OAFC Latest Accounts

2 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

Who are these people go on name and shame them.

Haven't got the time or interest to name a listload but 3 utter cretins for a start are Kusunga is God on here and Dean Hutchings and Matthew Bourne on Twitter. There’s plenty of others. All ready to deny they’ll revel in our defeats & crow from the rooftops. Yet they do it at the first given opportunity. Bellends. 

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Haven't got the time or interest to name a listload but 3 utter cretins for a start are Kusunga is God on here and Dean Hutchings and Matthew Bourne on Twitter. There’s plenty of others. All ready to deny they’ll revel in our defeats & crow from the rooftops. Yet they do it at the first given opportunity. Bellends. 

I don't bother with Twitter, but I think on here KIG has some valid points, seems more frustrated with the way the club is being run and who can blame him. Maybe a bit OTT sometimes but each to their own. 

3 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Do you realise that on a small screen your thumbnail size profile picture looks like Ken Dodd? Thought you'd want to know. 

I always assumed it was Ken Dodd. Just zoomed in and indeed it isnt him.

7 hours ago, boundaryblue80 said:

7 hours ago, Lags said:

Just read this board. 

I don't do twitter but I know one of those users has rocked up on here under various pseudonym attention seeking and eventually getting banned.

As for KIG, well some of his views are misplaced but I don't think he wants us to lose I just see that he is fed up with the current owner. The vast majority of us on this message board are in this kind of bracket. I have no confidence in the current owner and quite simply we cannot progress anywhere other than downwards with him and his cronies in charge. After stating he had a 5 year plan to get us to the Championship and that the budget would be 100% better his subsequent summer recruitment activity has been laughable and I only envisage a relegation scrap. I desperately want to be wrong about this I will gain nothing from being proved right about my prediction I doubt anyoneelse will too. I won't get anything from being proved right on this message board, something's I've been proved right about somethings I will be proved wrong I don't win any prizes either way.

A lot of people have come to this conclusion that we cannot succeed under the current regime, However their are a lot of people who still wish to support him which begs the next question how long will the support that he currently have last? at what point will others "turn" and say this can't go on? We all came to this conclusion with the last owner at some point over a good decade or so and I'm wondering now how support/attendances will hold up for the current owner or will people be carrying him shoulder high around the pitch on the last day of the season as we narrowly avoid relegation out of the football league like its somekind of achievement. If things go wrong will they just blame the previous regime (yes they have some responsibility for this shitshow but not 100%) or will they just blame the manager like people always seem too.

You can drag this post up again in May if I'm proved wrong and we go up I will happily eat that humble pie but at the moment I feel this season is going to be a disaster something I certainly won't celebrate.

3 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

I don't do twitter but I one of those users has rocked up on here under various pseudonym attention seeking.

As for KIG well some of his views are misplaced but I don't think he wants us to lose I just see that he is fed up with the current owner. The vast majority of us on this message board are in this kind of bracket I have no confidence in the current owner and quite simply we cannot progress anywhere other than downwards with in and his cronies in charge. After stating he had a 5 year plan to get us to the Championship and that the budget would be 100% better his subsequent summer recruitment activity has been laughable and I only envisage a relegation scrap. I desperately want to be wrong about this I will gain nothing from being proved right about my prediction I doubt anyoneelse will too I won't get anything from being proved right on this message board something's I've been proved right about somethings I will be proved wrong I don't win any prizes either way.

A lot of people have come to this conclusion that we cannot succeed under the current regime, However their are a lot of people who still wish to support him which begs the next question how long will the support that he currently have last, at what point will others "turn" and say this can't go on. We all came to this conclusion with the last owner at some point over a good decade or so and I'm wondering now how support/attendances will hold up for the current owner or will people be carrying him shoulder high around the pitch on the last day of the season as we narrowly avoid relegation out of the football league like its somekind of achievement. If things go wrong will they just blame the previous regime (yes they have some responsibility for this shitshow but not 100%) or will they just blame the manager like people always seem too.

You can drag this post up again in May if I'm proved wrong and we go up I will happily eat that humble pie but at the moment I feel this season is going to be a disaster something I certainly won't celebrate.

Personally I think you'll be safe come May given the squad to date I see a similar finish to last season. 

If Al said a five year plan, he isn't the first and won't be the last. If he did then this is his 2nd season. Some may argue he was around in Corneys last but all he did was bankroll a completely broken chairman. 

I'll give him the time he's asked for. It's getting increasingly harder for the guy given the latest developments in my opinion. Only due to some monies now going elsewhere other than his war chest 

3 minutes ago, Lags said:

in what way?

In that the thread about Barry Owen went on longer than Doddy's legendarily long stage performances...? :)

By the way:

'I see Ken Dodd's died'

'Did he?'

'No, Doddy...'

2 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

In that the thread about Barry Owen went on longer than Doddy's legendarily long stage performances...? :)

By the way:

'I see Ken Dodd's died'

'Did he?'

'No, Doddy...'

My favourite tongue twister involves Ken Dodd.

3 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

By the way:

'I see Ken Dodd's died'

'Did he?'

'No, Doddy...'

Would that be the same Barry Owen no one wanted to talk about, yet since then I've seen him spoke about god knows how many times on here in many a thread.

Dave, you're a grown man, who I believe to be quite intelligent, for gods sake let it go man.

Now I'd prefer you left the reply to the poster intended, you're getting tedious. 

16 hours ago, latics22 said:

We need to turn on that flat capped idiot! We should all don flat caps

Aye. Reclaim the flat cap. Fuck Mo and his cultural appropriation. 

6 hours ago, boundaryblue80 said:

6 hours ago, Lags said:

Just read this board. 

DNHOTYA

OWTB myth.

56 minutes ago, Lags said:

Would that be the same Barry Owen no one wanted to talk about, yet since then I've seen him spoke about god knows how many times on here in many a thread.

Dave, you're a grown man, who I believe to be quite intelligent, for gods sake let it go man.

Now I'd prefer you left the reply to the poster intended, you're getting tedious. 

Good grief man. The other day someone on here accused me of having no sense of humour 😂

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

By the way:

'I see Ken Dodd's died'

'Did he?'

'No, Doddy...'

I think this came from Johnny Vegas a few years back:-

“Doddy died

The dodo died

Di died and Dodi died....

I bet Dido is shittin’ herself”

6 hours ago, boundaryblue80 said:

I know two of those personally, one very well. And I can 10000 percent say that they would not be happy if we lose games - both have bought Season Tickets and both take their sons to watch us - just because they aren't happy with the regime doesn't mean they want us to do anything other than be successful...

People are bitter and pissed off with the club, but can you blame then?

I admire the eternal optimists of this world, and it must be soul destroying for them having to put up with people who seem to thrive off misfortune and failure.

But it's the club who has contributed to this attitude. 

As everyone knows, it's a fine line between love and hate, and the club barely ever gives us reason to love it.  

Archived