Press Conference

Having a manager hasn’t worked for 25 years, so no harm in trying this ‘Head Coach’ approach with the owner in charge of recruitment in my eyes. Been subject to disappointment my whole life from the team I support and welcome any drastic changes that provide a slim chance of success. Good luck to Banide, see how it goes.

46 minutes ago, Andy-latic said:

Having a manager hasn’t worked for 25 years, so no harm in trying this ‘Head Coach’ approach with the owner in charge of recruitment in my eyes. Been subject to disappointment my whole life from the team I support and welcome any drastic changes that provide a slim chance of success. Good luck to Banide, see how it goes.

This isn’t how the usual ‘head coach’ model usually works. Head coaches are given a large input into transfer policy and usually make final decisions.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Andy-latic said:

Not sure how anyone who has watched us in the last 2 years can be happy with the owner being in charge or recruitment.

• Like 1

Polite reminder that Corney and Shitpeas combined with a fan literally signed Kelly's replacement behind Kelly's back. 

Signing players without the knowledge of the manager is not new to Latics since AL came to power. 

31 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Not sure how anyone who has watched us in the last 2 years can be happy with the owner being in charge or recruitment.

Maybe some people don't see the harm.

As many of AL's signings worked as Bunn's or any of our previous managers for every shit one of AL's I could name about 5 from the last 5 years that have been worse

7 hours ago, ncookie9 said:

A head coach having no say in transfers is very concerning. Even in the continental model, a manager usually has the final say on transfers (albeit the director of football handles the negotiations, fees etc). If this is how we are operating and the powers that be are playing ‘ip dip do’ with players and are not linking in with formations and tactics, well...

When we had a "Manager" he still didnt make the signings. At least its out in the open now, as opposed to being fed through different managers leaving interviews to us.

44 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

Polite reminder that Corney and Shitpeas combined with a fan literally signed Kelly's replacement behind Kelly's back. 

Signing players without the knowledge of the manager is not new to Latics since AL came to power. 

I agree, but you'll be hard-pressed to any Latics fan who was happy with what was going on in the appropriately (and brilliantly) named "Horrible Anus" year.

Comparing AL with the part of the Corney era when the wheels really came off doesn't do AL any favours.  I was expecting (or at least hoping) for something better to be honest.

10 hours ago, latics22 said:

Fucking mo, what a cunt. He may as well of done the interview whispering in his ear. For me hes the problem. Clarke said that he had no problem with AL and hes out the country most of the time. So the problem must be that muppet!

I think it may well have been him ‘suggesting’ to Paul Scholes who should be in the starting 11

5 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Anyone feel like these two clowns ie al and mo. Think that they can just reel of edmudsons every year for a profit. Hence the appointment of a ex youth coach.

That's been Crewe's philosophy for a few decades. They've been in the Championship more recently than us. 

Obviously everyone knows there have been issues with that philosophy. 

48 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

That's been Crewe's philosophy for a few decades. They've been in the Championship more recently than us. 

Obviously everyone knows there have been issues with that philosophy. 

Yes, a flat cap on a dressing room peg could potentially strike fear into any young lad.

1 hour ago, OAFC1984 said:

Can’t imagine 10 minutes on GMTV every morning would qualify him for football management 

I saw Mr Motivator energetically going about his business in Sainsburys in Southfield. Loose jogging bottoms, no underwear. Distressing.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, rudemedic said:

Ex premier league established top level player David Dunn? Should AL sign anyone with that sort of background I will happily give him £1000 for a season ticket.