Boundary Park buy out

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

Thought probably not. 

Harry says don't tell. I think they all know who it was. Just don't want any friendly fire. Hypocritical really

Edited by Lags

11 minutes ago, Lags said:

Monty says don't tell. I think they all know who it was. Just don't want any friendly fire. Hypocritical really

In the spectacular shambles that our club has become could you or anyone else seriously give a flying f#ck

44 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

In the spectacular shambles that our club has become could you or anyone else seriously give a flying f#ck

About Harry bosch? Not a jot 😁

Edited by Lags

16 minutes ago, robboman said:

This is presumably the follow up tweet. 

The issue I have with the reasoning is Coventry's situation. They have an available ground in Coventry but are playing in Birmingham, having previously played in Northampton due to rent charges. 

I can't see the EFL saying Oldham can't move out of the Borough due to the ground still being available if they have let Coventry do so twice. 

Personally I think it makes sense for the club to look at other options now, rather than in the future if things become unworkable between the club and the landlords. However, I don't think the AJ Bell stadium would be the answer given who already plays there. 

27 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

The issue I have with the reasoning is Coventry's situation. They have an available ground in Coventry but are playing in Birmingham, having previously played in Northampton due to rent charges. 

I can't see the EFL saying Oldham can't move out of the Borough due to the ground still being available if they have let Coventry do so twice. 

Personally I think it makes sense for the club Lemsagams to look at other options now, rather than in the future if things become unworkable between the club and the landlords. However, I don't think the AJ Bell stadium would be the answer given who already plays there. 

FIFY
I think your reasoning is sound, despite seemingly being against the rules. Of course the current owners could exaggerate some drama.

1 hour ago, rudemedic said:

Personally I think it makes sense for the club to look at other options now, rather than in the future if things become unworkable between the club and the landlords. However, I don't think the AJ Bell stadium would be the answer given who already plays there. 

I think what makes our situation different to Coventry's is that the club has a long term secure lease on the ground on terms it agreed to.

I don't think Coventry had  a lease agreement on the Ricoh when they left.

1 hour ago, rudemedic said:

Coventry's ground isn't available. They couldn't reach any agreement with the landlord 

1 hour ago, adamoafc said:

The EFL have already refused a request from AL to move us. 

For a bit of balance, wouldn’t it have given AL more bargaining power with Blitz / The FLG if the EFL had given this a green light (even if it was never really our intention to move)?

FWIW, I suspect our glorious chairman would move us at a drop of a hat if it suited his interests.

2 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

If this is true would it change your stance Ross?  @boundaryblue80 

Not having a pop, just curious.. 

I'd be extremely uncomfortable and unhappy with us leaving BP....there will obviously be context to it, should it ever happen... (PS I don't see it ever happening. There will be bluffing akin to the current Brexit/No Deal/Oct 31st/We're leaving & will prepare for it etc.)

On 7/18/2019 at 10:04 AM, boundaryblue80 said:

Blitz/Gazal could. Not the FLG (unless they buy the land but we know they're miles from that at present - at least 6mths, I suspect much further though.) Also, there is a difference between the agreement over the land and the OEC. Corney had agreed a 20yr lease with his 2 mates of which AL will have taken on. The OEC agreement is completely aside to that. If AL stops paying the land lease agreement then I'll be extremely concerned. The evidence suggests that isn't the case (or we'd be looking for a new home already) and it's the OEC agreement that's causing the friction. An agreement which the FLG, who are in direct competition to AL for the land, now reside over. Messy.

Edited by boundaryblue80

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

Thee are no grounds in the Oldham Borough that meet EFL standards are there? 

Does (or did in pre-Biblical times) FC UoM, by some bizarre post code lottery quirk, have a corner flag in Oldham?