Maamria Appointed

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

What came across to me was the boards hostility to the FLG as some sort of takeover threat rather than all concerned negotiating a good deal on the North stand for the benefit of the club.

Barry's rant , for the benefit of the FLG in the room I think he said, about the right to enter the OEC on safety ground was gobsmacking. Neither the time, the place, or the approach to take.

7 hours ago, singe said:

Be interested in what those questioning Roy's unprofessionalism earlier in this thread make of Adam Morallee, Dino and Abdallah....

Didn't Barry say turn off the camera whilst he was shovelling the pie down his neck.

I actually felt a bit sorry for Barry Owen when all that was going on. It was clear he wasn't 'one of the lads' and the others seemed to take the piss a bit at times. He laughed at times there was nothing to laugh about at jokes he clearly wasn't part of. Seemed uncomfortable but wanted to portray otherwise. Came across as a twat when he spoke though. Used to think he got some unfair stick but his clear disdain for fans and his condescending tone is embarrassing.

1 hour ago, longtimeblue said:

I actually felt a bit sorry for Barry Owen when all that was going on. It was clear he wasn't 'one of the lads' and the others seemed to take the piss a bit at times. He laughed at times there was nothing to laugh about at jokes he clearly wasn't part of. Seemed uncomfortable but wanted to portray otherwise. Came across as a twat when he spoke though. Used to think he got some unfair stick but his clear disdain for fans and his condescending tone is embarrassing.

Blokes a PR disaster has been from the year dot, had the displeasure of being in his company a couple of times and he's quite frankly a prick, beggars belief what he brings to the table.

1 hour ago, longtimeblue said:

I think the penny dropped to the board during this Forum just how divisive and destructive to the fanbase Owen is.  AL and Moralee had to stick up for the bloke at the start but as the forum wore on, Moralee was more WTF? every time Owen grabbed the mic.  Hopefully BO is dropped from the board ASAP.

On a wider scale, personally I’m just bored of it all now.  The past is the past.  If the club is more solvent now, secure and AL still has the cash then give Dino this January window to rebuild and see where we go.  I’m not even bothered if ML still recommends potential signings if Dino has final say.  Dino I like - yes he’s all sound bite - but he’s ambitious and driven, which is what we need.  Equally he can unite the fanbase by winning games and attending future forums.

What has wound me up is the FLG releasing the statement about buying shares yesterday.  When I thought we’d now get some openness following the forum, this statement is just going to divide the club further and potentially jeopardise what is imminently achievable on the pitch via Dino.  What’s their real motive here?  What they aiming to achieve by being present - but more so vocal via social media - on the board at this stage?  Granted they’re acquiring a vote on the board but why publicly rattle the sabre now?  To me it’s just a dick measuring competition now, courting the fanbase and placing the club at risk short-term.

If the intention is to force a sale of the club and own both club and stadium, stop the fucking around with social media teasers and coded messages.  The forum was an opportunity to stand up, announce yourself and force the board into meeting and addressing everything - OEC, SLA, FLG....WTF?  Between the two parties, grow the fuck up and achieve some unity.

All I want is for the football club to win on the pitch and get promotion in my lifetime.  Even if it’s signing Billy Clark on a short term deal to inject the possibility of a goal short-term.  Get together for the sake of the club - the club is the most important thing here - unite the fans and entice the fans back.

On 10/11/2019 at 9:58 AM, singe said:

Be interested in what those questioning Roy's unprofessionalism earlier in this thread make of Adam Morallee, Dino and Abdallah....

What’s this got to do with Roy and the live press conference? Wasn’t this during the break? What are you going on about?  

ps. BO is a joke and a liability imo. 

13 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

I think the penny dropped to the board during this Forum just how divisive and destructive to the fanbase Owen is.  AL and Moralee had to stick up for the bloke at the start but as the forum wore on, Moralee was more WTF? every time Owen grabbed the mic.  Hopefully BO is dropped from the board ASAP.

On a wider scale, personally I’m just bored of it all now.  The past is the past.  If the club is more solvent now, secure and AL still has the cash then give Dino this January window to rebuild and see where we go.  I’m not even bothered if ML still recommends potential signings if Dino has final say.  Dino I like - yes he’s all sound bite - but he’s ambitious and driven, which is what we need.  Equally he can unite the fanbase by winning games and attending future forums.

What has wound me up is the FLG releasing the statement about buying shares yesterday.  When I thought we’d now get some openness following the forum, this statement is just going to divide the club further and potentially jeopardise what is imminently achievable on the pitch via Dino.  What’s their real motive here?  What they aiming to achieve by being present - but more so vocal via social media - on the board at this stage?  Granted they’re acquiring a vote on the board but why publicly rattle the sabre now?  To me it’s just a dick measuring competition now, courting the fanbase and placing the club at risk short-term.

If the intention is to force a sale of the club and own both club and stadium, stop the fucking around with social media teasers and coded messages.  The forum was an opportunity to stand up, announce yourself and force the board into meeting and addressing everything - OEC, SLA, FLG....WTF?  Between the two parties, grow the fuck up and achieve some unity.

All I want is for the football club to win on the pitch and get promotion in my lifetime.  Even if it’s signing Billy Clark on a short term deal to inject the possibility of a goal short-term.  Get together for the sake of the club - the club is the most important thing here - unite the fans and entice the fans back.

Wholeheartedly agree with this post. Every word of it. 👏 

35 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Blokes a PR disaster has been from the year dot, had the displeasure of being in his company a couple of times and he's quite frankly a prick, beggars belief what he brings to the table.

His pie and peas. Surely he’d had his tea before he turned. 

8 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Wholeheartedly agree with this post. Every word of it. 👏 

Feels like they just have intentions of causing trouble. They clearly just want AL out and working against him is just going to piss him off not make him go I’m afraid. 

48 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

Excellent post.

Archived