up I've no real desire to see us the Conference North under a new owner, who may end up being a bigger balloon than Lemsegan.

I feel we need to protest from within, be visible at .to show our displeasure and hound him out that way (and hope the next owner isn't even worse). I'm not sure how we do this, but think we need to stick together, and a boycott will never achieve that. I fully respect anyone who decides to take that course of action, and like I've said I don't have the answers, I just hope all other actions are explored before that becomes the answer.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Andy b said:

Balanced summary - thanks.

We have to put the owner’s stated willingness to put the fans at the heart of the club to the test. That is essentially what the next step is about. 

Absolutely...a protest/demo should really be the last resort. We are getting close to that point and maybe this is the last chance for our owner to engage with the trust and fan base.

He is still the owner but only a custodian for the fans. Owners will come and go but supporters are the constant.

We also have to be mindful that any protest could have severe consequences as to the short term and maybe long term viability of this football club.

AL has reiterated many times that the supporters are paramount and without them the club would cease to exist.

It is time for him to prove he is a fit and proper person, and one who is able to move this club forward both on and off the  field.

He has a lot to do to convince me and I suspect the vast majority of our fan base.....This would appear to be his last chance, personally, I’m not convinced he will change and for OAFC, I suspect an extremely turbulent period is imminent.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Steve_R said:

I couldn't attend yesterday and haven't watched the meeting, but fair play to everyone who attended and organised it. I'm not sure how we resolve the crisis at the club, but in my view boycotting games. especially if it develops into a long term thing, will kill the club. It will be divisive, split the already small fan base and may eventually not have the desired effect it sets out to do. I know a few who swore blind they would never step foot in Boundary Park until Corney  had gone but haven't since returned, and although I'll still turn up I've no real desire to see us the Conference North under a new owner, who may end up being a bigger balloon than Lemsegan.

I feel we need to protest from within, be visible at .to show our displeasure and hound him out that way (and hope the next owner isn't even worse). I'm not sure how we do this, but think we need to stick together, and a boycott will never achieve that. I fully respect anyone who decides to take that course of action, and like I've said I don't have the answers, I just hope all other actions are explored before that becomes the answer.

Agreed. The first question yesterday was a self fulfilling prophecy. The chap stating that he wouldn’t renew his season ticket because he didn’t know if AL has the funds to start and complete the season.

Well, there is one sure fire way to ensure he won’t have the funds (and for OAFC to probably enter admin, or worse disappear) and that is if virtually nobody renews. 

Support the team and, more importantly, the club as we normally would, other ways of dealing with the owner must be sought.  The club and all of us will be there longer than he will. 

Edited by kowenicki
  • Like 4

50 minutes ago, Steve_R said:

I know a few who swore blind they would never step foot in Boundary Park until Corney  had gone but haven't since returned, and although I'll still turn up I've no real desire to see us the Conference North under a new owner, who may end up being a bigger balloon than Lemsegan.

Agreed - if Lemsagam is the best we can get when we're actually in the league, imagine who we'll get (if anyone..) in the Conference North..

Having seen Latics in all four divisions, the notion that we'll rebuild and come back stronger after a relegation is an absolute fallacy.

Lets try and get this chancer out before yet another relegation - even in Division Four, we'll be more attractive to an investor than in the Conference North..

Edited by JoeP

41 minutes ago, Steve_R said:

I feel we need to protest from within, be visible at .to show our displeasure and hound him out that way (and hope the next owner isn't even worse). 

And there's the big question. Is there a next owner? 

• Like 1

So people want AL out. Fair enough. I don't think he's much idea yet what he's doing.

Who replaces him though? The Trust? They're completely potless and have absolutely no idea what they're doing.

They can't even give a straight answer when asked a question.

The Trust in charge would guarantee freefall. 

Relegation didn't reunite everyone as people swore blind it would.

SC leaving didn't bring the fans back as people swore blind it would.

9 hours ago, League one forever said:

Pathetic response. 

Who’s happy??

You don’t get it do you? 

What’s the point of a lower league football club? Because it isn’t what we’ve got at the minute. Watching that video is heartbreaking, you basically got a load of die hard fans who given up their time but can’t do a single thing.  All they can come up with is, let’s ask for another meeting. . . Because he might come on the 6th time of asking. Especially if we don’t say please this time. 

So come on, you tell me what any fan can do except vote with their feet? An yes I would watch conference north with a fan led club. Wouldn’t you???? 

I'd watch them there. No way am I contributing to taking us there by not going and starving the club of money.

People thinking 10,000 would turn up the day after AL left and The Trust took over? 

18 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

So people want AL out. Fair enough. I don't think he's much idea yet what he's doing.

Who replaces him though? The Trust? They're completely potless and have absolutely no idea what they're doing.

They can't even give a straight answer when asked a question.

The Trust in charge would guarantee freefall. 

Relegation didn't reunite everyone as people swore blind it would.

SC leaving didn't bring the fans back as people swore blind it would.

You fancy meeting for a pint McFluff?

Would be good to talk through some of your points here.

thanks